• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Lazarus - New Image book by Greg Rucka and Michael Lark

696 posts in this topic

I got into Lazarus very late. I just picked up the TPB's around Christmas time after it was recommended by a couple of friends.

I can't believe this book hasn't been more popular than it is. It is amazing! The art, the writing, characters, the world created.

I agree - if this gets made into a television show, this is going to be awesome.

:applause: glad you like it.

To be certain I'd have to check, but I think this book is selling at about 15k per issue - so there are definitely copies out there.

I don't know what the total run was on the #1s, but I'm sure it's up there.

Up untill this morning there was a BIN for 10x @ $99.99 for the first print # 1

To be certain I'd have to check, but I think this book is selling at about 15k per issue - so there are definitely copies out there.

I don't know what the total run was on the #1s, but I'm sure it's up there.

#1 was 48,030

Only back issues that are available in this area are #5 and up

Same here

Hmm I must have gotten lucky, I just found #2,3,4 at cover price, but the #2 had a colour breaking crease through the bottom right corner so I left it

Only back issues that are available in this area are #5 and up

Same here

Hmm I must have gotten lucky, I just found #2,3,4 at cover price, but the #2 had a colour breaking crease through the bottom right corner so I left it

I have a CGC #1 (store variant, I bought it because I liked it, not to sell it) and multiple 9.8 candidate #1s, but I rarely ever sell the books I like - maybe I should if being unable to find copies of #1 is the norm for people.

hard to tell what happened to 48k copies....maybe some were returned or crammed into lonely $1 boxes.

I guess that includes the variants......

or does it hm

Edited by krighton

1,000 copies of Lazarus #1 is stupid. I preordered 2 copies though my LCS for 75 cents each, so who knows. I'll look at the preview in TWD tonight.

I think the book sux but hindsight being what it is, to go back 2 years, huh?

hard to tell what happened to 48k copies....maybe some were returned or crammed into lonely $1 boxes.

I'm sure when (if) the show production makes it to the next level there'll be plenty of 'horde photos' on this thread.

I have about 20 9.9 candidates of #1, still sitting in the box since they arrived, and have been both pulling this and 9.8 subscribing to it since the launch(well, had to back fill the subscription on a couple of the early ones)

The collector in me is sad I couldnt have got more before the specs descended on it, but ultimately, who cares about that. It's so good that its optioned, my collection is secondary to that. At least Velvet is still dirt cheap :D

Collecting high quality moderns that arent spec'd on, is the only way to go.

Rucka and Brubaker are automatic buys for me. Easily my two favourite writers. I think if and when Marvel finally makes Punisher in their MCU, they will use Ruckas Punisher run. So fraking good, cant praise it enough.

Rucka and Brubaker are automatic buys for me. Easily my two favourite writers. I think if and when Marvel finally makes Punisher in their MCU, they will use Ruckas Punisher run. So fraking good, cant praise it enough.

Love those two guys as well, one of the best creative teams from any era.

I think you're right with regards to the MCU and the Punisher - I doubt it'll be Ennis' run :)