• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ROUND 4 : Contest

338 posts in this topic

But you weren't HERE. You weren't on the "Who's Online" list, so you didn't get a PM. If YOU or ANY ONE of your teammates had been here, I would GUARANTEE that UV would have PMed you.

Again, BOTH times that I have received PMs have been FIVE minutes before the round closed. BOTH times I was here. NEITHER time was I given an option for an extension.

So, it has to be within 5 minutes? Is that written in the rules? I PM'd ComicManKev a couple of times within an hour or three of the deadline (I'm not sure of the exact timing, as I didn't keep a copy).

Since we'd been on time before, wouldn't it have been unusual that we were going to cut it so close?

The others were warned publicly in Round 2 or had a chance to at least ask if they were late.

I was monitoring this thread before the deadline. I could have answered but was not given the same opportunity others enjoyed.

Thanks,

Fan4Fan

I can't imagine how anyone could argue with the above?

I bet the Rule Breakers could.

Personally, I don't give a chimp's behind if I win or lose, I just like playing the game and having fun. A total lack of rules enforcement is not what I call fun, more like anarchy and chaos....

I agree and a rule breakers should stay out of it and let the rules speak.

MK, I respectfully disagree.

I'll do this once cause even I am bored by this endless back and forth.

1. There was no advantage gained by my team by my posting the grade by mistake. If there was some advantage gained,then define it or STFU. As for your opinion about what I or my team-mates should do, shove it up your butt. The last thing I would do is let my actions and decision be determined by jokers like you and JC. I did nothing to gain an advantage, I did not cheat. I will not allow myself or my team to be penalized for a simple slip. You want to talk about responsiblity? Then show up face to face and we'll sit down and talk about some real life issues. You don't have a friggin' clue, obviously. The judges ruled, so abide by it or find another contest Bozo.

2. There was no specific penalty previously described in the rules for posting a grade in the thread. Mine was the last grade entered, it had no effect on the outcome of that round, so it was at UVs discretion as to whether a penalty should be assessed at that point. It was decided there was none. So you my friend, are the one that is having trouble living by the judges decision. You endless ranting about it seems personal at this point. Would you still be ranting if our grade didn't happen to be correct? I doubt it.

3. No harm no foul. Your endless prattling and whining has done more damage to the contest than my small technical error. Your reaction to all this seems way out of proportion to the actual effect my mistake had on the contest. It had no effect. Are you that desperate to gain some advantage in this game that you need to screw other teams out of thier points? That's all it seems at this point, trying to screw us out of an honestly gained point, from a correct grade. I would suggest you pay more attention to your own grading efforts and less to the preceived infractions of another team.

4. Like I said, either quit moaning or take your ball and go home. You and JC just seem happier when you have something to cry about. Why don't you find something more important to throw your energies into. It's a game! You want everyone to abide by the rules. I suggest you abide by the judges decisions, the guys who made up the rules.

5. Finally, quit the preaching. Unless you have some new twist on this, can it. You're boring everyone to death.

Redhook

But you weren't HERE. You weren't on the "Who's Online" list, so you didn't get a PM. If YOU or ANY ONE of your teammates had been here, I would GUARANTEE that UV would have PMed you.

Again, BOTH times that I have received PMs have been FIVE minutes before the round closed. BOTH times I was here. NEITHER time was I given an option for an extension.

So, it has to be within 5 minutes? Is that written in the rules? I PM'd ComicManKev a couple of times within an hour or three of the deadline (I'm not sure of the exact timing, as I didn't keep a copy).

Since we'd been on time before, wouldn't it have been unusual that we were going to cut it so close?

The others were warned publicly in Round 2 or had a chance to at least ask if they were late.

I was monitoring this thread before the deadline. I could have answered but was not given the same opportunity others enjoyed.

Thanks,

Fan4Fan

"Within an hour or three of the deadline", yeah, UV should have known better. foreheadslap.gif All his fault. You're right.

For everyone's information...

I PM'd UV before I ever replied in this thread and told him not to give our team any points.

