• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

FCBD - what's happening in your area?

30 posts in this topic

So to the best of my knowledge a few sales but no appearances happening in the Chattanooga, TN area which makes me think bummer. Maybe I should make a road trip. I thought this might be a good place to post up what everyone's LCS plans on doing and any appearances. It would be real nice to hear about something within a 2 hour radius of Chattanooga....

My LCS is celebrating but it's a tiny shop and the only one around for like nearly 100 miles so I don't think I'll go in that day and deal with the crowds. At my LCS it's one free comic, two if you buy something (which I imagine includes pull lists so I'd get two) and three if you show up in costume.

The LCS here (Ultimate Comics) is seemingly offering everything but food and naked dancing girls.

I am avoiding that place like the plague next Saturday.

-slym

I know of a place that will have food and scantly clad cosplay ladies as well as plenty of free comics. 4 Color Comics in Rancho Cucamonga for anyone in the Inland Empire area. I've driven all the way out from Indio for their FCBD and was not disappointed. I won't be doing it this year, but if I make any FCBD plans it will be to go there again.

Read More Comics in Brandon, Fl will have every comic in the store for $1. 25% off all graphic novels, discounts on statues, action figures and will have myself and another local artist doing free head sketches.

386921_516448341726050_368758066_n.jpg

Here's an example of the free sketches I'll be doing

Read More Comics in Brandon, Fl will have every comic in the store for $1. 25% off all graphic novels, discounts on statues, action figures and will have myself and another local artist doing free head sketches.

See, now that's just cool. Local artists and cheap books! :applause:

FCBD can just be a pain. Little kids running all around and just mayhem. Add to that most places limit your selection to 1-4 books and it's just kind of lame. When I lived in NH and was really personable with the guys at this small shop there, I would just go in and get 2 each copies of a few books I wanted and they were cool with that. Here in Orlando, most places won't let you do that.

FCBD can just be a pain. Little kids running all around and just mayhem. Add to that most places limit your selection to 1-4 books and it's just kind of lame. When I lived in NH and was really personable with the guys at this small shop there, I would just go in and get 2 each copies of a few books I wanted and they were cool with that. Here in Orlando, most places won't let you do that.

Come to the Tampa area none of the shops are like that.

SORRY FREE COMIC BOOK DAY HAS BEEN FULLY ALLOCATED ONLINE FOR THIS YEAR!

apparently FP don't care about the people willing to actually visit the stores

Travelling Man will have it as usual and (deservedly) take all of FP's business for the day.

What time do you guys/they open? With those deals its going to be packeddddddd.

I get back in town Friday and plan on touring around to everywhere. RMC was #2 on my stop, but it might have been bumped up to the #1 spot lol

What time do you guys/they open? With those deals its going to be packeddddddd.

I get back in town Friday and plan on touring around to everywhere. RMC was #2 on my stop, but it might have been bumped up to the #1 spot lol

Doors open at 11am. All comics, new releases and back issues will be $1, last year it was crazy.

I'll be sketching from Open until about 5 or 6ish. So come say Hi.

In the store I own, we have a big sale. I havent been able to find any local artists/writers to come in unfortunately and we have done some dress up charactters in the past. We have giveaways and bonuses for spending money.

I usually have some leftover FCBD books from previous years and some comics that I hit the wrong button on order and we give those away to anyone. I try and limit the new FCBD books to 3 per each person. However, if you spend money in my store that day, you can take what you want.

I did find some good old FCBD books stored away in the storeroom this week while preparing. About a dozen copies of sixth gun fcbd edition from 2010 along with some of the gi joe ones, Revival, umbrella academy, and the like. Also have about 200 of the mouse guard hc to deal with still.