• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

R.I.P Carmine Infantino

146 posts in this topic

I met Carmine at NYCC this past year, and his health was deteriorating. It was sad to see him in such a state.

The biggest tragedy was that he was sitting around through most of the show without any line and a very little amount of people trying to get his autograph. I had my Showcase #4 signed by him, and it was very difficult for him to do that.

This is just really sad news. He was a good man, and this is a major loss.

RIP Carmine. God rest his soul.

say it aint so :sorry:

i was so happy buy a 7.0 ss of flash 200 here on the boards...and i always wanted to get a bats 181 or flash 123 signed by him...prolly wont happen now...he single handed got me back into comics and into flash in the early 2000s...thanks for the great books sir and return if possible.

As a young boy the mid 60s The Flash was my favorite. No one was a better Flash artist. I have one issue that I got signed by him that I will never sell. Such a sad day, I'll probably dig out my old flash comics and reread a few. Thanks for the memories CI, RIP.

I met Carmine at NYCC this past year, and his health was deteriorating. It was sad to see him in such a state.

The biggest tragedy was that he was sitting around through most of the show without any line and a very little amount of people trying to get his autograph. I had my Showcase #4 signed by him, and it was very difficult for him to do that.

See I saw quite the opposite at the very same show and saw a rather large line. Maybe you caught him as he was just returning from a break. When I went over there to get something signed he was taking a rest and would be back sometime within the next hour. When I checked back later the line was too long to get back on.

I will admit that it seemed as if he was struggling.

a few years back I tried to line up a commission and his agent said his health was not good :( . I am quite fond of his work at DC. One of his pages hangs in my bedroom.

a true legend and i'm sure more will come to recognize his contributions in the future.

sleep well old timer

See I saw quite the opposite at the very same show and saw a rather large line. Maybe you caught him as he was just returning from a break. When I went over there to get something signed he was taking a rest and would be back sometime within the next hour. When I checked back later the line was too long to get back on.

I will admit that it seemed as if he was struggling.

I was able to walk up to him and get him to sign my book without any line. I would pass by later throughout the weekend and not see anyone on line, which was concerning. Its good the hear that he actually had a line, during the weekend.

It was sad to see Carmine struggling and having a hard time signing books. He also had to take alot of breaks and leave early most days. It was very sad to see him in such a state.

Here's the book I had him sign. He was impressed by the book and it brought a smile to his face.

photo66_zps00dbde18.jpg

Was always one of the greats I'd wanted to meet and get a sig as well! Sad day.

I did like several folks. I hit ebay to see if there was anything reasonable. I got this lot. Not SS'd, but I have a weak spot for loved copies signed on the first page.

Spider Woman Lot

Just like our musical legends, the comic book greats are slowly (or have already) passing away.

Somehow Stan Lee seems nuclear powered. Love him or hate him, Let's all hope Stan keeps kicking it at this level past the century mark.

RIP Carmine.