• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ROUND 4 : Contest

338 posts in this topic

Hi Nikos Im pretty interested in the grade of the book and this contest! The team Im on is nice! We may not win the contest we may not even get any prizes.We are just looking for some respect and if this contest doesnt continue We will be given no chance to have a chance so please Post the Grade of the book and for round 5 also! Thanks

Davidking623

4B.jpg

My two cents. If DiceX {Steve} says he thought he submitted his grade but didn't I believe him. Being the hub for 4 people with pm's is kind of hectic. He is a honorable man, as well as the other forumites we are dealing with. This grading game is just for fun, and so far very educational in the way to grade CGC style. We should think of the rules more of guidelines and go from there. And a big thanks to Nikos61 and ultimatevenom for all there efforts. thumbsup2.gif

But you weren't HERE. You weren't on the "Who's Online" list, so you didn't get a PM. If YOU or ANY ONE of your teammates had been here, I would GUARANTEE that UV would have PMed you.

Again, BOTH times that I have received PMs have been FIVE minutes before the round closed. BOTH times I was here. NEITHER time was I given an option for an extension.

So, it has to be within 5 minutes? Is that written in the rules? I PM'd ComicManKev a couple of times within an hour or three of the deadline (I'm not sure of the exact timing, as I didn't keep a copy).

Since we'd been on time before, wouldn't it have been unusual that we were going to cut it so close?

The others were warned publicly in Round 2 or had a chance to at least ask if they were late.

I was monitoring this thread before the deadline. I could have answered but was not given the same opportunity others enjoyed.

Thanks,

Fan4Fan

"Within an hour or three of the deadline", yeah, UV should have known better. foreheadslap.gif All his fault. You're right.

Listen, Mr. Closed mind... look at Round 2 .

Go ahead... look. Warnings went out several hours (and sorry that I can't pinpoint the exact time I sent a PM for which I have no copy) early. No mention was made here.

If Dice already agreed to getting no points, I'll abide by that.

All I am saying is that we weren't warned like several other teams were.

Okay, then lets look at it from that angle:

NOWHERE is a "warning bell" said to be a "feature" of the game.

Does all this mean we should let EVERY team report late once? How long do we wait for each team? Hours? Days after the deadline?

I just think we need to look past the ends of our noses when we're considering how strictly we adhere to the rules which are in place.

It was a 9.0............................................................! 893whatthe.gif

Hey!

That pedigree got special treatment!

I demand we quit and start over! sumo.gif

stooges.gifshy.gifhi.gif

Does this mean Dixe X team get's half a point , or are we taking up his teams offer to give up their points this round .

Honestly Bill, I have no clue. Its UVs call, if he 893crossfingers-thumb.gif didnt quit.

Does all this mean we should let EVERY team report late once? How long do we wait for each team? Hours? Days after the deadline?

I just think we need to look past the ends of our noses when we're considering how strictly we adhere to the rules which are in place.

But it was used, so it became a feature by being used. In Round 2, there were almost 12 hours in which folks could check to see if they had submitted the grade.

I am not asking for time AFTER a deadline.... just the same courtesy of being informed BEFORE the deadline... just like other teams had.

Thanks,

Fan4Fan

For the LUV of G...., can we Please stop this war between you and MK, and same goes for MK, can we just put an end to this confused.gif

Sorry, Nikos.

It's done. Another bridge burned by the hot, licking flames of truth! wink.gif

Does this mean Dixe X team get's half a point , or are we taking up his teams offer to give up their points this round .

Honestly Bill, I have no clue. Its UVs call, if he 893crossfingers-thumb.gif didnt quit.

Maybe we should take up J_C ' S idea each team member get's to post their own grade then no one person is responsible .

I feel Dixe X 'S pain , two of my team voted 9.0 and two 8.5 I went with 8.5 bad call .

But it was used, so it became a feature by being used. In Round 2, there were almost 12 hours in which folks could check to see if they had submitted the grade.

I am not asking for time AFTER a deadline.... just the same courtesy of being informed BEFORE the deadline... just like other teams had.

Thanks,

Fan4Fan

You did get that same opportunity in the rounds where the warning was offered , but as it turned out, you had your grades in early.

NO ONE got a warning this time, as no warning was offered.

Look at it that way, if it helps you sleep at night.