• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guardians of the Galaxy news

3,692 posts in this topic

So I have now watched the trailer about 6 times. Will probably hit 20 by the end of the day. Looks awesome.... anyone else notice Knowhere?!

In this film, Knowhere will be where the Collector is based out of.

Everything has said that the Collector's HQ is IN knowhere, not that itnecessarily IS knowhere. I bet we'll see a lot more stuff in that celestials head.

Now, trying to figure out how to get into the SDCC showing ( you know they will have one )

An extended trailer or first 10 minutes type thing. I doubt there is a reason to show an entire film to a group of people who will already be lining up at midnight to see it on the regular launch day.

With that said, I need to find an inside person who can get me some of the merch exclusives that will be at the show.

I'm wondering which shows between now and release will feature any of the main cast as media guests. That would be a huge draw. SDCC will likely be the only one, right?

They showed Cowboys vs. Aliens here a week before it his theaters.

Yeah, that happens all the time at SDCC. They did the same thing with Captain America.

Cap 1 was shown at SDCC at noon (12 hours before regular release.)

I remember, although it was 10am, and Chris Evans made an appearance. They handed out movie posters.

Now, trying to figure out how to get into the SDCC showing ( you know they will have one )

An extended trailer or first 10 minutes type thing. I doubt there is a reason to show an entire film to a group of people who will already be lining up at midnight to see it on the regular launch day.

With that said, I need to find an inside person who can get me some of the merch exclusives that will be at the show.

I'm wondering which shows between now and release will feature any of the main cast as media guests. That would be a huge draw. SDCC will likely be the only one, right?

They showed Cowboys vs. Aliens here a week before it his theaters.

Yeah, that happens all the time at SDCC. They did the same thing with Captain America.

Cap 1 was shown at SDCC at noon (12 hours before regular release.)

I remember, although it was 10am, and Chris Evans made an appearance. They handed out movie posters.

Yep it was 10am. Was going off memory.

The music is still annoying.

I kinda like the music as a cool link...it's part if the tie that Starlord has to his home, Earth. That's what I'm assuming will be revealed in the movie, that the casette player is one of the only things he has to remind him of where he's from...and I'm guessing the music in the trailer's is what's being played on the tape.

I kinda like the music as a cool link...it's part if the tie that Starlord has to his home, Earth. That's what I'm assuming will be revealed in the movie, that the casette player is one of the only things he has to remind him of where he's from...and I'm guessing the music in the trailer's is what's being played on the tape.

This is all common knowledge and has been for some time...why would you have to guess?

Peace,

Chip

Hooked on a Feeling has got to go. It wasn't irritating for me the first time around like it was for others but it is now. It's not a very good song and I like 60's and 70's rock. Just because Rain Drops keep Falling on my Head was a hit and appeared in Butch Cassidy doesn't mean this should be inserted in this film...it's getting a lot of complaints especially the first go round.

Hooked on a Feeling has got to go. It wasn't irritating for me the first time around like it was for others but it is now. It's not a very good song and I like 60's and 70's rock. ...it's getting a lot of complaints especially the first go round.

According to news sources after the first trailer was released:

"The Guardians of the Galaxy trailer was released on Tuesday night during Jimmy Kimmel Live, and the “Hooked On a Feeling” song sold more than 2,000 downloads the next day, which was a 700% increase over regular daily sales. The 2,000 in digital sales in a single day was actually enough to give the song its best digital sales week ever, breaking the old record of 1,000 downloads."

I predict the movie will do well. Maybe not Cap 2 or X-Men DOFP numbers, though who knows? Yet well enough for there to be a sequel.

I'm looking forward to seeing the movie. Source music and all.

A lot of complaints? Where, exactly?

Peace,

Chip

That was a big complaint right here on the boards after the first trailer. I guarantee you if I asked my friends in the 19-30 year old demographic they would have one word for it, the same term they would throw out someone like Justin Beiber.

What a fun, fun, fun trailer! :headbang:

And, yes, the lack of hipster music has been great! I don;t think anyone would have ever guessed those two songs would be hitting this movie lol

Hooked on a Feeling has got to go. It wasn't irritating for me the first time around like it was for others but it is now. It's not a very good song and I like 60's and 70's rock. Just because Rain Drops keep Falling on my Head was a hit and appeared in Butch Cassidy doesn't mean this should be inserted in this film...it's getting a lot of complaints especially the first go round.

I know the soundtrack is definitely different from today's norm. But maybe that is what the director is going for with this trailer and movie. It definitely makes you take notice when it comes on. And I am not seeing a soundtrack outrage from folks posting their reactions to the trailer.

Check out the feedback from this fan-made 'Blue Swede - Hooked On A Feeling' music video. Viewers are showing up because it was in the trailer, and sounding all pumped up over the movie and the difference with the song.

William Hansen: Try to get this song out of your head now :-)

Andy Panayiotou: Honestly, if they put music like this during fight sequences and stuff like that, it automatically gets a 10 from me

Kim Han: cant stop replaying...

Alex Winchester: I've never been so in love with this song.

People are pumped about this movie and the 'crazy' songs that combined make it very different from the superhero movies that have been coming out.

Now it just needs to take off at the box office and we are going to see so much more from the C-player list from Marvel.

:wishluck:

The trailers are getting better. This is really coming together nicely. Each trailer will probably show us another key character. This one has Ronin. Next one will probably have Yondu and so on... Just don't show us the great villain. Save that for the theatre please.

I watch these GOTG trailers and I feel that giddy feeling when it was new comic day at the candy store. Can't wait :applause: