• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Batman Adventures 12. Harley!
3 3

1,579 posts in this topic

"A fool and his money are lucky enough to get together in the first place."

-Gordon Gekko (Wall Street)

I love that quote. lol

It won't turn out to be accurate in this case, though. Harley's rise in popularity has been building for a while. She'll be a key hobby fixture for years. When you look at BA 12 print and supply numbers, and use NM 98 as a measuring stick, you realize there may even be more room to run for 9.8s.

Five years out, $1500 for a BA 12 in 9.8 may seem cheap.

Right. "This time will be different." :baiting: *yawn*

-J.

How many you got? :baiting::hi:

I love that quote. lol

It won't turn out to be accurate in this case, though. Harley's rise in popularity has been building for a while. She'll be a key hobby fixture for years. When you look at BA 12 print and supply numbers, and use NM 98 as a measuring stick, you realize there may even be more room to run for 9.8s.

-J.

I'm betting much less than you. lol:whistle:

-J.

I love that quote. lol

-J.

I'm betting much less than you. lol:whistle:

-J.

We'll stock up after the movie. When the price drops naturally. meh

I love that quote. lol

-J.

No. It'll be the same.

The same as other characters who've become leading players in the hobby and seen the values of their first appearances rise. Think Wolverine circa 1980, Punisher circa 1986, Deadpool over the past few years ... and now Harley.

There's a long history of characters becoming hobby favorites to draw from.

I love that quote. lol

-J.

No. It'll be the same.

The same as other characters who've become leading players in the hobby and seen the values of their first appearances rise. Think Wolverine circa 1980, Punisher circa 1986, Deadpool over the past few years ... and now Harley.

Or....more like the same pumped up movie hype, with the same subsequent crash.

The market has changed since Wolverine and the Punisher, and this book is being relentlessly pumped (on these boards) and shilled (on ebay).

These are not the hallmarks of long term viability.

That, and the character is rapidly becoming over-exposed.

-J.

Harley was already popular and heating up prior to movie announcement, shes a DC favorite, and without a doubt the modern DC powerhouse character. The movie announcement just pushed her a bit more. I dont think the SS movie will do harley justice, im waiting for the batman movie, that one will send her through the roof if done right.....or if it ever happens.

I dont like the value rise only because i want more copies. Harley will always stay in demand and will keep climbing even after the SS movie.

"That, and the character is rapidly becoming over-exposed.

-J."

Becoming, or already is...? haha

Deadpool has her beat in the overexposed department, but I think he's the only one.

Edited by vikingreed

I got a solution, one of you shoukd auction a 9.8 BA 12 here, selling forum, start at .99 amd watxh how high...or low... she can go.

Itll be interesting.

Shoukd be more entertaining than the colts/bengals game.

:baiting:

I love that quote. lol

-J.

No. It'll be the same.

The market has changed since Wolverine and the Punisher, and this book is being relentlessly pumped (on these boards) and shilled (on ebay).

These are not the hallmarks of long term viability.

That, and the character is rapidly becoming over-exposed.

-J.

Look, I don't make it a point to play the guessing game in comics. Not with this market or economy of the world. On the long list of "need shelter, food, clothing..." comics are way down on the list.

Having said that, not sure what your beef is with Harley Jay. You act like this book isn't 22 yrs old now. This book isn't "Manifest Destiny", or "The Strain" or anything else that has hyped in the last year or several for that fact. I'm not stating the unreasonable rise in price is good for the book, but it certainly won't come "crashing down" to $200 in 9.8. EVER.

Harley is the most popular character with women, and a lot of men. She's the most popular in cosplay, and every women I know that is into comics wants one of these. The new generation would rather have this book than any Golden Age book or even SA/BA. They aren't screaming for "CATMAN" or anything else, but for Harley.

All this and the last 2 series of her books have absolutely SUCKED. Now let's imagine a world where a Frank Miller type writer actually starts writing her series, and it's GOOD. Even GREAT.

Imagine where this book would go then.

I'm not defending this high rise. But I certainly see a lot worse places for the younger peeps to park their money than in this book.

-J."

Deadpool has her beat in the overexposed department, but I think he's the only one.

Deadpool is way overexposed too. Marvel has beaten that variant horse to death. NM 98 went from a $450 book to a $1000 book and everybody went nuts then too. Now it's back down to about a $750 book, with sales as low as $675 recently. That would mean only about a $250 movie bump after all is said and done.

Expect about the same, give or take, with BA 12.

-J.

I got a solution, one of you shoukd auction a 9.8 BA 12 here, selling forum, start at .99 amd watxh how high...or low... she can go.

Itll be interesting.

Shoukd be more entertaining than the colts/bengals game.

:baiting:

lol

I wish I had one. I was too dumb to buy copies two years ago, when it was obvious that Harley was building a huge amount of momentum. :facepalm:

-J."

Deadpool is way overexposed too. Marvel has beaten that variant horse to death. NM 98 went from a $450 book to a $1000 book and everybody went nuts then too. Now it's back down to about a $750 book, with sales as low as $675 recently. That would mean only about a $250 movie bump after all is said and done.

-J.

Keep in mind that theres A LOT more NM98 9.8s than BA 12s in 9.8

Which will be the big difference between these two books, both are currently the hottest comic characters but for rarity alone, i think BA12 will always sell for more than NM98s.

-J."

Everything with any fan interest is overexposed. How many Avengers titles are there? Batman?

Hell, Silk gets her own series based on initial fan interest, according to Dan Slott.

The question going forward is: How much more Harley exposure will there be, and what will be the effect on the character? How long to oversaturate? The answer may be: longer than you think. It took Marvel years and years to water down the X-Men, Wolverine and The Punisher.

I love that quote. lol

-J.

No. It'll be the same.

-J."

-J.

Which will be the big difference between these two books, both are currently the hottest comic characters but for rarity alone, i think BA12 will always sell for more than NM98s.

I agree. But the only thing that has changed the dynamic in the last six weeks was the announcement of a movie appearance.

And movie hype is always fleeting thing.

-J.

-J."

-J.

Yeah, great point.

I also think Deadpool is way more popular to the comic fans who actually collect comics. I may be wrong...

Both are obviously over the top popular to cos-players.

-J."

-J.

I agree. But the only thing that has changed the dynamic in the last six weeks was the announcement of a movie appearance.

And movie hype is always fleeting thing.

-J.

This is true. It has created a spike above the longer term price trend.