• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Rat Queens - Kurtis J. Wiebe, Meg Dejmal, John Upchurch
2 2

1,617 posts in this topic

If you're talking about what I think you're talking about.

I'm going to let the courts decide before coming up with an opinion. Roc has always been a cool guy at shows, so its seems like there might be a littler more truth in his story than hers but its a he-said she-said scenario.

:eek:

"It’s especially difficult when you recognize that stopping your monetary support of said content also punishes the other, not-problematic people who work hard on the final product. You are still allowed to enjoy the content you enjoyed before; but it’s also important to recognize something like this has happened, so that you can make your own informed decision about how you feel about further supporting that particular creator’s work."

hm

I wonder if his actions will affect support for this title; especially from female fans.

I hope not but that's going to be a decision that each individual has to make. There are a lot of people involved in producing this book besides the artist. Kurtis has been a great guy in interviews and on this board. I personally don't believe in punishing many to hurt one. I also don't believe that hurting him financially improves here situation. Hopefully this is an anomaly in his life. 2c

"It’s especially difficult when you recognize that stopping your monetary support of said content also punishes the other, not-problematic people who work hard on the final product. You are still allowed to enjoy the content you enjoyed before; but it’s also important to recognize something like this has happened, so that you can make your own informed decision about how you feel about further supporting that particular creator’s work."

hm

I wonder if his actions will affect support for this title; especially from female fans.

Did it hurt Sonny & Cher or Tina & Ike? Chris-Riri? Whitney Bobby...

In pop culture, the sad reality is, that drama pushes sales..

My deepest thoughts to the Upchurch family

hm

Did it hurt Sonny & Cher or Tina & Ike? Chris-Riri? Whitney Bobby...

In pop culture, the sad reality is, that drama pushes sales..

My deepest thoughts to the Upchurch family

I think it's pretty clear that it did for a few of your examples. Like the article says each individual can make their own informed decision about how they feel about further supporting that particular creator’s work and domestic violence is a topic that is very much in the public's eye right now. I just hope things turn out well for the Upchurch family.

I'm guessing that was a mutual agreement since they were both creators of the series. Wonder if he will get residuals from the (hopeful) tv show.

I suppose it's possible to mentally remove the persons work from the person (though not in this day and age)..I've read that Edison was a really bad guy who abused his assistants with x-rays but we still use the light bulb.

Edited by krighton

Roc will no longer be illustrating Rat Queens. I'm at work, so I can't link the article, I'm sure someone can find it, but if not I'll link it when I get home from work.

Edit: Also, didn't have time to fact check the article, so if its BS, apologies.

Edit: Kurtis Wiebe's comments

Edited by AntBrown