• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CGC booth at Wizard World St. Louis bad customer service

232 posts in this topic

On Friday I went to the CGC booth at WW St. Louis in hopes of submitting some Modern books.

I had all my paperwork filled out and was greeted by the usual friendly faces I've come to known. Two different employees sorted and double checked my my invoices and professionally packed them away.

Later in the day I submitted another 20 books I found at the show. Again, the employees were helpful and cordial.

truestorybro_zps5a70eb84.jpg

So this must mean nobody else has had a challenging experience from which CGC can hear of and learn from. It just must!

:cloud9:

I never said otherwise. Just my experience for the day.

And one of of the CGC employees was called a "B**ch" over the weekend by a would be customer, again, when they were told they had to have a witness BEFORE they got their books signed.

People are people.

truestorybro_zps5a70eb84.jpg

And one of of the CGC employees was called a "B**ch" over the weekend by a would be customer, again, when they were told they had to have a witness BEFORE they got their books signed.

Ouch!

The whole 'they have to witness the signature' thing is kind of ridiculous.

How can PSA determine signature authenticity and CGC can't? Give me a break. Hire an autograph expert.

This also hurts the legitimacy of vintage signatures.

How can PSA determine signature authenticity and CGC can't? Give me a break. Hire an autograph expert.

Are "autograph experts" ever wrong?

Seems like someone's post just disappeared

POOF

Stop deleting your own posts John.

Good god.

24/7

I'm sure they are. But having a random CGC person as a 'witness' isn't 100% foolproof either. Doesn't CGC even allow 3rd party facilitators to be their own witnesses?

I'm sure they are. But having a random CGC person as a 'witness' isn't 100% foolproof either. Doesn't CGC even give allow 3rd party facilitators to be their own witnesses?

:facepalm:

Greeting a customer at the start of a transaction and thanking them at the end is honestly a no-brainer. It should be a natural as breathing. Its the difference between a salesman and a clerk.

I'm sure they are. But having a random CGC person as a 'witness' isn't 100% foolproof either. Doesn't CGC even give allow 3rd party facilitators to be their own witnesses?

lol

You don't have to worry. I don't collect autographs and never will. But the idea that every signature that isn't CGC witnessed is 'writing' and downgrades a book is self serving and - in my opinion - silly.

" A customer is the most important visitor on our premises. .....He is not an interruption of our work. He is the purpose of it.....We are not doing him a favor by serving him. He is doing us a favor by allowing us the chance to serve him."'

Mahatma Ghandi, 1890

Customer service in the US is miles ahead of what I have experienced in Europe.

And then some ! lol

Which is still heads and shoulders above most of Asia.

Seriously, it's not just a matter of a bad day--sometimes it's a bad minute. You have no idea what the CGC person just had to deal with. May have been a really difficult or insulting customer and the OP simply received the best they could muster. Your skin needs to be thicker.

" A customer is the most important visitor on our premises. .....He is not an interruption of our work. He is the purpose of it.....We are not doing him a favor by serving him. He is doing us a favor by allowing us the chance to serve him."'

Mahatma Ghandi, 1890

What was he selling?

Mahatma Ghandi, 1890

What was he selling?

Naan violence?

Customer service in the US is miles ahead of what I have experienced in Europe.

And then some ! lol

Yeah, ask Joey about the person he asked for directions to our hotel in London.
Well, Joey is Italian. Not many Europeans are fond of his kind. :insane:

Jealousy. :sumo:

Most Italians are known to have excellent customer service skills. It's a scientific fact.

lol really?

Stop getting in my way when I'm trying to butter the buscuit :sumo:

Mahatma Ghandi, 1890

What was he selling?

I believe he was establishing his law practice in London at the time of this quote.

lol

You don't have to worry. I don't collect autographs and never will. But the idea that every signature that isn't CGC witnessed is 'writing' and downgrades a book is self serving and - in my opinion - silly.

agreed

lol

agreed

I do think it is unfortunate for all the books signed before the creation of CGC.

At the same time, it really brings an authenticity to the industry.

lol

You don't have to worry. I don't collect autographs and never will.

You have such strong opinions and you made such broad statements about what would fix something that you've never done and don't ever want to do....you're perfect for this place. lol