• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ebay Case Opened Against Me?!?!

424 posts in this topic

Did the bidders ebay handle get posted so we can block him?

I'll post it in the forums once me and the buyer agree on a partial to make sure I don't get negged. If you want it now, shoot me a PM.

I can wait.

I had a buyer who tried to get me to end three auctions early(before any bids) I refused.

He then ended up winning al three at what ended up being twice his initial offer.

He gave me some trouble over Shipping so I was wondering if your guy might be same as mine

Raw 108's are still regularly selling for double cover. Not every sale but most of them.

So I should buy the stack my LCS still has on the shelf? What about the 109s they have??

hm

-slym

or the hundreds of blank 109's

I recently sold a CGC 9.8 comic on ebay. The buyer received the comic literally minutes ago and opened a case against me. Is the comic damaged? No. Was the shipping time too long? No. The response from the buyer was:

"Hello, I received the book today and I'm a little disappointed you didn't mention it wasn't centered. The picture in the listing is deceiving. I would like to resolve this. Any suggestions?"

Could anybody tell me what the heck this even means?!?! The picture in the listing WAS THE CGC GRADED COMIC THEY RECEIVED!

Hate to burn up my last post before the GRAND FINALE of that 10,00th post I am working on, but I just cannot sit back and let this go unanswered.

eBay has allowed every con, crook, scammer, lowlife, deadbeat, chiseling-lyin' BUYER out there to wreck havoc on any Seller.

I am in the midst of a HUGE PayPal war, a war started by some Modern-Drekkie punk who bought a Modern 2000 comic from me for $17.00 and change, pays for it, then decides that I ( NOT paraphrasing here - this is what the Gen Yer had the NERVE to post in his response to the Dispute process)" "Could not possibly know what a NM+ 9.6 grade is; using that disclamer of "approxomately( spc) grade" does not convince me. I know what I am doing here and this seller is constantly selling uber stuff, which cannot be possible. There are spine ticks and other defects that knock this comic down to 9.2. I want a full refund and his 25% restock fee is a crock. I won't settle for anything less and am going to slam this gouger a negative. he thinks he is something of a comic book dealer but they hate him on the very board of slabbed comics he frequents. they hate him for a reason; he is out to make money off of comic books. I saw that colum where his peers were hating on him because of this phony 25% restock fee. Me? I have been on eBay for 4 years, and comic Link for 3 years and have had numerous transactions enough to know that this seller needs to be kicked off eBay"

He sends the comic back, I refund him his $12.25 and WON the battle not to refund him his original shipping AND the return ship fees. He railed about that too, but I deleted that email.

BUT DURING THE LAST 8 business days PayPal FROZE my account. I owe in the area of $1,200 of items, par for the course for me. So today I can send out $500 of payments, and I have to put two CGC Boardies on hold, one of which I hold in the highest esteem, and the other is a newer Forumite, but nevertheless is counting on me.

Then my eBay account was "flagged" for "misconduct": I posted the following return feedback to this clown: "Remorse Buyer case; he NEVER sent eBay photos because I called eBay and asked!"

So now this clown not only has 12 Sellers mad at me, but cost me my Power Seller status I worked very hard for.

I call eBay and got this:

eBay: "You CANNOT give a negative remark while posting the Buyer a positive rating".

CAL: " But I spoke the TRUTH"

eBay: "Does not matter. We cannot have eBay's Buyers alienated via a retaliatory comment".

CAL: So what kind of comment am I to leave such a person( not the descriptive name I used over the phone)?"

eBay" it can ONLY be something like: ' good Buyer, paid fast', something like that."

CAL: " So even though you admitted to me that I am right, this IS a Buyers Remorse case, I can't call him out on it?"

eBay: "That's right. Using that 'Buyers remorse" comment tied into you using an eBay action invalidates your feedback comment. We also removed the comment per eBay guidelines"

CAL: " Well, lady, my eBay monthly bill is always over $1,000. Why don't you get that $1,000 from this pinhead piece of trash Buyer you seem to value so much?"

eBay: "We understand your frustration as a Seller. We are undertaking this "Buyers Program" where you can report such buyers, and if we gather enough evidence, we can kick those abusive buyers off our site".

CAL: "More eBay hot air. So unless this pinhead scams 100 Sellers in a one-month period, nothing will get done, right?"

eBay" "Wrong, Mr. Remington. We have had eBay's trust & safety look into hundreds of Buyer Abuse cases every week"

CAL: " And how is that going to get me my Power Seller Status back? How is that going to make ME, this Seller of record for this transaction xxxxxx. whole again?"

eBay: " Just be careful in the future wit your negative comments to our Buyers".

CAL: " What eBay needs is competition. Yahoo!Auctions only does Japan now, but had a far superior feedback system. Too bad. eBay is still scratching their heads and does not want to admit WHY they lost literally 10 million USA Sellers. It is for stupid reasons like this. The Sellers cannot post a negative against a deserving pinhead oxygen-wasting Buyer like this insufficiently_thoughtful_person here."

eBay: "Mr. Remington, I assure you that eBay takes your concerns into consideration. We have all the facts we need to make our decisions."

