• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ROUND 4 : Contest

338 posts in this topic

hi.gifHey Red!

I'm sorry but this sound like the sort of squabbling that would occur with 3rd graders playing dodgeball. insane.gif

It's a game...just a game. It's not as if your lives were hanging in the balance.

Speak for yourself. You have know idea what my wife will do if I don't come home with some of that sweet art...

Or...

Was that what she'll do if I DO come home with it...

893scratchchin-thumb.gif

We owe UV and Nikos a case of fine Scotch acclaim.gif

But it is OK for you to get warned so that you can submit a grade?

confused-smiley-013.gif

I'm not saying we should get points, I'm simply pointing out that we're being treated differently than others.

Precedent, ma boy... Precedent!

hi.gifHey Red!

I'm sorry but this sound like the sort of squabbling that would occur with 3rd graders playing dodgeball. insane.gif

It's a game...just a game. It's not as if your lives were hanging in the balance.

mine is.

Oh poor Newt...I really hope for the best for you guys flowerred.gif

hi.gifHey Red!

mine is.

Oh poor Newt...I really hope for the best for you guys flowerred.gif

flowerred.gif

Trolls will be trolls. If it wasn't for us they wouldn't have a job.

What's most amusing is that people seem to think it's okay to break rules, laws, etc. as long as you didn't intend to. Quite amusing to say the least.

I'm with JC - if you miss the deadline, you're out for that round. sumo.gif If you post a guess, you're out for that round. sumo.gif The rules seem simple enough. 893frustrated.gif

So why were other groups allowed to be warned but not us?

Why do birds suddenly appear...?

tongue.gif

Were any of you online at the time when the submission period was drawing to a close?

893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I've been checking in most of the day... since about 7 a.m. Central....

Thanks,

Fan4Fan

"Checking in"... meaning what? What I'm getting at is, WERE YOU HERE FIVE MINUTES BEFORE THE END OF THE SUBMISSION PERIOD?

The only reason MY team got "warned" is because I was SITTING here (visible on the Who's Online list) twiddling my thumbs and I was notified that our grade wasn't submitted yet.

I was here reading the boards for several minutes on several occasions. I sent some PM's, answered a few. I could have been PM'd, no?

But you weren't HERE. You weren't on the "Who's Online" list, so you didn't get a PM. If YOU or ANY ONE of your teammates had been here, I would GUARANTEE that UV would have PMed you.

Again, BOTH times that I have received PMs have been FIVE minutes before the round closed. BOTH times I was here. NEITHER time was I given an option for an extension.

What fools have we been over in the modern forum.. where we are discussing how terrible Bendis is for making the Avengers such a Soap Opera. All we had to do was come to the Grading thread and see that obviously all the comic geeks really do like Soaps.

If this keeps up we're all going to have get off the computer and actually talk to our wives or significant other. Heck, I might even go talk to the mother-in-law at this point.

But it is OK for you to get warned so that you can submit a grade?

confused-smiley-013.gif

I'm not saying we should get points, I'm simply pointing out that we're being treated differently than others.

Precedent, ma boy... Precedent!

I've addressed this. You're not being treated differently except in that YOU got an extension where others have been held to a stricter standard.

Would you care to debate this further?

If this keeps up we're all going to have get off the computer and actually talk to our wives or significant other. Heck, I might even go talk to the mother-in-law at this point.

Now that's taking it a bit too far, don't ya think? 893naughty-thumb.gif

this is all dice's fault 27_laughing.gifthumbsup2.gif

Sorry this is all UV 'S fault .

All he had to do was say sorry guys you messed up try again next round .

The rules were posted ages ago .

What Bill said but rather than point any fingers let's just play by the rules and anyone who screwed up (now or in previous rounds) has to take his medicine as prescribed by the rules. By bending the rules we have pi$$ed off everyone and now the contest has ground to a halt. WTF? Arguement's over, now UV post the grade and let's move on to the next round. sumo.gif

I can't imagine how anyone could argue with the above?

hi.gifHey Red!

Speak for yourself. You have know idea what my wife will do if I don't come home with some of that sweet art...

Or...

Was that what she'll do if I DO come home with it...

893scratchchin-thumb.gif

We owe UV and Nikos a case of fine Scotch acclaim.gif

flink are you insane "GOOF-BALLS+SCOTCH=DEATH BY TOXIC SHOCK 893whatthe.gif27_laughing.gif

is anyone posting anywhere else?

this is all dice's fault 27_laughing.gifthumbsup2.gif

Sorry this is all UV 'S fault .

All he had to do was say sorry guys you messed up try again next round .

The rules were posted ages ago .

What Bill said but rather than point any fingers let's just play by the rules and anyone who screwed up (now or in previous rounds) has to take his medicine as prescribed by the rules. By bending the rules we have pi$$ed off everyone and now the contest has ground to a halt. WTF? Arguement's over, now UV post the grade and let's move on to the next round. sumo.gif

The grade is a 9.0

I bet the Rule Breakers could.

Personally, I don't give a chimp's behind if I win or lose, I just like playing the game and having fun. A total lack of rules enforcement is not what I call fun, more like anarchy and chaos....

I bet the Rule Breakers could.

Personally, I don't give a chimp's behind if I win or lose, I just like playing the game and having fun. A total lack of rules enforcement is not what I call fun, more like anarchy and chaos....

You mean "anarchy and mayhem", right JC? shy.gif

For everyone's information...

I PM'd UV before I ever replied in this thread and told him not to give our team any points.

I'm the one that's going to stand up and take my medicine.

All you whining little [!@#%^&^], can go find something else to cry about.

Again, I apologize to my team. I [!@#%^&^] up.

To everyone else...Go rock yourself to sleep on John Holmes' lap.

devil.gif

I will post the book, if all the moaning will end and we can continue this contest for the majority that still want to play.

JC as far as rules go, I have let UV have all say since he went through all the work.

I personally care about this contest, UV went through alot to set it up, all Im doing if giving out prizes,

SOooo what will it be people Yes or NO, do we continue and forget the BS, no more favors or freebies for any rule breaking from any team, no excuses what so ever from here out,

or do you wanna rmable on and do some more finger pointing.

For everyone's information...

I PM'd UV before I ever replied in this thread and told him not to give our team any points.

I'm the one that's going to stand up and take my medicine.

All you whining little [!@#%^&^], can go find something else to cry about.

Again, I apologize to my team. I [!@#%^&^] up.

To everyone else...Go rock yourself to sleep on John Holmes' lap.

devil.gif

Good for you.