• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CELEBRATE THE DOUBLE COVERS
22 22

2,982 posts in this topic

Can I get some pricing guidance on this book?? The 2x covers are just so rare, its hard to figure out a fair price before I send 'em out into the market. Thanks boardies!!

Phantom Stranger #29 (1974). Double cover: outer cover 9.0/9.2; inner cover 9.4/(9.6?). White pages.

I'd say, that if you think the 9.6 is attainable, then slab it! Only a few titles have the rabid fan base for double cover prices to reach the stratosphere unslabbed, like Amazing Spider-Man. So your value tends to be found in that inner cover grade, which would be worth $100+ in CGC 9.6. Don't know about the 9.4 though, as none have sold according to GPAnalysis. Hope this helps, and other opinions are welcome!

That 'Tec is a wonderful pickup! Did you chat with the seller on eBay and get it for a decent price? I can't believe gijoed didn't pounce on that.

Yep, I did.. Made an offer, but was rejected as the seller wanted more $, so I accepted his offer and there you have it.

Looking for a little help. :foryou:

I am not familiar enough with this comic to know if each one was manufactured with two different covers attached or if issues were manufactured with single different covers. I am guessing the latter, but want to make sure.

I see both versions listed, but I can't find anywhere where it says that a variant was manufactured with both versions of the two covers.

Description 2

Description 1

6y4zxh2.jpg

6o5devr.jpg

That 'Tec is a wonderful pickup! Did you chat with the seller on eBay and get it for a decent price? I can't believe gijoed didn't pounce on that.

Yep, I did.. Made an offer, but was rejected as the seller wanted more $, so I accepted his offer and there you have it.

:o Wow nice first Double Cover! :headbang:

Looking for a little help.

I am not familiar enough with this comic to know if each one was manufactured with two different covers attached or if issues were manufactured with single different covers. I am guessing the latter, but want to make sure.

I see both versions listed, but I can't find anywhere where it says that a variant was manufactured with both versions of the two covers.

hm Never seen a Double Cover with Different covers so I leaning toward Manafactured Variant, but I don't know guess it is possible. (shrug)

:o Wow nice first Double Cover! :headbang:

:grin:

Thanks! I'm very happy with this purchase

Final bid was $410.00 :o

:banana: :banana: :banana:

:o dang I knew I should have bought that book when I had the chance. doh!

(thumbs u Great price congratulations. :headbang: