• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Zen and the art of moderation
2 2

908 posts in this topic

Wow!!!

Last night the puppy was great and active, all was good. For the 1st night all week, my kids didn't cry themselves to sleep over Pippin dying Monday. This morning, puppy was lethargic and wouldn't eat. I just left the vet, she had Parvo and based on her bloodwork they said she has a 50/50 chance of living. They are keeping her 1-5 days hopefully :cry:

Right now I'm at the place we bought her with my $1500 estimate from the vets. I'm waiting to see what they say. You may or may not see me on the news tomorrow for beating the snot out of someone here based on their answer when they come back :mad:

Exact same scenario with my brother's rescue puppy. Plus he had worms!!

He is doing fine now, after the 50/50 parvovirus diagnosis. Good luck, bud.

Wow!!!

Last night the puppy was great and active, all was good. For the 1st night all week, my kids didn't cry themselves to sleep over Pippin dying Monday. This morning, puppy was lethargic and wouldn't eat. I just left the vet, she had Parvo and based on her bloodwork they said she has a 50/50 chance of living. They are keeping her 1-5 days hopefully :cry:

Right now I'm at the place we bought her with my $1500 estimate from the vets. I'm waiting to see what they say. You may or may not see me on the news tomorrow for beating the snot out of someone here based on their answer when they come back :mad:

Wishing the puppy gets well :wishluck:

Thanks man!

Yeah, she has worms also but I assume a puppy will have something like that. The place I got her was just PACKED with people so they kissed my since I don't think they wanted me to start screaming how they sold me a sick dog in front of 30 customers. I don't even care about the money, I just want the little thing to be ok!!!

My daughter is already back to crying hysterically :sorry:

Thanks man!

Yeah, she has worms also but I assume a puppy will have something like that. The place I got her was just PACKED with people so they kissed my since I don't think they wanted me to start screaming how they sold me a sick dog in front of 30 customers. I don't even care about the money, I just want the little thing to be ok!!!

Good luck to your pup but you can still suck it.

xoxo

greggy

Thanks man!

Good luck to your pup but you can still suck it.

xoxo

greggy

Mods Notified

We are such suckers! This is why we NEVER go to look at puppies! :blush:

They are filling out the paperwork for our new Pomeranian puppy as we speak :facepalm:

16bua.jpgvia Imgflip Meme Generator

Damn! That is a freaking cute Pom! :cloud9:

The breeder had the cutest Pom puppy I've ever seen. Its markings I had never seen before and it had blue eyes. Luckily, it was a boy and we wanted a girl because they wanted $5,000 for it :o

Other than maybe Paris Hilton, who the hell pays 5 G's for a puppy?!? ???

I've had English Bulldogs, so yeah... guilty.

Someone looking to breed and sell purebred puppies. Could be a profit if you're into breeding although I certainly don't know the Pomeranian market well enough to know if that's a reasonable price.

Oh, and I've considered paying around $5K for pets. I may do that for my next cat by buying a first-generation Savannah cat. They're a cross-breed between African serval cats (first pic below--the name "Savannah" is a reference to the African savannahs that servals live in shown in the pic) and domestic cats (a first-generation Savannah are in the second and third pics). They're huge (around 30 - 35 pounds whereas most cats are 10 - 15 pounds), have the distinct spotted marking of the serval, and have COMPLETELY different behavior from cats--they're like a cross between a dog and a cat. They can jump up to nine feet in the air, so nothing in your house is safe, i.e. no storing the cat food on top of the refrigerator. You can walk them on a leash like a dog. They actually like water like dogs do. They're like dogs who use a litter box...they seem like the best of both pets to me. I'm sure there must be disadvantages the breeders don't tell you about, but I haven't heard yet what they are.

39.jpgsavanna_cat_magic_01_large.jpgsavannah-cat-1.jpg

Beautiful animal!

When I think of the damage my cat accidentally does to me with her teeth and claws while we're playing, it makes me wonder what this pet could do.

That may be one of the disadvantages you may want to ask about.

Howabout the fact that it is still essentially a wild animal? (shrug)

I can't imagine wanting a cat that's bigger. Does one use a spare bathtub as a litter box? And the whole purpose of owning a cat is not having to do stuff like walk it, so I don't get that at all.

Of course, I don't get the whole concept of paying for pets in the first place. There are so many great animals killed in shelters every day, but to each their own I guess

Howabout the fact that it is still essentially a wild animal? (shrug)

You mean like many dog breeds are? My girlfriend's bulldog/cattledog mix goes after every squirrel and cat we walk past, and has a bad habit of barking at people if they get too close to us. Serval cats are wild and don't make good pets even when they're born in captivity and handled from a young age, but for whatever reason the cross-breed kittens aren't wild, Savannahs end up with the demeanors of domesticated cats. I haven't heard of exceptions but am curious if there are any. (shrug)

I can't imagine wanting a cat that's bigger. Does one use a spare bathtub as a litter box? And the whole purpose of owning a cat is not having to do stuff like walk it, so I don't get that at all.

Of course, I don't get the whole concept of paying for pets in the first place. I understand they're just being protective and/or instinctive, but it's a pretty big problem. There are so many great animals killed in shelters every day, but to each their own I guess

You don't have to walk Savannah cats, but it's an option. Not sure why you're thinking of something that's pure advantage as a disadvantage--I'd walk my cat through the park or in the city if he'd let me. Savannahs let you leash them without going nuts or refusing to walk with you on a leash.

Before I bought one I'd have to read accounts of just how viable walking Savannahs on a leash really is--maybe some put up with it and some don't, not really sure how most turn out or if the breeders of them have exaggerated just how walkable they really are on leashes--but below are some pics of people walking them. Most cats refuse to walk on a leash, but there are a select few other breeds besides Savannahs that do allow it and do appear to enjoy walking beside people like most dogs do. Savannahs are trainable similar to the way dogs are. Some other breeds of cats are as well...my ex-girlfriend had a cat she had trained about forty commands to that it would usually listen to. The most useful command was telling it to use the litter box before we took it on a trip--it was a really smart cat and seemed to understand why it should go to the bathroom much like we understand the value of that before going on a trip. She picked the breed knowing they were like that and had to travel a few states to pick it up once she found one.

042bce1e7c092e1efc92064565e00eed_1M.png2574077027_1ccc7c9512_z.jpgcat_2.jpg