• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Has anyone ever seen a fight at a Con

244 posts in this topic

I was shoved out of the way by some pimple-faced punk at the LA Monthly Con back in late 2012...I already posted the pertinent details when that happened...

CAL who would have gone to jail...

You got beat up by a tween. lol

if i ever find time to make it up to a con in the north east. i may stir up a little action. i made a p imp slap promise and have full intention of keeping it.

Oh, do tell.

When Motor City offered to buy my raw ASM#39 at Bmore a few years back and told me it might grade an 8.0 I felt like punching them in the face. :D

Graded out at 9.2

You sure it wasn't an ASM #39 that they had that labeled as NM-, that graded out as an 8.0? :makepoint:

When Motor City offered to buy my raw ASM#39 at Bmore a few years back and told me it might grade an 8.0 I felt like punching them in the face. :D

Graded out at 9.2

You sure it wasn't an ASM #39 that they had that labeled as NM-, that graded out as an 8.0? :makepoint:

lol No. I don't even waste my time looking at what they're selling anymore.

CLosest thing I saw to a fight was a comic vendor grabbing a guy he thought had stolen something from him. Turned out the guy hadn't stolen anything - this was at SDCC last year. I thought it was going to turn into a brawl so I made sure I had a good viewing spot - no such luck. Too many puzzies at these shows.

Outside of that, I was pretty sure I was being eyed for a street robbery by two dirtballs in Seattle a couple of years ago. This was way outside the con downtown Seattle at about two in the morning.

I still want to see some boardie wars one on one at a con. :sumo:

CLosest thing I saw to a fight was a comic vendor grabbing a guy he thought had stolen something from him. Turned out the guy hadn't stolen anything - this was at SDCC last year. I thought it was going to turn into a brawl so I made sure I had a good viewing spot - no such luck. Too many puzzies at these shows.

Outside of that, I was pretty sure I was being eyed for a street robbery by two dirtballs in Seattle a couple of years ago. This was way outside the con downtown Seattle at about two in the morning.

I still want to see some boardie wars one on one at a con. :sumo:

Really? Careful what you wish for. With the amount of whack jobs out there and how these cons allow anyone to walk in with guns....and not really check if it's a fake gun....I think instigating violence is a bit immature.

I hope nothing like that happens among boardies or con goers. it should be a cool place to go with your kids and not have to see two insufficiently_thoughtful_persons duking it out over what was said on an internet chat room

Didn't Hulk get a strike for promising to kick Braggys head in at the next Con braggy attends?