• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Batman Adventures 12. Harley!
3 3

1,579 posts in this topic

Why do you consider it an appearance?

You don't need to be in the narrative to appear.

It's funny how people view appearances like these. Most of you guys seem to see it as insignificant. I see the opposite. It's an appearance the goes under the radar until it's uncovered by an enthusiastic collector. I understand most collectors want the flashy cover done by the hot artist and that's all well and good but one of the reasons I collect Harley appearances ( and early Deadpool appearances ) is because they are hard to find. Even BA 12 was unknown to collectors for some time despite the fact that she's on the cover. This particular issue is similar to Batman and Robin Adventures 1 where Harley appears on a poster on the cover. Both issues are early appearances that I would want to own.

Fair enough. You should collect how and what you want to. My personal opinion is that 'appearances' are within the narrative.

It's funny how people view appearances like these. Most of you guys seem to see it as insignificant. I see the opposite. It's an appearance the goes under the radar until it's uncovered by an enthusiastic collector. I understand most collectors want the flashy cover done by the hot artist and that's all well and good but one of the reasons I collect Harley appearances ( and early Deadpool appearances ) is because they are hard to find. Even BA 12 was unknown to collectors for some time despite the fact that she's on the cover. This particular issue is similar to Batman and Robin Adventures 1 where Harley appears on a poster on the cover. Both issues are early appearances that I would want to own.

Fair enough. You should collect how and what you want to. My personal opinion is that 'appearances' are within the narrative.

so in your opinion, Gobbledygook 1 should not be considered a first app of TMNT?

so in your opinion, Gobbledygook 1 should not be considered a first app of TMNT?

Absolutely. A perfect example. :sumo:;)

I wouldn't say "should not". I don't. Some people do. All good. :)

This is all academic since if you want her actual first appearance you will need to download a gif from the cartoon and store it on your computer. :tonofbricks:

-J.

This is all academic since if you want her actual first appearance you will need to download a gif from the cartoon and store it on your computer. :tonofbricks:

-J.

Better not try and sell that gif on Ebay :)

Took a peek at the most recent ebay sales for BA 12. MyComicShop just sold a CGC 9.0 for $282.... :blush:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Batman-Adventures-1992-1st-Series-12-CGC-9-0-1176213005-/360902960174?pt=US_Comic_Books&hash=item54077e242e

I think it's quite well established at this point that it is not a turtles appearance. It has an ad for turtles 1. That's it.

Batman 1 (Norway)

Batman 1 (Finland)

Batman Magazine 7 (France)

Las Aventuras de Batman 12 (Argentina)

20140615_123005_zpsa5185a20.jpg

Where do you manage to find all these awesome books???

I join forums in all these countries and become friends with collectors that find them and sometimes give to me for free.

The Finland edition was a gift.

Well they're awesome, nicely done! I'm currently in China for work, and have been trying my hardest to find any comics at all. No such luck, everyone knows who Superman and Spider-Man are, but as soon as I say comic, they get all ???

But then the city I'm in apparently doesn't even have any bookstores, so I guess that may be why.

Well they're awesome, nicely done! I'm currently in China for work, and have been trying my hardest to find any comics at all. No such luck, everyone knows who Superman and Spider-Man are, but as soon as I say comic, they get all ???

But then the city I'm in apparently doesn't even have any bookstores, so I guess that may be why.

I don't know if China ever published any DC or Marvel. Japan did I have some rare Spiderman, Superman, and ironically enough Captain America...