• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ebay Case Opened Against Me?!?!

424 posts in this topic

Step 1: Don't sell on eBay.

Step 2: Repeat Step 1

Easy to say but when people on this fine forum dont want to buy the books you have, and they sell on ebay for more than you offered here ebay is dam fine option, issues and all.

Call ebay !!!!!! contact the seller of the new Auction. if its the same guy. and as far as getting Neg, ebay will remove that because of the false claim. clearly its a matter of over paying here.

How does the buyer, buying two of the same kind of item, make it a false claim? (shrug)

Many reasons for him to buy more than one of the same item.... gifts, for re-sale, OCD, the new purchase is not off-center, etc.

And no, Ebay will not remove the neg because a buyer bought another similar item.

If this was some of the posters in this thread accounts, would you be so quick to antagonize chase's buyer?

Chase... what does the guy want? What does he consider 5 star customer service from you? This is not some war you have to fight. Life's too short. Why let this scumbag waste anymore of your precious time?

This new eBay system is a crock.

I had a buyer open a case against me a week ago stating he never received the item. I check the tracking number that was given to him as well at time of shipping. This is my first open case in 14 years.

The tracking says "out for delivery" on April 6th, with no delivered status in zip code 94158. He says that's not his zip code (94112) and the zip code isn't even in San Francisco. I check and it is San Fran and I tell him it probably got mis-routed but would turn up. He says he called (but never indicated going into post office) looking for package. I get a few more frustrated messages this past week, the last on Saturday stating - "I still haven't gotten my package".

I Google the 94158 zip code for the post office phone from my hotel in Vancouver. Get someone on the line and in a matter of secs they pull up a scan of the box in the system showing the correct address twice on the box (in marker & on printed USPS label).

They inform me that 94158 & 94112 is in the same building when packages are sorted for that area so there was no problem there and that the box is probably at the local post office. I get that address and phone number from them and relay it to the buyer... He never responds... yesterday I get an email tracking alert from USPS - "Unclaimed" in zip code 94112.

:facepalm:

The box has been sitting there for over two weeks. I suspect the buyer never bothered to go into the post office and physically check if it was just sitting there on a shelf waiting to be picked up.

Since the unclaimed status indicated it was coming back to me I contacted eBay and guess what - they are actually siding with me, the seller. If I would have refunded him the money earlier in the week as he requested he could have then walked into the post office and grabbed the box... and eBay would not go after him to get my back as well, which is another crock.

I'm not saying that was the case on this but either he never bothered to go into his post office or could have been trying to pull a stunt.

Call ebay !!!!!! contact the seller of the new Auction. if its the same guy. and as far as getting Neg, ebay will remove that because of the false claim. clearly its a matter of over paying here.

How does the buyer, buying two of the same kind of item, make it a false claim? (shrug)

Many reasons for him to buy more than one of the same item.... gifts, for re-sale, OCD, the new purchase is not off-center, etc.

And no, Ebay will not remove the neg because a buyer bought another similar item.

If this was some of the posters in this thread accounts, would you be so quick to antagonize chase's buyer?

Chase... what does the guy want? What does he consider 5 star customer service from you? This is not some war you have to fight. Life's too short. Why let this scumbag waste anymore of your precious time?

Sorry office hours to teach you the knowing is closed :facepalm:

You kidding?

I'm not trying to pick a fight. But come on. The $145 book is off-center (not really from the photo I see) and the $89 will be better centered?

You kidding?

I'm not trying to pick a fight. But come on. The $145 book is off-center (not really from the photo I see) and the $89 will be better centered?

I'm not saying that at all. Re-read my posts. I agree with everyone here about the buyer lying through his teeth. But he is playing the system in his favor. You can't prove that the buyer is not simply buying another slab for a birthday gift, can you? What can you prove?

And how much do you think ebay actually cares about the seller? Nada.

The reality is the buyer holds all the cards on ebay. (Most of them anyway.) I'm still waiting to hear what the buyer actually wants as restitution for his "off-center" book.

With that info, and only with that info, can an educated decision be made by chase, on what to do next.

:)

You kidding?

I'm not saying that at all. Re-read my posts. I agree with everyone here about the buyer lying through his teeth. But he is playing the system in his favor. You can't prove that the buyer is simply buying another slab for a birthday gift, can you? What can you prove?

The reality is the buyer holds all the cards on ebay. (Most of them anyway.) I'm still waiting to hear what the buyer actually wants as restitution for his "off-center" book.

With that info, and only with that info, can an educated decision be made by chase, on what to do next.

The buyer wants a full refund. I haven't offered a partial yet. They said they don't want to pay $135 for an item they're not happy with.

I'm not saying that at all. Re-read my posts. I agree with everyone here about the buyer lying through his teeth. But he is playing the system in his favor. You can't prove that the buyer is not simply buying another slab for a birthday gift, can you? What can you prove?

Now that we all know the buyer went ahead and purchased a second example for a much cheaper price. that would be a great test is feel him out and ask what it would take to address their concern.

If he says full refund, then our friendly seller knows his next step should be to call Ebay and have a discussion about buyer remorse.

You kidding?

I'm not saying that at all. Re-read my posts. I agree with everyone here about the buyer lying through his teeth. But he is playing the system in his favor. You can't prove that the buyer is simply buying another slab for a birthday gift, can you? What can you prove?

The buyer wants a full refund. I haven't offered a partial yet. They said they don't want to pay $135 for an item they're not happy with.

Tell him to send your book,once received you will refund him his money.Then be done with him.Block him from buying from you again.

You kidding?

Please call Ebay. It is clear what he did.

Why do people think this might be a boardie?

Am I convinced it is a forumite? Not yet.

Am I convinced this person knows comics and what to look for? Yes

And worst-case after calling Ebay they tell the seller he has to take the book back if the buyer is not happy. But I would not get into a fight with the buyer, as that is a clear road to a negative.