I'm the one that's going to stand up and take my medicine.

All you whining little [!@#%^&^], can go find something else to cry about.

Again, I apologize to my team. I [!@#%^&^] up.

To everyone else...Go rock yourself to sleep on John Holmes' lap.

devil.gif

you know he is dead right confused.gif

I will post the book, if all the moaning will end and we can continue this contest for the majority that still want to play.

JC as far as rules go, I have let UV have all say since he went through all the work.

I personally care about this contest, UV went through alot to set it up, all Im doing if giving out prizes,

SOooo what will it be people Yes or NO, do we continue and forget the BS, no more favors or freebies for any rule breaking from any team, no excuses what so ever from here out,

or do you wanna rmable on and do some more finger pointing.

Altogether now class, "sorry teacher".

Now, please may we put Round 4 in the books? 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

I will post the book, if all the moaning will end and we can continue this contest for the majority that still want to play.

JC as far as rules go, I have let UV have all say since he went through all the work.

I personally care about this contest, UV went through alot to set it up, all Im doing if giving out prizes,

SOooo what will it be people Yes or NO, do we continue and forget the BS, no more favors or freebies for any rule breaking from any team, no excuses what so ever from here out,

Post the grade and we can move on.

Hopefully with UV.

Tell him to check my poll.

It's running 15 to 1 for him to stay. flowerred.gif

CARRY ON!!!!! LET'S GRADE SOME SLABES !!!!!

On most boards I post on, everyone just sort of ignores the griefers. This board is unique. Fascinating and not fascinating all at once.

20 pages of posts scanned and mostly ignored and no money shot at the end. Gah!

Hey all.. hi.gif

Home sick today with a nasty cold that has all of my family down,and I AM all hopped up on cold meds insane.gif

I logged on to see whats up with the forum.. and WOW.. 893whatthe.gif

First off.. UV dont resign.. no decision that important needs to be made in the heat of the moment.

Secondly.. I wanted to add.. since I was a part of the first Grading Contest rule violation.(flinkgate).. and in my case..the rules were upheld to the letter.Verbatim in fact..(and later settled out of court.. thnx to the kindness of Buttboy)

So to now, not stick with what was in Black and White as the rules you set, at the start of the contest , seems a disservice to you, and also the participants.

If you were a true third party , entrusted to uphold the rules of the contest, then your work is made easy.

Did some one make a rule violation?.. if yes in anyway..then punishment must be handed down.

PERIOD(was the punishment for rule violations written along with the rules ?)

No matter if the person in violation is a nice person, or perhaps just made an honest, inadvertent mistake.

A violation is a violation, for the sake of being consistent, you gotta stik by what rules you set.

If only to let all those in the contest know.. if you mess up.. you pay a price.

period. sumo.gif

This was a contest intended to meet new people,and have fun with comics, but... being such as we are here on the forum..(competitive to a fault)

It has turned into the fracus we now see..

So UV, as you knew at the beggining of this contest.. with great power , comes great responsibility.

And you also knew the personalities of us forumites..

You need to rule with an iron fist bro.... so no one will question your command of the grading contest.

UV, I sure hope you dont resign.. and I really, really hope the contest does not come down to a .5 victory of margin.

Or everyone will cry foul.. game over man.. game over.. etc..

This has nothing to do with bring friends, or nice.. it is a contest with prizes.. and if rules are set.. then (like in flinkgate).. rules should be followed.. even if you have to go back..and make the penalties reto-active on past violations.

If they are in black and white.. it is only a matter of going back..and seeing what really was a violation.

I have no doubt as I read this thread.. most of this was a great way to vent.. pass time, and have fun..

I also dont doubt all of you are here to indeed grade comics, and have fun.

So I hope you all can get this worked out.. and are all able to live with the outcome in a civil manner.

And to end my rant.. I will post a photo of what really happens to you when you stay up all night hopping goofballs...as with Nick Nolte.. my Ellen satayed out too late.. and this was the result the next morning when she sobered up.

