• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Rat Queens - Kurtis J. Wiebe, Meg Dejmal, John Upchurch
2 2

1,617 posts in this topic

Outside of the "nudity" panel, is there any other reason why #6 is generating so much interest? Looking at my current listing of multiples on eBay, it is the most viewed issue and has the most watchers by a longshot.

Supply and Demand?

It's the first issue after the TPB, which may have picked up new readers. LCS owners may not have accounted for this, which is why #7 had a print run of approximately 1500 more than #6.

I knew #1 was starting to heat up a bit because of the option, but didn't know about the other issues until Authority pointed it out. Hopefully it keeps gaining readers. It'd be nice if Image had three books that held their own against the Big Two every month.

Outside of the "nudity" panel, is there any other reason why #6 is generating so much interest? Looking at my current listing of multiples on eBay, it is the most viewed issue and has the most watchers by a longshot.

Supply and Demand?

It's the first issue after the TPB, which may have picked up new readers. LCS owners may not have accounted for this, which is why #7 had a print run of approximately 1500 more than #6.

I knew #1 was starting to heat up a bit because of the option, but didn't know about the other issues until Authority pointed it out. Hopefully it keeps gaining readers. It'd be nice if Image had three books that held their own against the Big Two every month.

+1

It has nothing to do with the nudity on page 1, and everything to do with it being the first issue after the TPB.

Supply and Demand?

+1

It has nothing to do with the nudity on page 1, and everything to do with it being the first issue after the TPB.

Possibly. I just find it odd that the book is so popular all of the sudden.

FWIW, someone did hit the BIN this afternoon on my #6A - so that makes it #4, #5, and #6 cover A (all 3) at $14.99 apiece. #1 1st is still sitting, though.

Supply and Demand?

+1

Possibly. I just find it odd that the book is so popular all of the sudden.

FWIW, someone did hit the BIN this afternoon on my #6A - so that makes it #4, #5, and #6 cover A (all 3) at $14.99 apiece. #1 1st is still sitting, though.

I'm not surprised by the higher #s bringing the $ and especially since each issue has 2 covers. I think #1 will still be the book to get when it's all said and done. Are there any other series you can think of where #s 2-6 bring more than #1 ? (shrug)

I picked up a #2 cover B at Boston Comic Con over the weekend for $3. Didn't see any other Rat Queens issues at the show, though I wasn't specifically looking either.

:applause:

Nice buy !

+1... I've been to a few shows since the announcement and I rarely [if ever] see any RQ books on shelves or in long boxes. If I happen to check out a LCS on a whim I can usually luck into a pair of issues.

rat BOOB

I just wanted to see that quoted. Not every day you hear the phrase rat BOOB

apparently you don't go to Jersey very much....

I thought I recognized some the landscapes in the page backgrounds lol