• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

MegaCon March 21-23, 2014

312 posts in this topic

Just to check do the stalls there usually accept travellers cheques or am i better using prepaid dollar card? Also do cgc accept prepaid dollar cards or travellers cheques or do i need to have money out in advance?

This might be a better question for the MegaCon staff. Payment methods will vary by vendor but all will accept cash. Cash is king. If you are concerned, always bring cash (or have a card that is capable of being used in an ATM onsite to pull cash out as needed - but with a high usage fee per use.)

Link to MegaCon Staff contact info

Just to check do the stalls there usually accept travellers cheques or am i better using prepaid dollar card? Also do cgc accept prepaid dollar cards or travellers cheques or do i need to have money out in advance?

Cash is king. We do not accept travelers checks (they are too easy to counterfeit). Credit cards are ok but cash is best

Cash is king. We do not accept travelers checks (they are too easy to counterfeit). Credit cards are ok but cash is best

+1

Same here. Cash is always better. If you want to do card always check before hand with the dealer.

Their site is currently undergoing maintenance (upgrades) and has been hacked a few times lately. I would give them some more time to post any info regarding Stan Lee sig tix.

Anyone want to start planning a boardie dinner?

looks like they went on sale yesterday. all booked!

I hope they add a few more creators/artists bigger names. The media guest list is outstanding this year, best I have seen but the comic book guests are a little lagging for me compared to years past. I am not missing my one and only chance to meet the Man hoping he makes it this year and I don't have to get refunded again for my VIP tix

Mark Waid is on the list, so hopefully he is able to actually make it this year (he cancelled last year).

Also, you go the standard crew (Mike Perkins, Frank Tieri, Amanda Connor, Jimmy Palmiotti, Dave Johnson, Darwyn Cook, George Perez, etc.).

Also, Jimmy Cheung (Infiniy, AvX), J. Scott Campbell, and Skottie Young.

And Stan Lee. And, now, Herb Trimpe!

For me, it's a good creator/artist year.

(As an aside, Trimpe will be at the Hero Initiative booth. How do sigs work with creators at the HI booth? Is it a donation kinda situation or a flat rate? Or something else?)