• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Batman Adventures 12. Harley!
3 3

1,579 posts in this topic

I got myself a BA 12 today. So I have joined the club. It is likely 8.0-8.5 and I have not yet decided what to do with it. I have never contemplated clean and press until now! Anyway, I will likely scan and ask questions soon enough, but wanted to mention my find.

Now back to that other thing...

So...... scans?

hell the guy even insulted my sig at one point... saying why don't i get some "big boy books" because mine weren't in the price range of a down payment on a new car or anything to that nature.

Did he actually do that? If yes, that is a douchey move.

It does not matter what type of grail book a collector has, the important thing is that they have a collecting goal in mind and achieve it. (thumbs u

Yep I said it. Guy had it coming too. He was being condescending and making attempted personal attacks because I dared to question the long term staying power and viability of what-if Gwen at the height of the hype and hysterics. Sound familiar ? lol

And I actually agree with you about each collector and his goals. There was a caveat on my statement to him where I also said I liked his books. Dude was just out of line at the time, and I'm not sure what relevance any of it has in this thread.

-J.

Who are you to say i had it coming ??? You have it coming everytime you post in any thread with majority of comments i see you posting... thats why people are complaining about you in this thread right ??

I got myself a BA 12 today. So I have joined the club. It is likely 8.0-8.5 and I have not yet decided what to do with it. I have never contemplated clean and press until now! Anyway, I will likely scan and ask questions soon enough, but wanted to mention my find.

I wish you had told me you picked up a BA 12 at the show, I'd have given you the green light to stack up as many books off my table that you can hold in your arms....and a few of my wall books, as well.And I do not mean that facetiously, in the slightest way.

I actually printed out sign on Friday night before packing up, indicating I am looking for Bat Adv 12 in any grade, raw or slabbed....had it with me at the show but I passed on putting it up on my wall, because I decided it would be a bit of a corny thing to do :sorry:

If you decide later that you want to sell or trade it, I'll be set up at Eternal Con ;)

I wish you had told me you picked up a BA 12 at the show, I'd have given you the green light to stack up as many books off my table that you can hold in your arms....and a few of my wall books, as well.And I do not mean that facetiously, in the slightest way.

I actually printed out sign on Friday night before packing up, indicating I am looking for Bat Adv 12 in any grade, raw or slabbed....had it with me at the show but I passed on putting it up on my wall, because I decided it would be a bit of a corny thing to do :sorry:

If you decide later that you want to sell or trade it, I'll be set up at Eternal Con ;)

It is a bad BA12, so I wouldn't get too excited! I guess it is a bad one as much as a BA12 can be bad, but it needs some TLC if that is even possible.

I am going to take my 9.8 and price it at $2500, or maybe even $3000, this weekend at the Calgary Expo. It will be interesting to see if there are any serious buyers at that price.

I am going to take my 9.8 and price it at $2500, or maybe even $3000, this weekend at the Calgary Expo. It will be interesting to see if there are any serious buyers at that price.
dont go giving it away for 2k (tsk)

My thoughts exactly! lol

I might as well put up my BA Ann 1 and Mad Love in 9.8 as well and see what happens.

Edited by kimik

Interesting?I think not.

I can crystal ball that for you....you price the book at $500 or a $1000 more of the highest recorded sale for BA 12 in 9.8 and......it won't sell.

I'd also be inclined to think that if someone sees a yellow post-it that reads "$2500" or more on a BA 12, you will drive away potential customers who would assume that the rest of your prices are also well above current norms.

Interesting?I think not.

I can crystal ball that for you....you price the book at $500 or a $1000 more of the highest recorded sale for BA 12 in 9.8 and......it won't sell.

I'd also be inclined to think that if someone sees a yellow post-it that reads "$2500" or more on a BA 12, you will drive away potential customers who would assume that the rest of your prices are also well above current norms.

I think it will sell AND will only attract more buyers. :grin:

Interesting?I think not.

Not sure why you'd think it would attract more buyers... When I am at a show I don't talk about how high a dealer is on a book with others. Usless someone i am with is looking for 1, I will probably forget it after I leave his booth.

Interesting?I think not.

Not sure why you'd think it would attract more buyers... When I am at a show I don't talk about how high a dealer is on a book with others. Usless someone i am with is looking for 1, I will probably forget it after I leave his booth.

I definitely wouldn't advertise the price. I know I would walk away laughing and wouldn't even look at the rest of the books.

What's the print run? I had someone claim it's 12k today.
Jeff; I have heard about 18,000 I think RMA or someone had some facts on its print run . I do remember thinking that it was LOW ...

Thanks!

It depends on the size of the convention as well. If I have nothing else to do then I may strike up a conversation about the price. The booth as a whole would just fall down my priority list. I just had a guy on kijiji tell me he wanted $1,200 for his raw. I laughed and explained where his pricing was.

Or, if it's the only slabbed 9.8 at the show . . . . it just may sell. What's the rush? It's not like the price is going to come down anytime soon. :grin: For every 10 of you that thinks it's ludicrous, there may be one of you who wants it NOW. That's how new price records are made. :cloud9: