• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Zen and the art of moderation
2 2

908 posts in this topic

The PM system allows for wide open conversation, free of intrusive moderation. Add all your friends to a PM & away you go with anything goes electronic communications!

Viola & voila! All problems wash away with the outgoing tide!

Wait. Then you will have formed a clique/cabal/coterie. :eek:

Which one of us believes that:

1) the Boards are Heaven on Earth;

2) the Boards could be Heaven on Earth with proper moderation.

If I knew how to create a poll, I would add a crack option & go with that as my Thursday morning Zen-thread-post concept piece.

I'm an optimist, but wow, you're in the clouds today! (worship)

I believe the Boards are a large source of my lack of productivity.

Moderation has not been much of a factor in this problem.

I also believe that the Boards could be Heaven on Earth with proper medication.

Has everyone fully vented their spleen? :popcorn:

Is this an invitation? :popcorn:

I admire the UK contingent but I wouldn't want you joining my cabal.

The ring of truth.

I believe that lying sprawled out in a parking lot could be Heaven on Earth with proper medication. :whee:

You should consider tracking alternative metrics to gauge your productivity. Yes, you may not be getting as much work done, but is your intellectual stimulation, happiness, and contentment production up? hm

CCGmod0 has already deleted some. :(

88 new posts? :o

You got your vacay and now yer scared to provoke. Oh, but I don't want you to....it was just too hard when you were gone....
Actually, life is quite a bit better without this place. But I'm an addict. The strike actually came at a good time.
Stop it man. Balance is what it's all about bro. But balance is hard so i hear ya. Chin up.

mrmyst is right. ;)

Which one of us believes that:

1) the Boards are Heaven on Earth;

2) the Boards could be Heaven on Earth with proper moderation.

If I knew how to create a poll, I would add a crack option & go with that as my Thursday morning Zen-thread-post concept piece.

The assumption here is that we have friends.

And no CCGmod0, that is not masking.

The PM system allows for wide open conversation, free of intrusive moderation. Add all your friends to a PM & away you go with anything goes electronic communications!

Viola & voila! All problems wash away with the outgoing tide!

Wait. Then you will have formed a clique/cabal/coterie. :eek:

Problem is that the mods are expecting 20,000+ members to all get along with each other and that's just not going to happen. Do the mods like every person they meet in real life? Of course not!

Why should people censor themselves on a message board when they don't do it in person?

People are not mind readers and you shouldn't have to edit yourself because someone "might get offended" If someone gets offended, then that is their own issue to deal with. Not saying we should call each other names or lay into people but you can't even say cr@p on this site!!

Not saying we should call each other names or lay into people but you can't even say cr@p on this site!!

That one makes no sense to me. You can say that in rated G films. Tits is similar or worse and goes uncensored. They should both be fine.

. Not saying we should call each other names or lay into people but you can't even say cr@p on this site!!

You better hope someones off the rag since thats technically "masking" :eyeroll:

Problem is that the mods are expecting 20,000+ members to all get along with each other and that's just not going to happen. Do the mods like every person they meet in real life? Of course not!

Why should people censor themselves on a message board when they don't do it in person?

People are not mind readers and you shouldn't have to edit yourself because someone "might get offended" If someone gets offended, then that is their own issue to deal with. Not saying we should call each other names or lay into people but you can't even say cr@p on this site!!

20,000 people don't post on here regularly.

You can say poop instead.

. Not saying we should call each other names or lay into people but you can't even say cr@p on this site!!

You better hope someones off the rag since thats technically "masking" :eyeroll:

Yeah, because "" is too risqué for PG13. :eek:

Liberal scum= fine and dandy

Curse words a 7 year old isnt offended by= strike

:facepalm:

CGCmod0 asked me to post this...

15ebq.jpg