• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ROUND 4 : Contest

338 posts in this topic

WTF happened this time. I finally had a chance to log on onle to see 200+ new posts.

UV PMing me to tell me he is quiting this 893censored-thumb.gif.

Can we please stop with all this rambling on for just minute.

Trolls will be trolls. If it wasn't for us they wouldn't have a job.

What's most amusing is that people seem to think it's okay to break rules, laws, etc. as long as you didn't intend to. Quite amusing to say the least.

I'm with JC - if you miss the deadline, you're out for that round. sumo.gif If you post a guess, you're out for that round. sumo.gif The rules seem simple enough. 893frustrated.gif

So why were other groups allowed to be warned but not us?

Why do birds suddenly appear...?

tongue.gif

Were any of you online at the time when the submission period was drawing to a close?

893scratchchin-thumb.gif

WTF happened this time. I finally had a chance to log on onle to see 200+ new posts.

UV PMing me to tell me he is quiting this 893censored-thumb.gif.

Can we please stop with all this rambling on for just minute.

UV had to do another rules interpretation and some people are 893censored-thumb.gif ...

tonofbricks.gifsorry.gif

UV....please don't resign!

Look guys.....considering this is the very first time this format has been tried, could we just lighten up and think of this as a work-in-progress? And yeah, I know JC will see of course I should see it that way, I was the beneficiary of the first "big break" (jeez!).

But really, I'm enjoying this contest too much,...and UV and Nikos have done a great job just conceiving of this thing. JC....if you can do better, shut the hell up already, and simply create the "perfect" format and we'll use it next time.

And yes, I think there should be liberal handing out of "breaks" in this first time around. Nikos and UV could not possibly have anticipated every possible scenario. Let them upgrade the rules every round if they want to. Again.....it's a work-in-progress!

Personally, I trust everybody who is a regular poster on these boards, including JC. I really don't think anyone would cheat. I think we should proceed on that assumption, with no one questioning anyone else.

And JC......who respects AU-THOR-I-TIE........well, for this game, UV and Nikos are the Ultimate Authority, so give them the respect they deserve, keep your griping to a minimum and let them run the competition. And if we're all such , you'll win by half a dozen points anyway.

So let UV and Nikos run this damn thing, quit griping, and give them a damn break and a little thanks for putting up with all of us!

Trolls will be trolls. If it wasn't for us they wouldn't have a job.

What's most amusing is that people seem to think it's okay to break rules, laws, etc. as long as you didn't intend to. Quite amusing to say the least.

I'm with JC - if you miss the deadline, you're out for that round. sumo.gif If you post a guess, you're out for that round. sumo.gif The rules seem simple enough. 893frustrated.gif

So why were other groups allowed to be warned but not us?

Why do birds suddenly appear...?

tongue.gif

Were any of you online at the time when the submission period was drawing to a close?

893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I've been checking in most of the day... since about 7 a.m. Central....

Thanks,

Fan4Fan

Personally I like a liberal interpretation of the rules.

It's only a game after all, and it's suppose to be fun and not full of stress.

I'd hate my whole team to suffer if my PC went on the blink, and I couldn't get a grade in on time... flamed.gif