CAL: " Well if you knew everything about this case like you say, you would know that I am primarily a Buyer, not a Seller. Check my feedbacks."

eBay" " Oh, I see that now. That's great! You apparently know the other end of the stick, so to speak."

CAL: " Yes, I know that MANY of those Sellers that used to sell to me QUIT your company and sell to Comic Connect, Heritage, etc. They are specialty online sites, where the Buyer CANNOT EVER HARM the Seller."

I explained the consignment shops to her, to which she said to wish me good luck AND HUNG UP ON ME.

Of course when I furiously called back, I got a different girl, but the same call-center somewhere in Utah, where they pay them minimum wage.

The bottom line is that the BUYERS are king on eBay, and will continue to get away with anything they can.

The ONLY reason I started allowing returns is so I can burn them on that 25% restock fee. I get paid something( 25%) and get the product back and can resell it again. eBay has had that policy of the "item not as described" to which the BUYERS can force a return on the Seller, but if they do that and the "grading " is the dispute, you can slam that restock fee on them. I get this implemented because I have an extensive track record of successful sales. The BUYER is faced with sending me the comic and getting 75% of his/her money back, or just keeping it. Some, have tried this "tape damage" through the comic bags, but I no longer use tape of any kind. This has literally saved me $2K over the last year. The Buyers used to deliberately damage the item so as to get the Insurance claim filed. Now I am so mad at tem for that, I cry INSURANCE FRAUD and is it me or a coincidence that not ONE of those cases got moved forward???

Another scamster bid 34 of my items, but was left holding the bag with four, and they went $1 - 2.00-ish". He also threatened negatives against the ship costs, but I did win that case. Both cases I was able to get the negatives removed but STILL HAD TO FORWARD the emails to eBay EVEN THOUGH THEY ARE ON THE EBAY MESSAGING SYSTEM! What a crock! eBay bent over backwards to defend these insufficiently_thoughtful_person Buyers, and they also did not like Mr. Coates( my Attorney) send that cover letter regarding Sahakian, that scammer we discussed 6 months ago. It was worth $500 to get his negatives removed. eBay WILL obey a Court Order, but they really don't like that.

Sorry for this rantrant But this eBay Buyer Abuse has got to stop.

CAL still buys more than he sells on the only game in town, Feebay.

Some people are ignoring the golden rule here: treat others as you would expect to be treated. Let us say you purchase an item for above market value and it does not satisfy you 100% upon receipt. Now this is not the fault of the seller, nor the post office, nor anyone else. You are just not happy with it in person compared to what it looked like on a 21" computer screen. You contact the seller and would like a refund. What would you want as the resolution?

There are unscrupulous buyers out there. There are thiefs, liars, and cheats. This particular buyer, while annoying, is neither of these. No money loss has occured, just a miscommunication. Nothing to blame the seller. However, if aspiring to 5-star service, the reasonable course of action is to provide a no questions asked refund. I have done this to plenty of "stupid" customers who purchased Blu-Rays that would not play in their DVD drives, or PS2 games that would not boot up on their PS3 slim units, or who mistakenly thought a Magic TCG card is not mint even though it is pack fresh because of a 45-55 centering issue visible in the large scan. In either of these cases, all you want is a resolution that would be identical to the one you would seek if you happened to be on the other side of the fence, whether through your own fault or by an inadvertent outside party mistake.

Life is too short to care about a $125 transaction either way.

Did the bidders ebay handle get posted so we can block him?

I doubt you would need to . . . ;)

You may even want bidders like this, regardless of the end result. lol

I'll give you a hint.

Call ebay !!!!!! contact the seller of the new Auction. if its the same guy. and as far as getting Neg, ebay will remove that because of the false claim. clearly its a matter of over paying here.

It's him!

Dirtbag tactic to save money

Delete your post please. Before someone contacts the buyer, alerts him to this thread, and makes it impossible for chase to salvage this deal.

Not cool, bro.

If someone was to contact that buyer to upset this situation, that would tell you a lot of about them.

What is not cool is someone playing the games that he is playing. So better many of us are aware of this and don't have to learn the hard way when this buyer comes along.

;)

Delete your post please. Before someone contacts the buyer, alerts him to this thread, and makes it impossible for chase to salvage this deal.

Not cool, bro.

Not sure how un-cool this is - it's public information. And if the buyer was ever here (or had half a brain) he wouldn't be paying what he's paying for newly-minted books.

Haven't read but the first page of the thread but dumb question, 2 sold according to the eBay auction yet only one picture is shown?

So did he get the book/CGC Cert# that is pictured or a different copy?

Not cool, bro.

f that. thanks gsims for letting us know this dirtbag.

Uhhhhhh - I posted the information when I looked up his buying history.