• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Rat Queens - Kurtis J. Wiebe, Meg Dejmal, John Upchurch
2 2

1,617 posts in this topic

Roc will no longer be illustrating Rat Queens. I'm at work, so I can't link the article, I'm sure someone can find it, but if not I'll link it when I get home from work.

Edit: Also, didn't have time to fact check the article, so if its BS, apologies.

Yeah it's no BS, it came straight from Kurtis

http://kurtiswiebe.com/2014/11/21/my-statement-on-the-rat-queens-news/

Roc will no longer be illustrating Rat Queens. I'm at work, so I can't link the article, I'm sure someone can find it, but if not I'll link it when I get home from work.

Edit: Also, didn't have time to fact check the article, so if its BS, apologies.

Yeah it's no BS, it came straight from Kurtis

http://kurtiswiebe.com/2014/11/21/my-statement-on-the-rat-queens-news/

Yea, on my mobile I didn't realize it was actually his web page I had been linked to. I'm bummed about the whole situation.

Here's what I dont understand.. Roc's bond was 750, which makes me think that this is the first time hes been arrested. His wife clearly made a mistake by posting her thoughts on this on a blog, then took it down. This seems to me like a terrible incident, NOT domestic abuse. There was a fight. Sadly, these things happen but they are not always domestic abuse. None of the reports suggest that Roc has a long history of domestic abuse.

Again, I dont know what happened, but something tells me this is blown out of proportion, if there's anyone to blame here its the media.

Edited by Aweandlorder

Here's what I dont understand.. Roc's bond was 750, which makes me think that this is the first time hes been arrested. His wife clearly made a mistake by posting her thoughts on this on a blog, then took it down. This seems to me like an terrible incident, NOT domestic abuse. There was a fight. Sadly, these things happen but they are not always domestic abuse. None of the reports suggest that Roc has a long history of domestic abuse.

Again, I dont know what happened, but something tells me this is blown out of proportion, if there's anyone to blame here its the media.

Not speaking one way or another on what happened, no desire to speculate on that. But no prior history wouldn't eliminate the possibility of domestic abuse.

Here's what I dont understand.. Roc's bond was 750, which makes me think that this is the first time hes been arrested. His wife clearly made a mistake by posting her thoughts on this on a blog, then took it down. This seems to me like an terrible incident, NOT domestic abuse. There was a fight. Sadly, these things happen but they are not always domestic abuse. None of the reports suggest that Roc has a long history of domestic abuse.

Not speaking one way or another on what happened, no desire to speculate on that. But no prior history wouldn't eliminate the possibility of domestic abuse.

I understand that. Here's what I dont get, we dont know yet what happened and Roc is out already?? Lets all look at this proportionately please

When women make up a huge portion of your fanbase, you're not going to get much leeway on domestic violence allegations. Good call by Kurtis/Image.

The entire domestic abuse is HUGE right now. Look at the NFL and NHL and how the quick decisions and intense moves quickly lead to controversy.

This seems to me like a terrible incident, NOT domestic abuse. There was a fight. Sadly, these things happen but they are not always domestic abuse.

I dont know what happened, but something tells me this is blown out of proportion, if there's anyone to blame here its the media.

:facepalm:

no prior history wouldn't eliminate the possibility of domestic abuse.

Smart statement...

When women make up a huge portion of your fanbase, you're not going to get much leeway on domestic violence allegations. Good call by Kurtis/Image.

The entire domestic abuse is HUGE right now. Look at the NFL and NHL and how the quick decisions and intense moves quickly lead to controversy.

This is what I was saying from jump. I didn't imagine it would play out like this where he's off the title, but in light of recent events, domestic violence is a hot topic right now and no-action would probably have been met with strict criticism which may have led to a part of the fan-base boycotting the book.

Until it all gets cleared up, I agree that Wiebe's decision is the the best one he could have made right now.

I think Roc and his family have more important issues to deal with.

Kurtis made the the right, and probably only, decision he could.

Sad in every way.

He can't just stop publishing the book, and the backlash that would have happened if he didn't let Roc go would have been huge.

I think Roc and his family have more important issues to deal with.

Kurtis made the the right, and probably only, decision he could.

Sad in every way.

He can't just stop publishing the book, and the backlash that would have happened if he didn't let Roc go would have been huge.

Yea, agree with everything you said here.

Glad to hear you're moving forward with the book Kurtis! Sorry to see a serious roadblock like this come up.