• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Metropolis Comics

199 posts in this topic

Just wanted to see if anyone has ever dealt with Metropoliscomics.com before I complete an order with them.

They have some pretty reasonable priced ungraded comics on their site. Does anyone have a history with them that can tell me how accurate their grading on raw books is?

Thanks

Seriously though Metro are THE biggest dealer on the planet and while they have their haters on here, I have bought from them numerous times.

deal with Frank Cwilik (sp?) he is a good guy.

I wasn't too impressed with my one and only order of ungraded comics from them.

I bought a limited series that I understood to say was all 9.8 and white pages. Two of them were and the other 4 were around 9.4 but with white pages.

They packaged them in one bag and board for all and the comics were rolling a bit.

I would ask they bag and board each comic individually and if buying a set like I did, that you quiz what exactly the description is referring too.

I think I will stick with graded items from them in the future.

Good luck

Thanks for the responses, I started off with a small purchase, and if it goes smoothly, I'll do another.

There was a thread started a few years ago by comicgrinder. He purchased a number of high grade, raw, ASM SA books from Metro, and submitted them to CGC. The CGC grades were lower than the Metro advertised grades. He did buy the books from Metro for a price less than CGC graded books.

I like Metro for their service and selection but their grading isn't perfect.

bought a Marvel Mystery #6 from them, I had called before and asked them how sure they were about the book and was told the book had been greatly looked over and to not worry at all...got the book ,sub it to CGC express tier which came back a lower grade and trimmed, when I contact them about it I was told i could get a refund for only the book not grading fee's ( even tho they wanted it return slabbed) and i had to cover shipping back to them.. so all and all i lost 170 on the deal...but the best part is they relisted the book on their site again without noting its been trimmed..WILL not buy from them or comicconnect again.

the only highlight of the deal was the last guy i talked to about making sure my refund was done was very nice about checking for me

it was listed as restored which i was ok with, back lower grade and trimmed on the cover it has been relsted with no notes of it being trimmed and a higher grade then it came back as well

Just wanted to see if anyone has ever dealt with Metropoliscomics.com before I complete an order with them.

They have some pretty reasonable priced ungraded comics on their site. Does anyone have a history with them that can tell me how accurate their grading on raw books is?

Thanks

Vincent Zurzolo and Stephen Fishler are two stand up guys. They will honor your commitments.Highly recommend to do business with these gentlemen.

In my experience, they price high, grade loosely and seldom discount. Their formula seems grade a book, then mark it one grade higher. Then price it 20% above market. Then discount 5%. If buying expensive raw books in 9.4+, be sure you agree with their grade. Some books I've bought & submitted with advertised and final grades: 9.6 --> CGC 9.6; 2 X 9.4 --> both CGC 9.2; 9.0 --> CGC 9.0

I have received excellent service in some cases, and poor service in others. Twice I've returned books with unmentioned defects with no refund for shipping. I was out money for their mistake.

Thanks

Vincent Zurzolo and Stephen Fishler are two stand up guys. They will honor your committments.Highly recommend to do business with these gentlemen.

You must be rich.