• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ebay Case Opened Against Me?!?!

424 posts in this topic

This sounds like a much better outcome than if you followed some other's advice here.

Good for you. (thumbs u

By the way, you do realize this transaction just gave the buyer that much more confidence he can pull this trick off again, don't you?

So way to go in encouraging him to continue on. :applause:

Oh, I see.... You wanted chase to fight some imaginary battle for you.

And risk his account's standing, so you could feel better about righting all the evil in the world. :applause:

Or just maybe, the book is off center in the slab, and the buyer is unhappy about his purchase.

Great sellers offer full refunds, no questions asked.

Smart sellers work with buyers to ensure complete customer satisfaction. And better outcomes for themselves.

Grow up.

You really can't keep facts straight, can you?

My recommendation to him was to contact Ebay first and let them know what is going on. On a wild hair, they may have sided with him once they put the facts together.

Telling someone to grow up without knowing anyone's background or seller-buyer engagement is all about confrontation. You seem really good at that!

Chase always had the option of going the refund route once he understood what support - if any - he would get from Ebay. I don't believe that happened.

So smarten up - then you'll grow up.

Yeah, he saved time, money, aggravation, and is getting 5 star positive feedback with my advice. What seller wants that? hm

You can respond with whatever. I'll be scrolling right past your future posts. Take care.

Now boys... Phil's parking lot is right over there if you have any differences to settle. Just don't let the mods know!

:D

-slym

I've actually been to Phil's quite a few times. He used to have a really tall employee... like 6'6". Played basketball with him on occasion. But that was 10 years or so. :grin:

I recently sold a CGC 9.8 comic on ebay. The buyer received the comic literally minutes ago and opened a case against me. Is the comic damaged? No. Was the shipping time too long? No. The response from the buyer was:

"Hello, I received the book today and I'm a little disappointed you didn't mention it wasn't centered. The picture in the listing is deceiving. I would like to resolve this. Any suggestions?"

Could anybody tell me what the heck this even means?!?! The picture in the listing WAS THE CGC GRADED COMIC THEY RECEIVED!

Hate to burn up my last post before the GRAND FINALE of that 10,00th post I am working on, but I just cannot sit back and let this go unanswered.

eBay has allowed every con, crook, scammer, lowlife, deadbeat, chiseling-lyin' BUYER out there to wreck havoc on any Seller.

I am in the midst of a HUGE PayPal war, a war started by some Modern-Drekkie punk who bought a Modern 2000 comic from me for $17.00 and change, pays for it, then decides that I ( NOT paraphrasing here - this is what the Gen Yer had the NERVE to post in his response to the Dispute process)" "Could not possibly know what a NM+ 9.6 grade is; using that disclamer of "approxomately( spc) grade" does not convince me. I know what I am doing here and this seller is constantly selling uber stuff, which cannot be possible. There are spine ticks and other defects that knock this comic down to 9.2. I want a full refund and his 25% restock fee is a crock. I won't settle for anything less and am going to slam this gouger a negative. he thinks he is something of a comic book dealer but they hate him on the very board of slabbed comics he frequents. they hate him for a reason; he is out to make money off of comic books. I saw that colum where his peers were hating on him because of this phony 25% restock fee. Me? I have been on eBay for 4 years, and comic Link for 3 years and have had numerous transactions enough to know that this seller needs to be kicked off eBay"

He sends the comic back, I refund him his $12.25 and WON the battle not to refund him his original shipping AND the return ship fees. He railed about that too, but I deleted that email.

BUT DURING THE LAST 8 business days PayPal FROZE my account. I owe in the area of $1,200 of items, par for the course for me. So today I can send out $500 of payments, and I have to put two CGC Boardies on hold, one of which I hold in the highest esteem, and the other is a newer Forumite, but nevertheless is counting on me.

Then my eBay account was "flagged" for "misconduct": I posted the following return feedback to this clown: "Remorse Buyer case; he NEVER sent eBay photos because I called eBay and asked!"

So now this clown not only has 12 Sellers mad at me, but cost me my Power Seller status I worked very hard for.

I call eBay and got this:

eBay: "You CANNOT give a negative remark while posting the Buyer a positive rating".

CAL: " But I spoke the TRUTH"

eBay: "Does not matter. We cannot have eBay's Buyers alienated via a retaliatory comment".

CAL: So what kind of comment am I to leave such a person( not the descriptive name I used over the phone)?"

eBay" it can ONLY be something like: ' good Buyer, paid fast', something like that."

