• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guardians of the Galaxy news

3,692 posts in this topic

That is NOT good news.

What's not good news? That they are making a Guardians of the Galaxy movie? I agree. :grin:

Gotta love all of the new GOTG fan boys. This movies is going to suck, the characters suck, and the comics series sucks.

You sound like a GREEN LANTERN fan who has sour grapes that Marvel will do a better space saga movie then DC did. :baiting:

I guarantee the Guardians of the Galaxy movie will smoke the Green Lantern movie at the box office,and I mean toast Green Lantern by double the box office!

:)

Where do you get Green Lantern from in anything that I posted here?

I was a Marvel Cosmic hater until I ready the Annihilation and Annihilation: Conquest runs, and all of the ancillary titles that tied in to the storyline. Incredible story-telling. I continued it with the new NOVA and GOTG series. Love me some cosmic now.

Ha why all the hate for GotG? I haven't read a ton of it or Nova ,but what I read so far has been pretty good!

This is the standard kind of "everybody saying how a movie is going to be even though there is hardly anything known about it yet" stuff that precedes every movie. One rubbish actor does not a failure make.

I'll reserve my judgement a least until we know more and probably until I see the movie.

That is NOT good news.

What's not good news? That they are making a Guardians of the Galaxy movie? I agree. :grin:

I only clicked on this thread to say that. lol

As for the wrestler/MMA guy playing Drax, well Drax is not exactly a 'Shakespearean' character. Drax needs to look tough and powerful...

Exactly. People are demanding fine actors...for a Guardians of the Galaxy movie. :screwy:

I'm ready to unleash my copies of ST 180 on the eBay as soon as a Gamora is announced.

I am very happy that the focus is off of Batman and back on Marvel controlled properties. Allows me to upgrade a Spidey here and there and go after a Golden Age Batman and Superman every now and then.

I can't believe it's serious hate. I honestly cannot see anyone reading #1-25 of the last series and not liking it unless they just hate cosmic stuff. I agree that we don't need a great actor for drax. All he has to be is big and mean. There are plenty of other characters that the main dialogue will fall on.

Ha why all the hate for GotG? I haven't read a ton of it or Nova ,but what I read so far has been pretty good!

This is the standard kind of "everybody saying how a movie is going to be even though there is hardly anything known about it yet" stuff that precedes every movie. One rubbish actor does not a failure make.

I'll reserve my judgement a least until we know more and probably until I see the movie.

I for one do not think that the movie will "perform like a vacuum." However I must side with the naysayers in one aspect. If an individual that has a history of lackluster performances is required to actually "act" then going by previous experience, his character could easily be considered a weak link.

Look at it this way. No matter what happens it has got to be better than Rise of Cobra (1st Joe Movie) since that is two hours of my life I will never get back.

Didn't read all the early posts in this thread, but just wanted to say that I just read the new GotG 0.1 and loved it. The story was super touching and had some action as well. Didn't like Bendis for awhile as I thought his books were just a bunch of talking heads, but after reading this and couple of his other newer offerings, I'm changing my mind about him. The last GotG series was awesome IMO as well. I just wish I had been able to get a couple copies of the last 2 issues before Thanos made his appearance in the Avengers movie. They are not cheap now.

I for one was skeptical when the original idea for a film arose. Then I thought about the recent handling of Marvel franchise movies and thought, no way would they bring this to the screen unless it was done well. I hope I'm right.