• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Batman Adventures 12. Harley!
3 3

1,579 posts in this topic

Looking at other movie related books, there is a lull after the movie comes out where prices may pull back, plateau, or continue to increase. There is no rule.

My guess is that this book will plateau after the movie and pull back/correct a bit. However, if they do a solo flick following that then it may continue to go up. This book is like NM #98 - plenty of HG copies floating around but demand that outstrips the abundant supply.

Comparing HG copies of NM 98 ( 3,275 in 9.6 or higher ) too HG copies of BA12 ( 559 in 9.6 or higher) makes about as much sense as having this thread moved too modern.

Looking at other movie related books, there is a lull after the movie comes out where prices may pull back, plateau, or continue to increase. There is no rule.

My guess is that this book will plateau after the movie and pull back/correct a bit. However, if they do a solo flick following that then it may continue to go up. This book is like NM #98 - plenty of HG copies floating around but demand that outstrips the abundant supply.

Comparing HG copies of NM 98 ( 3,275 in 9.6 or higher ) too HG copies of BA12 ( 559 in 9.6 or higher) makes about as much sense as having this thread moved too modern.

I think his point was simply that neither is "rare" in high grade.

And he's right.

-J.

I think his point was simply that neither is "rare" in high grade.

And he's right.

-J.

Exactly. You can use Hulk #181 as an example as well - plentiful in HG (and any other grade) but demand keeps the price high and slowly rising........

I think with the announcement of Viola Davis being in final contractual stages for signing on for a 5 movie deal to reprise her role as Amanda Waller, in 5 movies beyond the introductory Suicide Squad film, we are looking at a considerable push towards a new franchise of movies based on the Suicide Squad.

That said, I do not think that BA 12 will experience a lull after the Suicide Squad movie is released in 2016.

Also, there are considerably more HG copies of NM 98 than BA 12 so that is another reason the book will not experience a drop in value.

Re: NM 98, prices have dropped a bit since the Deadpool movie announcement was made but it'll pick back up to moving briskly at over a g-ball in 9.8, once the movie gets closer.

My point was that there are plenty of HG BA #12s, like NM #98, and that since demand is greater than the plentiful supply the prices will remain high.

That being said, there is usually a dip in prices after the initial "movie announced" spike, a lull while movie is produced, then a run up even higher closer to the movie, then a plateau or pull back during the post-movie lull. It is a pattern that has been playing out with Silver and Bronze keys for years now and I expect that BA #12 will do the same. The thing to focus on, though, is that the books keep rising to higher lows and highs over time.

If I had to choose between Copper and Modern, I'd choose Modern for this issue. But that's just because any books from the 90s don't really feel like Copper to me having grown up in the 80s as a kid collector.

Of course, as the years continue to go by with no change away from the "Modern" designation, we're now seeing this current age lasting for 20-25 years and counting, which also seems way too long. To that end, the 90s now seem to be in this limbo stage of post-Copper (or pre-Modern).

I wish industry leaders like Overstreet and CGC would come together with a mutual understanding, to take charge of the situation, and officially begin labeling the 90s as the Chromium Age or some such. Put an end to the debate, and finally evolve the industry into the current age better.