CAL: " So even though you admitted to me that I am right, this IS a Buyers Remorse case, I can't call him out on it?"

eBay: "That's right. Using that 'Buyers remorse" comment tied into you using an eBay action invalidates your feedback comment. We also removed the comment per eBay guidelines"

CAL: " Well, lady, my eBay monthly bill is always over $1,000. Why don't you get that $1,000 from this pinhead piece of trash Buyer you seem to value so much?"

eBay: "We understand your frustration as a Seller. We are undertaking this "Buyers Program" where you can report such buyers, and if we gather enough evidence, we can kick those abusive buyers off our site".

CAL: "More eBay hot air. So unless this pinhead scams 100 Sellers in a one-month period, nothing will get done, right?"

eBay" "Wrong, Mr. Remington. We have had eBay's trust & safety look into hundreds of Buyer Abuse cases every week"

CAL: " And how is that going to get me my Power Seller Status back? How is that going to make ME, this Seller of record for this transaction xxxxxx. whole again?"

eBay: " Just be careful in the future wit your negative comments to our Buyers".

CAL: " What eBay needs is competition. Yahoo!Auctions only does Japan now, but had a far superior feedback system. Too bad. eBay is still scratching their heads and does not want to admit WHY they lost literally 10 million USA Sellers. It is for stupid reasons like this. The Sellers cannot post a negative against a deserving pinhead oxygen-wasting Buyer like this insufficiently_thoughtful_person here."

eBay: "Mr. Remington, I assure you that eBay takes your concerns into consideration. We have all the facts we need to make our decisions."

CAL: " Well if you knew everything about this case like you say, you would know that I am primarily a Buyer, not a Seller. Check my feedbacks."

eBay" " Oh, I see that now. That's great! You apparently know the other end of the stick, so to speak."

CAL: " Yes, I know that MANY of those Sellers that used to sell to me QUIT your company and sell to Comic Connect, Heritage, etc. They are specialty online sites, where the Buyer CANNOT EVER HARM the Seller."

I explained the consignment shops to her, to which she said to wish me good luck AND HUNG UP ON ME.

Of course when I furiously called back, I got a different girl, but the same call-center somewhere in Utah, where they pay them minimum wage.

The bottom line is that the BUYERS are king on eBay, and will continue to get away with anything they can.

The ONLY reason I started allowing returns is so I can burn them on that 25% restock fee. I get paid something( 25%) and get the product back and can resell it again. eBay has had that policy of the "item not as described" to which the BUYERS can force a return on the Seller, but if they do that and the "grading " is the dispute, you can slam that restock fee on them. I get this implemented because I have an extensive track record of successful sales. The BUYER is faced with sending me the comic and getting 75% of his/her money back, or just keeping it. Some, have tried this "tape damage" through the comic bags, but I no longer use tape of any kind. This has literally saved me $2K over the last year. The Buyers used to deliberately damage the item so as to get the Insurance claim filed. Now I am so mad at tem for that, I cry INSURANCE FRAUD and is it me or a coincidence that not ONE of those cases got moved forward???

Another scamster bid 34 of my items, but was left holding the bag with four, and they went $1 - 2.00-ish". He also threatened negatives against the ship costs, but I did win that case. Both cases I was able to get the negatives removed but STILL HAD TO FORWARD the emails to eBay EVEN THOUGH THEY ARE ON THE EBAY MESSAGING SYSTEM! What a crock! eBay bent over backwards to defend these insufficiently_thoughtful_person Buyers, and they also did not like Mr. Coates( my Attorney) send that cover letter regarding Sahakian, that scammer we discussed 6 months ago. It was worth $500 to get his negatives removed. eBay WILL obey a Court Order, but they really don't like that.

Sorry for this rantrant But this eBay Buyer Abuse has got to stop.

CAL still buys more than he sells on the only game in town, Feebay.

This post is proof that you need to lock yourself in a bathroom with a National Geographic magazine.

lol

Cal what is your eBay Sellers ID? I would love to buy some books off of you and then send them back to you getting a full refund out of it.

I recently sold a CGC 9.8 comic on ebay. The buyer received the comic literally minutes ago and opened a case against me. Is the comic damaged? No. Was the shipping time too long? No. The response from the buyer was:

"Hello, I received the book today and I'm a little disappointed you didn't mention it wasn't centered. The picture in the listing is deceiving. I would like to resolve this. Any suggestions?"

