• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Batman Adventures 12. Harley!
3 3

1,579 posts in this topic

So if people really believe this is a $2k book now the ones sitting for weeks on the market for hundreds of dollars less should look like a raging deal and be snapped overnight then, right ? And the other copies that have now appeared on ebay for $2k should all be getting scores of watchers and offers, if not full BIN pops also, right? (shrug)

-J.

Not sure if its a 2K frequent selling book yet, but based on this thread its best to keep watching and not listen to your 6+ months of Harley hate in this thread.

For what its worth, it's done far better than I thought also.

Edited by Rip

The $1999.99 book was mine, 100% legit... Mailed it out today, I have 5000 more feedback than the guy selling the $1800 9.8, Maybe that's what did it? I know if I were spending that kind of money it might make a difference.

Well a big congratulations goes out to you for setting the new benchmark. Hooray for this guy. As a 2x 9.8 owner I thank you. Haha

I think a lot of factors come into play... how it is listed... Sellers feedback... etc... sometimes my stuff sells less then what the market is selling mostly I think bc the way I present my listings... Im lazy in that sense..

The $1999.99 book was mine, 100% legit... Mailed it out today, I have 5000 more feedback than the guy selling the $1800 9.8, Maybe that's what did it? I know if I were spending that kind of money it might make a difference.

Well a big congratulations goes out to you for setting the new benchmark. Hooray for this guy. As a 2x 9.8 owner I thank you. Haha

I think a lot of factors come into play... how it is listed... Sellers feedback... etc... sometimes my stuff sells less then what the market is selling mostly I think bc the way I present my listings... Im lazy in that sense..

I know how you feel. I'm super lazy with my listings. I sold a book for 3500 the following week one sold for 4100 kinda stung a little.

2 for one , YES

Dang! Thats a nice trade, someone needs to step up and give this guy his 9.8.

BTW, that previous 9.8 sale was legit.

hm Sure. Why pay $1,400 or less somewhere else when you can pay $2,000 on ebay?

-J.

Ebay is the place most people look at for comics online.

If you got a lead for one at 1400 sens it my way...i may pull the trigger on it.

So someone thought it better to pay $2k for one with another copy for $1800 right below it ? Which is still unsold by the way. As is the one for $1650 on comiclink.

This is not a $2k book. There is market resistance even at $1400. Shills notwithstanding.

-J.

Well, believe what you want but a boardie just sold a copy for $1999....and he posted that he was paid for the book....so, it IS a $2K book.

I was pissed at myself for not holding out for $1500 last month on my CGC 9.8...sold it for $1400 cash at the Big Apple Con...also threw in a VG-ish raw French edition of # 12, as well.

I knew the guy would have paid $1500, I just didn't handle the sale all that well.Even at $1500, it is still a good deal, ...I am sure he'll get 2K for the 9.8 I sold him.Hell, my 9.8 was nicer than other 9.8's I have seen.

I know how you feel. I'm super lazy with my listings. I sold a book for 3500 the following week one sold for 4100 kinda stung a little.

how about when I sold my SW 1 9.8 for 1100 the next week it was in the 1800s recently 2k... thats a lot of possible Cerebus money down the drain

Not really hard to understand. Seller has high feedback. Bidder trusts the seller and paid the Piper. Seems like someone is upset he missed out on a NOW $2000 book.

Anyway, anyone seriously wanna trade 2 for 1 , let's do this.

So if people really believe this is a $2k book now the ones sitting for weeks on the market for hundreds of dollars less should look like a raging deal and be snapped overnight then, right ? And the other copies that have now appeared on ebay for $2k should all be getting scores of watchers and offers, if not full BIN pops also, right? (shrug)

-J.

Not sure if its a 2K frequent selling book yet, but based on this thread its best to keep watching and not listen to your 6+ months of Harley hate in this thread.

For what its worth, it's done far better than I thought also.

Pointing out obvious sale anomalies on a book equals "hate"? I do that all the time. I guess I "hate" many books I also own. lol(shrug)

Yes, keep watching indeed..... :whistle:

-J.

Well then sounds like you should show us more books with "sale anomalies".

In other news I hear Bizarro World needs a weather forcaster. :baiting:

Edited by Rip

Is there any hot book thread that you don't feel the need to dump on? I have to wade through your constant negativity and naysaying in basically every one.

Take a deep breath and go for a walk in the sunshine man.

Is there any hot book thread that you don't feel the need to dump on? I have to wade through your constant negativity and naysaying in basically every one.

I am not going to look, but my guess is that he is not a naysayer in threads for books that he owns. lol

I am not going to look, but my guess is that he is not a naysayer in threads for books that he owns. lol

Then you'd guess wrong. For the zillionth time: I don't "hate" books. I hate shills and blatant market manipulation. It creates needless volatility for individual books and is just plain bad for the hobby. (thumbs u

-J.

:applause: A voice of reason and good taste. :sumo:

:hi:

Well then sounds like you should show us more books with "sale anomalies".

If you have one or two in mind feel free to PM me. I do take requests. ;)

-J.

Amazing Fantasy 15 and Incredible Hulk 1....

I wonder what a 9.8 SS would go for

theres only 11.... maybe 10k... heheh

I drove 2 hrs to Buena Park to get mine...

:lol:

Once the census has been updated for Emerald City, that number is going to double.