• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Lazarus - New Image book by Greg Rucka and Michael Lark

696 posts in this topic

I was just being mysterious for no reason.....Lazarus seems to have the same level of love by the readers as early TWD

Really? Isn't the sneak peek in TWD 109 the first appearance for Lazarus? :)

Forgot about this. :headbang:

I was lucky enough to grab a full run of first prints 1-15 at the LCS, for cover price. And I bought the first trade lol. Thank god people didn't know about the news in my area .

Just sent off a fairly large submission to cgc

Rucka's Punisher run? hm

You havent heard me rant about it lol . I have had several rants on it in the last couple years for sure. it's SO good.

Main series

https://www.mycomicshop.com/search?TID=22277895

Limited series conclusion

https://www.mycomicshop.com/search?TID=23483385

Read them, trust me.

The shops I get my TPBs from don't have his Punisher in stock.

I was able to get the War Zone TPB though.

I think Rucka being hands on with the show will make all the difference...better than just blindly selling it to some NBC shill who ends up shelving it or releasing a version that's 180 degrees different than the comic.

I think Rucka being hands on with the show will make all the difference...better than just blindly selling it to some NBC shill who ends up shelving it or releasing a version that's 180 degrees different than the comic.

Any word on which station is picking it up? Keep it as far away from NBC as possible haha

Any word on which station is picking it up? Keep it as far away from NBC as possible haha

The press release said Legendary TV will be producing, which only has two shows to their credit... One on Netflix and the other on Amazon. It's owned by Legendary Pictures film studio, so they have money backing them. I was surprised to see that they also have a comics line - Legendary Comics; Never heard of them until two days ago.

I wouldn't be sad with Netflix picking it up...they're doing Daredevil so Lazarus might get some spillover from that.

One of the only ways I would feel confident.

Network television is such a dead model, there are too many cooks in the kitchen, so I don't want it to end up on one of the 'old' networks if it actually does eventually air.

I don't normally buy many copies at one time but I did get a few of this one. I also have two 9.8s. One blue and one yellow (signed by Rucka and Lark - which is why I have extra raw copies, because it's hard to find them both in the same place for signatures). Plus, it's a great book.

image.jpg1_zpsjnojf3bm.jpg

Edited by highradart

My first post on the boards, found these forums through a friend and lurked for a little bit. I just wanted to pitch in since this is my favorite modern book, and the most exciting world-building I've seen since the beginning run of The Walking Dead.

Greg Rucka performs intense research drawing from current geopolitical events, incorporating modern oligarchs and plutocrats as inspirations for the families. His passion shows in every aspect of the book from the custom design ads/backstories to the real world information he shares on the letters page while attempting to further inform the reader. I had the pleasure of meeting him and Michael Lark at their recent signing and after-party in Berkeley, and both guys are not only as down to earth as you can imagine, but also incredibly dedicated and spirited about this story.

To share, here is a commission I received a while back from Michael. This is the first time I commissioned an original piece of art, and it was above all my expectations:

jR3nmt5O_2503151752031.jpg

To anyone on the fence, get the Lazarus Volume 1 Hardcover. The amount of additional content makes this a true bargain. Family above all!