Could anybody tell me what the heck this even means?!?! The picture in the listing WAS THE CGC GRADED COMIC THEY RECEIVED!

Hate to burn up my last post before the GRAND FINALE of that 10,00th post I am working on, but I just cannot sit back and let this go unanswered.

eBay has allowed every con, crook, scammer, lowlife, deadbeat, chiseling-lyin' BUYER out there to wreck havoc on any Seller.

I am in the midst of a HUGE PayPal war, a war started by some Modern-Drekkie punk who bought a Modern 2000 comic from me for $17.00 and change, pays for it, then decides that I ( NOT paraphrasing here - this is what the Gen Yer had the NERVE to post in his response to the Dispute process)" "Could not possibly know what a NM+ 9.6 grade is; using that disclamer of "approxomately( spc) grade" does not convince me. I know what I am doing here and this seller is constantly selling uber stuff, which cannot be possible. There are spine ticks and other defects that knock this comic down to 9.2. I want a full refund and his 25% restock fee is a crock. I won't settle for anything less and am going to slam this gouger a negative. he thinks he is something of a comic book dealer but they hate him on the very board of slabbed comics he frequents. they hate him for a reason; he is out to make money off of comic books. I saw that colum where his peers were hating on him because of this phony 25% restock fee. Me? I have been on eBay for 4 years, and comic Link for 3 years and have had numerous transactions enough to know that this seller needs to be kicked off eBay"

He sends the comic back, I refund him his $12.25 and WON the battle not to refund him his original shipping AND the return ship fees. He railed about that too, but I deleted that email.

BUT DURING THE LAST 8 business days PayPal FROZE my account. I owe in the area of $1,200 of items, par for the course for me. So today I can send out $500 of payments, and I have to put two CGC Boardies on hold, one of which I hold in the highest esteem, and the other is a newer Forumite, but nevertheless is counting on me.

Then my eBay account was "flagged" for "misconduct": I posted the following return feedback to this clown: "Remorse Buyer case; he NEVER sent eBay photos because I called eBay and asked!"

So now this clown not only has 12 Sellers mad at me, but cost me my Power Seller status I worked very hard for.

eBay: "You CANNOT give a negative remark while posting the Buyer a positive rating".

eBay: "Does not matter. We cannot have eBay's Buyers alienated via a retaliatory comment".

CAL: So what kind of comment am I to leave such a person( not the descriptive name I used over the phone)?"

eBay" it can ONLY be something like: ' good Buyer, paid fast', something like that."

CAL: " So even though you admitted to me that I am right, this IS a Buyers Remorse case, I can't call him out on it?"

eBay: "That's right. Using that 'Buyers remorse" comment tied into you using an eBay action invalidates your feedback comment. We also removed the comment per eBay guidelines"

CAL: " Well, lady, my eBay monthly bill is always over $1,000. Why don't you get that $1,000 from this pinhead piece of trash Buyer you seem to value so much?"

eBay: "We understand your frustration as a Seller. We are undertaking this "Buyers Program" where you can report such buyers, and if we gather enough evidence, we can kick those abusive buyers off our site".

CAL: "More eBay hot air. So unless this pinhead scams 100 Sellers in a one-month period, nothing will get done, right?"

eBay" "Wrong, Mr. Remington. We have had eBay's trust & safety look into hundreds of Buyer Abuse cases every week"

CAL: " And how is that going to get me my Power Seller Status back? How is that going to make ME, this Seller of record for this transaction xxxxxx. whole again?"

eBay: " Just be careful in the future wit your negative comments to our Buyers".

CAL: " What eBay needs is competition. Yahoo!Auctions only does Japan now, but had a far superior feedback system. Too bad. eBay is still scratching their heads and does not want to admit WHY they lost literally 10 million USA Sellers. It is for stupid reasons like this. The Sellers cannot post a negative against a deserving pinhead oxygen-wasting Buyer like this insufficiently_thoughtful_person here."

eBay: "Mr. Remington, I assure you that eBay takes your concerns into consideration. We have all the facts we need to make our decisions."

CAL: " Well if you knew everything about this case like you say, you would know that I am primarily a Buyer, not a Seller. Check my feedbacks."

eBay" " Oh, I see that now. That's great! You apparently know the other end of the stick, so to speak."

CAL: " Yes, I know that MANY of those Sellers that used to sell to me QUIT your company and sell to Comic Connect, Heritage, etc. They are specialty online sites, where the Buyer CANNOT EVER HARM the Seller."

