• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CELEBRATE THE DOUBLE COVERS
21 21

2,981 posts in this topic

For several reasons, I won this auction, http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...:IT&ih=020.

When it arrived, there were 3 issues of ASM that had the Mark Jewelers insert. In addition, the ASM Annual 18 was a double cover. I about fell out of my chair.

893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif nice pick up there thumbsup2.gif, did the auction mention the Double Cover anywhere as I looked and did not see anything. confused-smiley-013.gif I seen a ASM #151 with the Mark Jewelers insert at a show recentaly and I passed, Kind of wish I had bought it now. frown.gif

893whatthe.gif 2.0 + 9.8 = 9.8 27_laughing.gif yes that is a good one thumbsup2.gif keep em comming 893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif

Here are some recent pick ups smile.gif

th_UFO.jpg .... th_DCSME16.jpg .... th_DCSH31.jpg

grin.gif Just figured out the thumbnail thing and needed somewhere to try it out. cool.gif

Thank you for that. You should write the instructions and post them in a sticky for all to see. I hate having to dload megs of images just to open a thread.

Is the #151 with the MJ anything special? I have loads of these MJ insert issues, plus from a collection bought about a year ago, got ASM #140 through 163, and 201-211 with them...Here is the #151 MJ:

151VF-MJ.gif

I would love to see #200 with the insert, but do not think they exist,

Eric

Looks like an interesting issue and has gone out of my price range. Dr. Strange #55 9.75 cent cover).

Michael Golden art (some have called this the best illustrated issue (and the standard) of the series. Seems to be a unlisted price variant? and a double cover.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...p;rd=1&rd=1

For several reasons, I won this auction, http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...:IT&ih=020.

When it arrived, there were 3 issues of ASM that had the Mark Jewelers insert. In addition, the ASM Annual 18 was a double cover. I about fell out of my chair.

:applause:

That's quite a pick up! Congratulations!

I recently won this one cheaply. Besides ASMs, I also collect JIMs and Thors.

Thor #350

The inner cover is closer to a NM- than the VF in the description.

how can cgc really grade the inner cover accurately when they cant really see the spine?

I can't speculate on their practices, but I assume that the the condition of the spine on the inner cover reflects conditions on the outer cover. Meaning that a flawless spine on the outside translates to a flawless spine on the inside. I don't really see how damage could be sustained to the inner spine without affecting the outer cover first. Under this assumption, I am always grading the inner cover at the correct grade or slightly undergrading.

CGC may have other methods or rationales, so this may not be the case for them.