• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ROUND 4 : Contest

338 posts in this topic

I resign

Dude, you can't quit. It's not the 5th yet.

On a more serious note, you are doing a great job. Considering who you have to deal with on a daily basis here, I'm impressed you didn't quit before this thing got started. stooges.gif

Please stay... angel.gif

Personally I like a liberal interpretation of the rules. It's only a game after all, and it's suppose to be fun and not full of stress.

I agree, but one of the problems is the inconsistency.

For example, Banner posts a joke grade about one of the comics, and then is advised that if he posts another, he get a -1 demerit. What's up with that? Seems overally anal-strict to me.

Then we get serious rules transgressions like posting an actual grade and missing the deadline, and it's Waffle City. confused-smiley-013.gif

I resign

Well THAT sucks.

Let me guess, I'm gonna come the villain.. again. foreheadslap.gif

Nah, you're one of the few REASONABLE people here at this point. Less-noble people are more concerned with winning than adhering to the rules and keeping things "on the level" for everyone.

But if UV is out, then so am I.

He's been one of the true "good guys" around here, and I KNOW that he wouldn't with this contest just to tilt the table in someone else's favor... but "we're" putting him in an untenable situation. If you guys miss a round, or if you SCREW UP ('Hook), then TAKE THE PENALTY. Deal with it. The rules are rules are rules are rules.

Get over it.

UV, you've earned yourself a prize. I'll be sending you a pair of Greggy's panties in the morning.

And with that being said:

I hate you guys. cloud9.gif

Personally I like a liberal interpretation of the rules.

It's only a game after all, and it's suppose to be fun and not full of stress.

I'd hate my whole team to suffer if my PC went on the blink, and I couldn't get a grade in on time... flamed.gif

Sure this is fun but where does the "liberal interpretation" stop? As you can see this liberal interpretation is stressing everyone out. Not a lot of fun so far. confused-smiley-013.gif

I resign

Well THAT sucks.

Let me guess, I'm gonna come the villain.. again. foreheadslap.gif

Nah, you're one of the few REASONABLE people here at this point. Less-noble people are more concerned with winning than adhering to the rules and keeping things "on the level" for everyone.

But if UV is out, then so am I.

He's been one of the true "good guys" around here, and I KNOW that he wouldn't with this contest just to tilt the table in someone else's favor... but "we're" putting him in an untenable situation. If you guys miss a round, or if you SCREW UP ('Hook), then TAKE THE PENALTY. Deal with it. The rules are rules are rules are rules.

Get over it.

UV, you've earned yourself a prize. I'll be sending you a pair of Greggy's panties in the morning.

And with that being said:

I hate you guys. cloud9.gif

I don't want to be a part of the whining war or a begging war for that matter, but in this case, UV, let it slide right off your back as 99% of us support your decisions. There's always that 1% that wants to complain. Let them deal with it.

I've enjoyed the contest so far, don't let it end now!

Trolls will be trolls. If it wasn't for us they wouldn't have a job.

What's most amusing is that people seem to think it's okay to break rules, laws, etc. as long as you didn't intend to. Quite amusing to say the least.

I'm with JC - if you miss the deadline, you're out for that round. sumo.gif If you post a guess, you're out for that round. sumo.gif The rules seem simple enough. 893frustrated.gif

So why were other groups allowed to be warned but not us?

Why do birds suddenly appear...?

tongue.gif

Were any of you online at the time when the submission period was drawing to a close?

893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I've been checking in most of the day... since about 7 a.m. Central....

Thanks,

Fan4Fan

"Checking in"... meaning what? What I'm getting at is, WERE YOU HERE FIVE MINUTES BEFORE THE END OF THE SUBMISSION PERIOD?

The only reason MY team got "warned" is because I was SITTING here (visible on the Who's Online list) twiddling my thumbs and I was notified that our grade wasn't submitted yet.

I resign

Dude, you can't quit. It's not the 5th yet.

On a more serious note, you are doing a great job. Considering who you have to deal with on a daily basis here, I'm impressed you didn't quit before this thing got started. stooges.gif

Please stay... angel.gif

I would think quitting this contest is against the rules! flowerred.gif Please dont let this stop you from what you have started! Even though the team Im on is last were not quitting!

Davidking623

Trolls will be trolls. If it wasn't for us they wouldn't have a job.

What's most amusing is that people seem to think it's okay to break rules, laws, etc. as long as you didn't intend to. Quite amusing to say the least.

I'm with JC - if you miss the deadline, you're out for that round. sumo.gif If you post a guess, you're out for that round. sumo.gif The rules seem simple enough. 893frustrated.gif

So why were other groups allowed to be warned but not us?

Why do birds suddenly appear...?

tongue.gif

Were any of you online at the time when the submission period was drawing to a close?

893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I've been checking in most of the day... since about 7 a.m. Central....

Thanks,

Fan4Fan

"Checking in"... meaning what? What I'm getting at is, WERE YOU HERE FIVE MINUTES BEFORE THE END OF THE SUBMISSION PERIOD?

The only reason MY team got "warned" is because I was SITTING here (visible on the Who's Online list) twiddling my thumbs and I was notified that our grade wasn't submitted yet.

I was here reading the boards for several minutes on several occasions. I sent some PM's, answered a few. I could have been PM'd, no?

hi.gifHey Red!

I'm sorry but this sound like the sort of squabbling that would occur with 3rd graders playing dodgeball. insane.gif

It's a game...just a game. It's not as if your lives were hanging in the balance.

hi.gifHey Red!

I'm sorry but this sound like the sort of squabbling that would occur with 3rd graders playing dodgeball. insane.gif

It's a game...just a game. It's not as if your lives were hanging in the balance.

Speak for yourself. You have know idea what my wife will do if I don't come home with some of that sweet art...

Or...

Was that what she'll do if I DO come home with it...

893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Sorry MK. There was no penalty. You are just going to have to get over that.

Now what took your [!@#%^&^] so long to get here?

There was no penalty but there WAS an infraction. You weren't penalized because you all got to jump all over JC for his jumping all over the fact that there wasn't a penalty! (A nice circuitous flow there, donchathink?)

YOU should have taken responsibility for your actions, YOUR TEAM should have supported you in that decision, and there shouldn't have been any further discussion about it. You broke the rules, you take your medicine like a good boy.

DiceX's team needs to do the same thing and accept that THEY [!@#%^&^] up and NOBODY submitted a score... thus, they get NO POINTS for this round. Someone needs to be accountable for the infractions (or "non-scoring errors") that are taking place and are inevitably GOING to take place.

I understand that it's going to be tough to tell three other people, "Dang, I [!@#%^&^] up. We lost points." But that's how it's going to have to be for this whole thing to work.

It's a bitter pill.