I explained the consignment shops to her, to which she said to wish me good luck AND HUNG UP ON ME.

Of course when I furiously called back, I got a different girl, but the same call-center somewhere in Utah, where they pay them minimum wage.

The bottom line is that the BUYERS are king on eBay, and will continue to get away with anything they can.

The ONLY reason I started allowing returns is so I can burn them on that 25% restock fee. I get paid something( 25%) and get the product back and can resell it again. eBay has had that policy of the "item not as described" to which the BUYERS can force a return on the Seller, but if they do that and the "grading " is the dispute, you can slam that restock fee on them. I get this implemented because I have an extensive track record of successful sales. The BUYER is faced with sending me the comic and getting 75% of his/her money back, or just keeping it. Some, have tried this "tape damage" through the comic bags, but I no longer use tape of any kind. This has literally saved me $2K over the last year. The Buyers used to deliberately damage the item so as to get the Insurance claim filed. Now I am so mad at tem for that, I cry INSURANCE FRAUD and is it me or a coincidence that not ONE of those cases got moved forward???

Another scamster bid 34 of my items, but was left holding the bag with four, and they went $1 - 2.00-ish". He also threatened negatives against the ship costs, but I did win that case. Both cases I was able to get the negatives removed but STILL HAD TO FORWARD the emails to eBay EVEN THOUGH THEY ARE ON THE EBAY MESSAGING SYSTEM! What a crock! eBay bent over backwards to defend these insufficiently_thoughtful_person Buyers, and they also did not like Mr. Coates( my Attorney) send that cover letter regarding Sahakian, that scammer we discussed 6 months ago. It was worth $500 to get his negatives removed. eBay WILL obey a Court Order, but they really don't like that.

This post is proof that you need to lock yourself in a bathroom with a National Geographic magazine.

lol

Cal what is your eBay Sellers ID? I would love to buy some books off of you and then send them back to you getting a full refund out of it.

:shy:

I am happy you got things worked out. wrong or right.

Thank's tho for posting this problem and it was great to speak with you. I have added this spoon to my blocker list. being that it is I wont deal with this ebayer.

This sounds like a much better outcome than if you followed some other's advice here.

Good for you. (thumbs u

By the way, you do realize this transaction just gave the buyer that much more confidence he can pull this trick off again, don't you?

And risk his account's standing, so you could feel better about righting all the evil in the world. :applause:

Or just maybe, the book is off center in the slab, and the buyer is unhappy about his purchase.

Smart sellers work with buyers to ensure complete customer satisfaction. And better outcomes for themselves.

Grow up.

My recommendation to him was to contact Ebay first and let them know what is going on. On a wild hair, they may have sided with him once they put the facts together.

Telling someone to grow up without knowing anyone's background or seller-buyer engagement is all about confrontation. You seem really good at that!

Chase always had the option of going the refund route once he understood what support - if any - he would get from Ebay. I don't believe that happened.

Yeah, he saved time, money, aggravation, and is getting 5 star positive feedback with my advice. What seller wants that? hm

You can respond with whatever. I'll be scrolling right past your future posts. Take care.

:roflmao:

I don't know how I'll handle that.

lol

Kneel_Before_Cal

lol

Kneel_Before_Cal

time for :popcorn:

Thanks everyone for the help. I'm happy offering a partial in order to get a positive feedback. I know that might open the door for future transactions, but with only 72 feedback, I couldn't risk getting my first negative. If he wouldn't have accepted a partial refund, I would have called eBay again before responding.

To answer the question about the cert #s. I had two for sale, and both sold on the same day. I packed them up and shipped them to each buyer, so I'm not sure which one he received. I didn't notice any "off-centered" comic, so maybe it happened during shipping. And nobody has to comment telling me how I listed wrong. I realize now I need to have a picture for every comic for sale...but the buyer still wouldn't know which one he was buying. I probably took the safe route with a partial because if he received the book that wasn't pictured, then I would have been SOL with Ebay.

As for the pictures, I'll look in to getting a bigger scanner, or at least a better camera. I just took a few pictures and picked out the best one. I'm new at selling, so I obviously have a lot more to learn. BUT I do always double-box, so at least I have the shipping down pat.

Once again, thanks for all the help. Bosco, thanks for defending my auction and investigating to show me that the same buyer purchased another 108 just yesterday. I knew I could get some investigative help on these boards. Hulk Smash, thanks for taking up for me. A few others PM'd me. I posted a link to the auction when I wasn't even thinking that that would show the buyer's ID before a resolution was reached doh! Thanks for anyone else who helped that I didn't mention. It's hard to remember all the board names.

