• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Rat Queens - Kurtis J. Wiebe, Meg Dejmal, John Upchurch
2 2

1,617 posts in this topic

Issue 7 pages are now up! ;)

The acetate overlays look great on the pages.

Thanks! (thumbs u

I was originally going to color in the backs of the balloons white so they would stand out more, but then decided that I like the more "naked" look of being able to see the art behind the balloons. Hopefully this will be a popular decision (and if not, well...the buyers can always color them if they prefer). ;)

Yes please. Thanks for remembering me. (thumbs u

I'm afraid I struck out on this.

They did have one copy left, but it was quite mangled, so I didn't buy it.

Sorry :(

:applause:

I appreciate the thought and the effort. This board is great and the people on it are even better. Thanks for looking for them. (thumbs u

Roc will be attending San Diego Comic-Con this week with fellow Comiconart artists Mico Suayan, Emanuel Simeoni, and Gabo! We will be sharing space at the Big Wow booth (#5002). Roc will have books, original art, and new art prints. He will also be accepting a few commissions as time allows. Stop by and say HI!

RQ_SDCC_zpscfd54171.jpg

This series is such a breath of fresh air for me. I'm still enjoying every issue!

If theres any title that Im truly believing in at the moment its RQ. It has such a solid fan base that is not influenced by speculation. Appeals to a wider demographic and is getting stronger by the day. Here's to hoping it doesnt get picked by Archie ;)

Oh, there's all kinds of speculation around this series now.

Too late for that.

Agreed, but this book had and still does have a solid fan base even prior to the speculation. And a TV show is just inevitable for this title regardless of the age we live in where every schmock who has an uncle in Hollywood announces a Movie/Show.

Onward and forward!

Oh, there's all kinds of speculation around this series now.

Too late for that.

Agreed, but this book had and still does have a solid fan base even prior to the speculation. And a TV show is just inevitable for this title regardless of the age we live in where every schmock who has an uncle in Hollywood announces a Movie/Show.

Onward and forward!

I do agree from the standpoint that some of the optioned properties these days seem to get hot based solely on the option rather than any legitimate interest in the property as a result of a quality product. RQ has an incredibly fervent fan base that preceded the hype of the option, though the option itself definitely stoked the flames a bit.

I will say this: While options rarely ever pan out into an actual TV show, I do think the odds are a bit better on RQ - if only because it was optioned by Peter Jackson's animation company WETA, with the intent to produce the show themselves. That is a far cry from a producer optioning a property in the hopes of finding a studio / financial backers / writers / etc, etc.