• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dumb me and F USPS

53 posts in this topic

So I have never had a issue with shipping before besides a few small things. But the one time I dont insure something that I sold bam this happens. I will eat this and make good with the buyer. I always double wrap too.

The 9.8 damage.

saga298.jpg

And the 9.6.

Top Left

saga296topleftview1.jpg

saga296topleftview2.jpg

Bottom Left

saga296bottomleftview1.jpg

saga296bottomleftview2.jpg

boxbackandtop.jpg

boxbackandbottom.jpg

The medium flat rate boxes suck for shipping slabs - they're not tall enough, so there's not enough room to protect the slab on the top & bottom.

A much better combo is the USPS-1092 box inside the USPS-1095 box - postage should be about the same as well.

The medium flat rate boxes suck for shipping slabs - they're not tall enough, so there's not enough room to protect the slab on the top & bottom.

A much better combo is the USPS-1092 box inside the USPS-1095 box - postage should be about the same as well.

This is the answer. (thumbs u

They wont give me the 1092 box's say soemhting like the rate is the same. ANd the 1095 box. Now I have done online to get delived boxes to me for those. Everytime they say oh yeah we dont go those. Yeah just not happy at all oh well. I will make good with buyer

You have to order them on the USPS website.

They're free and they deliver them to your house.

Yeah thats the problem I have and they never ever show up and to top it off the post master just like well try again. Never a good answer. Just going to start shipping diff. I will try to go to my other post office in diff area see if better luck.

Like said lesson learned

Yeah .. what other's have stated: put an order in for the 1092 and 1095 - 1 slab properly protected in this double box configuration will be exactly 2.0lbs (possibly a bit less) and the rate will be less than the flat rate box. A second slab will increase the weight and in some cases it will still be cheaper to ship this way than with the flat rate.

I can typically ship a slab to a boardie with insurance for cheaper than the flat rate w/out insurance and it is protected better.

FWIW, in case you think he's BSing, twice now I've ordered those 1092 boxes from USPS and mine never showed up either. (shrug)

dang. My last order took 10 days to get to me. Have not been screwed on an order yet but it is USPS and that could happen at any moment.

Yeah thats the problem I have and they never ever show up and to top it off the post master just like well try again. Never a good answer. Just going to start shipping diff. I will try to go to my other post office in diff area see if better luck.

Like said lesson learned

Hey man, if you can't get these up there, tell me what boxes you want and how many and I will order them for you and you can pick them up at the Phoenix show. If you need them sooner, my parents live in Show Low and I may be able to arrange for them to bring them up.

Like said lesson learned

Hey man, if you can't get these up there, tell me what boxes you want and how many and I will order them for you and you can pick them up at the Phoenix show. If you need them sooner, my parents live in Show Low and I may be able to arrange for them to bring them up.

I just reordered some and spoke with a few other postal people. I will let you know either way thanks. But I do plan on stopping by booth too.

Yeah .. what other's have stated: put an order in for the 1092 and 1095 - 1 slab properly protected in this double box configuration will be exactly 2.0lbs

What's your 1092/1095 technique exactly?

I haven't tried double boxing, but my idea of it would be something along the lines of: bubble wrap the slab, place in 1092, add cushioning to 1095, place 1092 in 1095, add extra cushioning to 1095 and seal.

Jeremy,

I think that your local Post Office has a dumb employee. I just got a box from you and it looks exactly like the picture of the box you posted. My book arrived safely, but it looks like someone sat on the box.

Yeah .. what other's have stated: put an order in for the 1092 and 1095 - 1 slab properly protected in this double box configuration will be exactly 2.0lbs

What's your 1092/1095 technique exactly?

I haven't tried double boxing, but my idea of it would be something along the lines of: bubble wrap the slab, place in 1092, add cushioning to 1095, place 1092 in 1095, add extra cushioning to 1095 and seal.

Maybe I should make a Youtube tutorial and everyone can watch how to properly pack a box??

:idea: