• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What comic book films would you like to see made?
2 2

150 posts in this topic

I hear what you are saying....

But I think Black Panther is truly one of the deepest characters Marvel has ever turned out. I don't think some racial issues would be bad, either.

if it follwed something similar to the "Enemy of the State" storyline - lots of cool intrigue and political stuff.

Depends on how someone did it - but either EOTS or The Client storylines would most likely keep the "racial stuff" under control.

I would like to see a well done "Captain America" movie (not the that they put out years ago). I think a hard-nosed, patriotic, kick the bad-guys Cap is just what we need right now.

Other choices would be Doctor Strange (special effects could make his powers look awesome on screen). Also, Deadpool one of my favorite characters (kind of a cross between Spidey (wise-cracking) and Wolverine (bad-)).

But I think Black Panther is truly one of the deepest characters Marvel has ever turned out. I don't think some racial issues would be bad, either.

I do agree. Being an older guy - in my 50's, I prefer good storyline, plot development, and talk in films. Too many have almost non-stop action/cgi. I remember reading, for the first time, Silver Surfer #1 from 1968. It was about 1982 and was a major reason for my starting to delve BEFORE the moderns I was collecting. I don't remember the details very well - been too many years since I collected SA - but my memory of it was a rather insightful story dealing with the pull of good and evil, the sentient psyche, and real CHARACTER development. I was pretty amazed by it.

On a bad note - when I was an engineer for Lotus Development working on Lotus 1-2-3 For DOS (anyone remember that program?) I made friends with another comic collector and gave him my then-Fine copy of the '68 Silver Surfer #1. Well, he was really happy to get it and put it in his office, on his desk. The next day - for no reason any of us could ever determine, it was found just outside his office, on a file cabinet, and had been taken through a paper cutter and cut into 4 parts.

I did what I could to restore it for him. Literally the entire book was quartered. Applied Japan paper for the interior page seals. Different combinations for the cover seals. It looked like it was restored (sometimes you cannot do much - like when a book is LITERALLY drawn and quartered) but it DID look "OK" and was stable and readable.

But you know? That was a senseless mutiliation and I would LOVE to have know who did that. But almost 20 years have passed so what to do?

There are so many great characters out there that would be great film, but I think Ghost Rider in the R rating-type would be awesome....there is so much that they could do with that guy !!! -- Course, other honorable mentions would be :

Werewolf by Night

Green Lantern (Neal Adams)

FF

Justice League

Course, a hero is only as good as the villians...FF with Dr. Doom would be really cool and Justice League with Secert Society of Super Villians would be an unbelivable film......and costly !

Other choices would be Doctor Strange

My gawd I don't know why I never thought of Doc Strange. He would be one of the most amazing characters to be transformed to film. Just don't go too nuts on the CGI and get into the character and it would be amazing. Great call!

that really sucks...

Also - I think Master of Kung Fu(NOT played by Jackie Chan or Jet Li - maybe Jason Scott Lee who can actually act) would be awesome. It would literally be like the Kung-Fu James Bond. I think that could actually be better than Black Panther.

(sometimes you cannot do much - like when a book is LITERALLY drawn and quartered)

DRAWN and quartered???

Oh man, I'm on a roll tonight! BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Oh god, the loneliness... the crippling loneliness.......

DRAWN and quartered???

Ok - a begrudging badda bing badda boom on the DRAWN...but man! You could have expressed a modicum of sympathy. But NOOOOOO!!!!!! You have to be the Green Mask and pretend you are TOO TIRED to do ANYTHING!

::hmmm hmm hmmm...la de da....hmmm hmmm hmmmmm::

Man.....you guys are making me wish for these movies allready. A Captain America film would be fantastic.....especially after the events over that last couple of years. We could use another healthy dose of partiotism. Doctor Strange would be really good as well. smile.gif

You betcha! 'cause I OWN him...or at least one - in a most favorable garde.

:::bows deeply::: Just keep me in mind when you see early 80's DC..........

And he really is a handsome boy, isn't he? Greggy scoffed at that book. The [!@#%^&^]. I think the rosy cheeks turned him off... go figure. (Plus he said something about the "cover gloss"... I would have explained it to him, but who has the energy for that sort of undertaking?)

DRAWN?........sorry about your loss povertyrow.......but that was pretty funny. Are the boards always this crazy?

OK - first I DO appreciate that you understand some dickweed who would take a Fine squarebound Silver Surfer #1 1968 through a paper cutter is FAR beyond a dickweed.

Second - yes -that DRWAN was pretty funny - but that tends to exemplify the genuinely perceptive humor on this board. Be prepared for considerably less banter. But ALSO be prepared for equally well turned banter! The boards are like buying comics from ebay. You really never know what you get! grin.gif

Christmas Day Massacre???........I'm afraid to ask.

Aye, many a Forum member fell that day...

Greggy is still suffering from the PTSD.

Makes me wish I would have found this place a month earlier......or does it?

Give it a day. You'll be wishing you had never found this place. Welcome to the Forum........ OF THE DAMNED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH OhjesusI'mhypertonight.