Let this be a lesson to all of you that think goofballs are not a serious problems with todays kids

Ellenbathhairsmall.JPG

Take care .. I am off to go take some more "cold meds"

sniff.. cough.. sneeze...

Ze-man

"Post the grade and we can move on.

Hopefully with UV.

Tell him to check my poll.

It's running 15 to 1 for him to stay. "

He probably voted himself off to get away from this cluster 893censored-thumb.gif.

Bottom line is every team is gonna miss a grade somewhere down the line. For those affected by the enforcement of the rules...take it on the chin and move on.

MK, I respectfully disagree.

I'll do this once cause even I am bored by this endless back and forth.

1. There was no advantage gained by my team by my posting the grade by mistake. If there was some advantage gained,then define it or STFU. As for your opinion about what I or my team-mates should do, shove it up your butt. The last thing I would do is let my actions and decision be determined by jokers like you and JC. I did nothing to gain an advantage, I did not cheat. I will not allow myself or my team to be penalized for a simple slip. You want to talk about responsiblity? Then show up face to face and we'll sit down and talk about some real life issues. You don't have a friggin' clue, obviously. The judges ruled, so abide by it or find another contest Bozo.

2. There was no specific penalty previously described in the rules for posting a grade in the thread. Mine was the last grade entered, it had no effect on the outcome of that round, so it was at UVs discretion as to whether a penalty should be assessed at that point. It was decided there was none. So you my friend, are the one that is having trouble living by the judges decision. You endless ranting about it seems personal at this point. Would you still be ranting if our grade didn't happen to be correct? I doubt it.

3. No harm no foul. Your endless prattling and whining has done more damage to the contest than my small technical error. Your reaction to all this seems way out of proportion to the actual effect my mistake had on the contest. It had no effect. Are you that desperate to gain some advantage in this game that you need to screw other teams out of thier points? That's all it seems at this point, trying to screw us out of an honestly gained point, from a correct grade. I would suggest you pay more attention to your own grading efforts and less to the preceived infractions of another team.

4. Like I said, either quit moaning or take your ball and go home. You and JC just seem happier when you have something to cry about. Why don't you find something more important to throw your energies into. It's a game! You want everyone to abide by the rules. I suggest you abide by the judges decisions, the guys who made up the rules.

5. Finally, quit the preaching. Unless you have some new twist on this, can it. You're boring everyone to death.

Redhook

Lot o' words there, 'Hook. Too bad your "Nice Guy" veneer is wearing so thin. 27_laughing.gif

You broke the rules. I never accused you of cheating, but you DID break the rules. You can't own up to your mistakes, that's fine. I'm not all that surprised by your response, to tell you the truth.

You think there's "no harm, no foul" here? Your "allowance" has now entitled EVERYONE ELSE to their OWN "allowance." Kudos to you, 'Hook. You made sure your team didn't take a hit and you opened the door for everyone else to do the same.

Oh, and my "endless prattling"? YOU'RE the one who's been here all day going on and on and on and on about all this... YOU'RE the one who spent all day the OTHER day reaming Joe about his opinion... does your accusatory finger-pointing only extend outward?

And the name-calling? And the "real life" bit? And the "shove it"?

That's guilty conscience-talk, "friend."

Hi Nikos Im pretty interested in the grade of the book and this contest! The team Im on is nice! We may not win the contest we may not even get any prizes.We are just looking for some respect and if this contest doesnt continue We will be given no chance to have a chance so please Post the Grade of the book and for round 5 also! Thanks

Davidking623

Thanks,

Fan4Fan

"Within an hour or three of the deadline", yeah, UV should have known better. foreheadslap.gif All his fault. You're right.

Listen, Mr. Closed mind... look at Round 2 .

Go ahead... look. Warnings went out several hours (and sorry that I can't pinpoint the exact time I sent a PM for which I have no copy) early. No mention was made here.

If Dice already agreed to getting no points, I'll abide by that.

All I am saying is that we weren't warned like several other teams were.