• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Batman Adventures 12. Harley!
3 3

1,579 posts in this topic

I know the seller, I'm going to ask and see if he actually got paid. As far as I'm concerned he has 2 copies.

Glad i got my 9.8 LONG ago.

Did noticed 2 new listings though, one from MCS at 2485 and another listed at 2295 with best offer.....yet the one listed at 1875 still hasn't sold. hm

Yeah I see that, who would pay 125 more for something if they don't have to. Saying that though a fellow boardie had another book up to find out a 7 year old kid hit the buy it now button lol.

If this books stays at 2K, I will live my life without one.

And if it does, grats to the 9.8 owners out there.

I missed the boat on this one as well. Had the chance to buy a stated NM+ copy early last year for $350 but passed on it. doh! I might get a low grade copy later down the road if prices ever fall.

Be patient and you will get your chance again via collections or LCSs pulling them out and pricing them at OSPG. There are still plenty of copies in the wild.

Margot Robbie signed for a 10 year multi-picture deal. So it might be a while before prices cool back down.

Harley Quinn has been featured in alternative media before. And multiple Guardians movies on the docket didn't stop those books from tanking. Nor did it stop TMNT #1 from correcting significantly. There's no reason to expect anything different here even if the movie is successful and/or isn't an overly bloated mess.

This time won't be different.

-J.

Margot Robbie signed for a 10 year multi-picture deal. So it might be a while before prices cool back down.

Harley Quinn has been featured in alternative media before. And multiple Guardians movies on the docket didn't stop those books from tanking. Nor did it stop TMNT #1 from correcting significantly. There's no reason to expect anything different here even if the movie is successful and/or isn't an overly bloated mess.

-J.

Not every book tanks after the (first) movie. Harley doesn't equal Groot, or Turtles. Not to mention we don't know how much higher it will go before it does start to fall.

Edit, whoops I guess Groot isn't doing that bad afterall.

Edited by Rip

-J.

Not every book tanks after the (first) movie. Harley doesn't equal Groot, or Turtles.

Since shillers and speculators are what are largely driving the price of this book as they did the Guardians books (ie, market manipulation), history is not on her side. And yes, even TTA 13 is off from prior movie hype highs .

-J.

-J.

Not every book tanks after the (first) movie. Harley doesn't equal Groot, or Turtles.

Since shillers and speculators are what are largely driving the price of this book as they did the Guardians books (ie, market manipulation), history is not on her side.

-J.

You mean the entire crazy market right now? Hard to say where it will end. :insane:

-J.

Since shillers and speculators are what are largely driving the price of this book as they did the Guardians books (ie, market manipulation), history is not on her side.

-J.

You mean the entire crazy market right now? Hard to say where it will end. :insane:

It's even hitting GA books now. doh! I think that either means we are nearing the end of something or are at the beginning of something new. I just haven't figured out which one it is yet. lol

-J.

-J.

-J.

It's even hitting GA books now. doh! I think that either means we are nearing the end of something or are at the beginning of something new. I just haven't figured out which one it is yet. lol

-J.

I know what you mean, everything is spiking of late. I know it's a really long shot of me to say but do you think the sale of the Action comics #1 for 3 mill is what stirred up the market?

-J.

Since shillers and speculators are what are largely driving the price of this book as they did the Guardians books (ie, market manipulation), history is not on her side. And yes, even TTA 13 is off from prior movie hype highs .

-J.

It amazes me that you live in a fantasy world . . . you just make stuff up to fit your needs. lol

I know it's a really long shot of me to say but do you think the sale of the Action comics #1 for 3 mill is what stirred up the market?

It certainly didn't hurt. :grin:

It is more due to an increased number of people chasing keys now due to the movie/TV effect. Over the past two years I have noticed an influx of new buyers ranging from 1) young collectors in their teens buying back issues, 2) a ton of new female readers/collectors, and 3) a large cohort of people that are in their 30s that stopped collecting in the 90s and have more disposable income to collect again (school done, good job now, etc.).

One trend that has been accelerating in the hobby for a while now is the focus on keys rather than completing runs. The shift will only accelerate over time similar to what we have seen in other hobbies.

That being said, Harley has been the top selling back issue character for me for the past couple of years. Deadpool is a distant second.

-J.

-J.

It amazes me that you live in a fantasy world . . . you just make stuff up to fit your needs. lol

And it amazes me that, even with your vast quantities of posts, how little substance there actually is to anything you say. (thumbs u

-J.

It is more due to an increased number of people chasing keys now due to the movie/TV effect. Over the past two years I have noticed an influx of new buyers ranging from 1) young collectors in their teens buying back issues, 2) a ton of new female readers/collectors, and 3) a large cohort of people that are in their 30s that stopped collecting in the 90s and have more disposable income to collect again (school done, good job now, etc.).

One trend that has been accelerating in the hobby for a while now is the focus on keys rather than completing runs. The shift will only accelerate over time similar to what we have seen in other hobbies.

That being said, Harley has been the top selling back issue character for me for the past couple of years. Deadpool is a distant second.

Yep she's huge here also, and its not just movie related. Harley is a Phenomena. She's by far the most popular modern age superhero, aside from TWD. Deadpool doesn't come close.

Edited by Rip

Yep she's huge here also, and its not just movie related. Harley is a Phenomena. She's by far the most popular modern age superhero, aside from TWD. Deadpool doesn't come close.

It was the announcement of the movie appearance, however, that triggered the "price spike".

-J.

It was the announcement of the movie appearance, however, that triggered the "price spike".

-J.

Prior to any knowing of a movie, it was almost obvious that DC would use the character in some way shape or form. Inevitable I tell ya. We were gonna get there one way or another. They can scrap the Suicide Squad movie and I doubt it will change a damn thing. Expect more though. Expect DC to use Harley smart and with patient strategy. My suggestion is MADLOVE CGC 9.8, there are under 100 copies in 9.8 on the census, a black cover and prettyy much the best ever Harley story. I can see this book has the most potential. Dont be caught without one when DC anounces the Madlove movie :makepoint: