• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ant-man teaser footage online.....For now.

42 posts in this topic

The other day I was reading an old Ant Man story from the early 60s, actually the intro of Janet the Wasp that was reprinted in Secret Invasion: Requiem. The whole time I was thinking to myself, "How the heck can they make this insect nonsense into a captivating movie in this day and age?". The whole concept just doesn't seem like it would fly today as a major motion picture, the way the other Marvel films have been successfully translated/updated for the 21st century.

I'm still not sold, but the test footage looked pretty good.

The other day I was reading an old Ant Man story from the early 60s, actually the intro of Janet the Wasp that was reprinted in Secret Invasion: Requiem. The whole time I was thinking to myself, "How the heck can they make this insect nonsense into a captivating movie in this day and age?". The whole concept just doesn't seem like it would fly today as a major motion picture, the way the other Marvel films have been successfully translated/updated for the 21st century.

The only way it could work would be to go retro like Captain America because with 2013-level security and video/motion monitoring systems, there is absolutely nothing to fear from an ant-sized nerd running around.

I'm still not sold, but the test footage looked pretty good.

I really wish they would have based the movie and character off of the "Irredeemable Ant-Man", given the current society and movie directions it would have fit very well.

The only way it could work would be to go retro like Captain America because with 2013-level security and video/motion monitoring systems, there is absolutely nothing to fear from an ant-sized nerd running around.

False!

he retains his strength when he shrinks down. I'm pretty sure if an ant could punch your lights out, you'd pay a lot more attention to them. Not to mention, most people arent to keen on having a massive swarm of ants jump their .

Ant-man freaking rocks! (worship)

I just wish they would go with the classic red uniform not this high tech black getup in the trailer :(

False!

he retains his strength when he shrinks down. I'm pretty sure if an ant could punch your lights out, you'd pay a lot more attention to them. Not to mention, most people arent to keen on having a massive swarm of ants jump their .

Ant-man freaking rocks! (worship)

:roflmao::roflmao:

Man, that crazy post just made my day!