• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Zen and the art of moderation
2 2

908 posts in this topic

That was a horrific 10 minutes!!! :cry:

A few miles from the vet, he tended up and had a seizure and stopped breathing. I pulled over and blew in his mouth like they showed me and he just started barely breathing. I just got here but he's totally limp.

He just died for good this time :cry:

I am sorry to hear this, Jason. :(

A few miles from the vet, he tended up and had a seizure and stopped breathing. I pulled over and blew in his mouth like they showed me and he just started barely breathing. I just got here but he's totally limp.

I am sorry to hear this, Jason. :(

Me too. Having gone through this several times, I know how hard it is.

Grief is an industrial strength emotion. :(

Ahh Man. I am sorry to hear this. My pets are like family - and my dog is on her last leg as well (just very old). I don't have any great words of wisdom for you, but I know this is tough.

Thanks guys.

We always have 4-5 dogs so I've been thru this a bunch but it need gets easier! Especially this one! He was definitely my 2nd favorite of all the dogs I've had. Just the greatest little dog ever!

RIP Pippin! :cry:

:(

Sorry about your dog. How old was he? Seems like a weird turn of evolution that cats and dogs are so similar yet cats get to live 18 to 20 years max and dogs asymmetrically only get to live 12 to 14 years max.

He was 12. That's kind of old but he was a Pomeranian and they usually live older. 15-18 years old is more normal for them. 12 is about the youngest I've ever heard of a Pomeranian that didn't have cancer or some other disease.

The PM system allows for wide open conversation, free of intrusive moderation. Add all your friends to a PM & away you go with anything goes electronic communications!

Viola & voila! All problems wash away with the outgoing tide!

Wait. Then you will have formed a clique/cabal/coterie. :eek:

Sure, that works until someone bails on the group. Not that that would ever happen right?

Not if it would give the group butthurt. No one would bail then.

Groups are cute.

I've spoken with Logan and, in his absence, he has asked me to post this on his behalf: :popcorn:
What the heck did he do? :shrug:

Liberal scum= fine and dandy

Curse words a 7 year old isnt offended by= strike

:facepalm:

CGCmod0 asked me to post this...

15ebq.jpg

Didn't I tell you about using Grumpy Cat against me?!? (tsk)

Honestly, I think my strike/wrist slaps are funny more than anything. My panties are in MUCH less of a bunch over them than CGCmod0's :)

If you keep misspelling CCGmod0's username wrong, his panties might get bunchy. Or maybe they're already bunchy because he misspelled his username in the first place? :think:

Thanks

Kids got home a little while ago and that was BAD! My son finally stopped crying but my daughter is inconsolable. He was her favorite and after the scare last week, she spent the whole week playing with him and carrying him around. She's devastated that she didn't get a chance to say goodbye to him :sorry:

Dude we are imminently headed to the same territory. 19 year old cat with diabetes and is getting more and more insulin resistant.

Our 4 year old commented yesterday that she "was worried because Oscar doesnt talk as much as he used to"

so much feels.

not looking forward to the kid-death conversation...

Kids are resilient. Remind her of all the time she did spend with her pet, and how much he loved her. :foryou:

Yeah, I'm sure she'll get over it before me. I just tried the how much he loved her routine though and she yelled at me "I'd rather he hate me and still be here than be dead!". I'm sure in a couple days it'll get easier for her but there's gonna be a LOT of crying tonight! :(

When we had the conversation with Aidan about Chewie and he was close to dying he cried like a baby. But then we kept talking and he started getting through it.

Although it was a mix of laughing and crying when he said "I don't want Chewie to die, he is my faithful pet"! It was so funny and touching. And y'all that know my boy know how funny he is anyway lol

My condolences on your loss Jason :foryou: