• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Lazarus - New Image book by Greg Rucka and Michael Lark

696 posts in this topic

I'm happy for the news but also :frustrated: ... I really wanted to get a Forbidden Planet variant! :cry:

I loved that cover before I even started reading Lazarus! :sorry:

Just the other day I just got a free 9.8 one when I purchased a Rachel Rising #1. :banana:

lol wow...

Very nice!

lol I still haven't been able to shake my excitement over this one.

If the show gets picked up, it's going to make for some great TV. Imagine if Rucka or the writers follow the comic model and dedicate one commercial each episode to one of the families' products like the back cover "ad" of each comic. :cloud9:

"In a competitive bidding war, Legendary Television and producer Matt Tolmach have acquired the rights to Greg Rucka and Michael Lark's dystopian-set comic book series, Lazarus for a scripted TV series."

Does this bidding increase the likelihood that the show will actually get produced do you think? Or is it commonplace

Either way it does seem there is great interest in getting this done

Descender was the first option I saw that mentioned a bidding war. That made more sense though, since it was a brand new property.

I'm not sure why there would be a bidding war after 15 or so issues of Lazarus. Maybe they just started shopping the rights or announced they were available?

Descender was the first option I saw that mentioned a bidding war. That made more sense though, since it was a brand new property.

I'm not sure why there would be a bidding war after 15 or so issues of Lazarus. Maybe they just started shopping the rights or announced they were available?

Since Rucka is writing the pilot, maybe he wanted to have a good amount of the world created and story written and planned before he started shopping it around...maybe :shrug:

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

My favourite non-Marvel book. So pumped about this. It really will make an excellent show if it gets to air.

Just like Fatale, my Lazarus collection is quite backed up, need to send some big subs to CGC this spring.

Edited by CBT

lol I still haven't been able to shake my excitement over this one.

If the show gets picked up, it's going to make for some great TV. Imagine if Rucka or the writers follow the comic model and dedicate one commercial each episode to one of the families' products like the back cover "ad" of each comic. :cloud9:

Of all the modern comics I have read, this one more than any, seems fit for TV. If it actual gets to air, its going to be a hit for sure.

I got into Lazarus very late. I just picked up the TPB's around Christmas time after it was recommended by a couple of friends.

I can't believe this book hasn't been more popular than it is. It is amazing! The art, the writing, characters, the world created.

I agree - if this gets made into a television show, this is going to be awesome.

I got into Lazarus very late. I just picked up the TPB's around Christmas time after it was recommended by a couple of friends.

I can't believe this book hasn't been more popular than it is. It is amazing! The art, the writing, characters, the world created.

I agree - if this gets made into a television show, this is going to be awesome.

^^

Unfortunately, in this market, things don't tend to get noticed unless there is some sort of media deal.

This book is the real deal, I've never even considered removing it from my pull.

I'm not sure if the trades have it or not (I believe the deluxe hardcover does, I'll have to check my copy) but the back matter in this book is must read material as well.