Hopefully, the buyer will keep his/her word and leave me positive and this whole situation will work out according to our agreement.

Good for you. (thumbs u

Grow up.

:roflmao:

I don't know how I'll handle that.

:roflmao: Surely you're heartbroken. lol

Thanks everyone for the help. I'm happy offering a partial in order to get a positive feedback. I know that might open the door for future transactions, but with only 72 feedback, I couldn't risk getting my first negative. If he wouldn't have accepted a partial refund, I would have called eBay again before responding.

To answer the question about the cert #s. I had two for sale, and both sold on the same day. I packed them up and shipped them to each buyer, so I'm not sure which one he received. I didn't notice any "off-centered" comic, so maybe it happened during shipping. And nobody has to comment telling me how I listed wrong. I realize now I need to have a picture for every comic for sale...but the buyer still wouldn't know which one he was buying.

As for the pictures, I'll look in to getting a bigger scanner, or at least a better camera. I just took a few pictures and picked out the best one. I'm new at selling, so I obviously have a lot more to learn. BUT I do always double-box, so at least I have the shipping down pat.

Once again, thanks for all the help. Hulk Smash, thanks for taking up for me. A few others PM'd me. I posted a link to the auction when I wasn't even thinking that that would show the buyer's ID before a resolution was reached doh!

Hopefully, the buyer will keep his/her word and leave me positive and this whole situation will work out according to our agreement.

No problem. (thumbs u

I learned about the 1095-1092 combo here, myself. And the sandwich method for raw comics. There are a lot of great, experienced sellers here with helpful information.

The best advice is not to respond to an adversarial situation while you are still filled with emotion. Like responding to a negative. Give yourself time to cool down and respond in a way that gives you a better outcome. I know it's difficult. I still make that mistake myself, then end up being mad at myself for being stupid. lol

You need a real digital camera to take pics of slabs for ebay. (at least 6 megapixels)

A scanner is way better than a camera, but we don't all have legal sized scanners. Here's a link to an auction of mine with several pics of a slab. It really was the best I could do with a camera (lights of camera flash reflection), but it worked out great as the buyer left me great feedback.

LINK

Thats why I'll never sell on eBay, this customer is always right mess is exactly that. I'm a conscientious consumer, I expect the proper level of attention, value and care for my dollar. I do not, on the other hand, expect the store/restaurant/whatever owner to have his wife pole dance for me because I am a paying customer.

Nick is 100% right and yes, this is my wisdom by proxy, I think it's insane that someone is paying $150 for a two month old comic, but that's just me, it's irrelevant. If the buyer changes his mind and acts like a little anal wart, they should be outed and flogged.

If you whine like a baby, afterward, about a dollar shipping charge, or feel the book looked more like an Action 1 in the picture and was actually X-Force 1 when it arrived, go *spoon* yourself.

Thats why I'll never sell on eBay, this customer is always right mess is exactly that. I'm a conscientious consumer, I expect the proper level of attention, value and care for my dollar. I do not, on the other hand, expect the store/restaurant/whatever owner to have his wife pole dance for me because I am a paying customer.

Nick is 100% right and yes, this is my wisdom by proxy, I think it's insane that someone is paying $150 for a two month old comic, but that's just me, it's irrelevant. If the buyer changes his mind and acts like a little anal wart, they should be outed and flogged.

If you whine like a baby, afterward, about a dollar shipping charge, or feel the book looked more like an Action 1 in the picture and was actually X-Force 1 when it arrived, go *spoon* yourself.

And this is the reason us who say dont refund the spooner buyer are taking the front seat and standing are ground. even more when we see the spoon buyer buying another one. fact in point " we be no fooled here"

but whatever some cant run the full mile !!!!

And this is the reason us who say dont refund the spooner buyer are taking the front seat and standing are ground. even more when we see the spoon buyer buying another one. fact in point " we be no fooled here"

If anything, you know tonight a number of sellers added that username to their blocked list.

It will be funny if he happens along to buy a Walking Dead from a forumite and has to ask "What for?"

Let's just hope it is long after someone gets their feedback.

If anything, you know tonight a number of sellers added that username to their blocked list.

It will be funny if he happens along to buy a Walking Dead from a forumite and has to ask "What for?"

Let's just hope it is long after someone gets their feedback.

yea, he's added to my list !!!!