• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What comic book films would you like to see made?
2 2

150 posts in this topic

It has been mentioned in a previous thread that many people would like to see a Fantastic Four film based on FF 48-50. It sure would be cool to see that kind of cosmic epic with the Surfer and Galactus.

I personally, would love to see Marvel get a Thor film made. What with the successs of the Lord Of The Rings, I think a film based on Thor's Asgardian Mythology would do really well. With Loki as the main villain, and maybe the Executioner and the Enchantress also appearing.

What films would the rest of you like to see?

I'd like to see a Justice League movie, but I don't think that'll happen until they have made more Batman and Superman movies.

I also think it would be kinda cool having a "World's Finest" type movie with only Batman and Superman in it.

Also, there will come a time when Smallville will end, and a movie about Clark donning the Superman costume for the first time would be kinda cool. Could lead into a whole string of Superman movies, just like Star Trek.

Jon Sable, Freelance

Dreadstar

Ronin

Sojourn

Vampirella (something better than that low budget version from the mid-90s)

American Century

Sgt. Fury and his Howling Commandos

Tomb of Dracula

Hmmm...a very low "spandex quotient" here. I guess I'd rather get my super-hero fix from comics than movies.

Gene

Justice League, that's a great idea!! IMO, a newly updated Superman moivie is loooong past due. The old movie is great, but technically it's dated by today's standards. Probably the older folks could "get by" without an update, and to them nothing will ever surpass Christopher Reeves performance, but for a new generation of Superman fans, I think it should be done faithfully to the post-Crisis version of Superman in the vein of John Byrne's original vision for Superman.

IMO, it's time that Batman be restored to his former movie status (I'm referring to the sucess of the 1989 movie).

I'm keeping my fingers crossed with the upcoming HULK movie. I'm looking forward to the CG, because it should make the movie appear seemless.

I would like to see a well done Iron Man movie. IMO, ol' shellhead is one of the most realistic Super-Heroes of them all. Tony Stark doesn't have any superpowers, all his power comes from the suit he invented. Iron Man can be an interesting character. I enjoyed reading the "Heroes Reborn" Iron Man books, and IMO, Whilice Portico did Iron Man justice with his highly detailed renderings.

How about a solo Wolverine movie?

Four off the top of my head. And I guarantee you no one on these forums has read all four of these...

Strangers in Paradise... but it would have to be about 9 hours long...

100 Bullets... this has movie written all over it, although it would have to be more than one film.

Lurid... screw 30 Days of Night, this is IDW's best book, period.

Sin City... tell me Marv and Miho don't belong on the big screen...

I think the 1st (ME) Ghost Rider would be a hoot. Also would like to see Moon Knight, Dazzler and The Heap.

Moon Knight, definitely! That character could be tremendous on the big screen.

The Heap...I loved the 1980s revamp of Airboy and think that would make an awesome movie (featuring plenty of Heap, of course). Heck, make it a comic again while you're at it! We need more non-superhero fare these days...

Gene

I know FF 48-50 was already mentioned, but I'd love to see a movie based solely on Silver Surfer. Throw in a high budget and special effects wizards, and the sheer scope of the movie could be tremendous. You could use Galactus, Mephisto or Thanos, it's all good.

While I think Black Panther is a great comic book character..I think a movie regarding him might be a little too.."boring"? There's a lot of stuff regarding his background and his upbringing and of course they'll have to bring all that Africa stuff in..I think if they were to make a movie about Black Panther it would become far too "racially motivated"..and lead to either some boring long winded origins or a lesson-type movie..

However, I think ToD, Sgt Fury, and Ghost Rider would all be excellent movie choices.

Brian

If a Thor movie were to get made, I would be very interested. However, I insist they wait until I finish my Thor collection before pre-movie hype makes the prices unbeareable, ala Daredevil.

After Marvel/Sony does a FF 48-50 Galactus/Surfer/Watcher adaptation film they should do Surfer vs Thor.

How about DC characters? All they have on the immediate horizon appears to be Catwoman w/ Ashley Judd.

Don't forget to list the villians u would like to see on film. e.g. Green Lantern vs Sinestro, FF vs the megalomaniac Dr Doom. smile.gif

When I was younger, I used to like Elfquest. With the animation technology today, I bet they could make a great version of it. I don't know if it would appeal to the masses though. frown.gif

And I'll agree with what a few of you allready mentioned.....a good Thor movie would be great. smile.gif