• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Rat Queens - Kurtis J. Wiebe, Meg Dejmal, John Upchurch
2 2

1,617 posts in this topic

B. You're a stand up guy.

+1

C. Jury is out on The Authority

:gossip: I know an excellent a attorney buddy of ours can help sell me. :grin:

...and then... We the jury find the defendant GUILTY.

I really hope that they can keep to the current release schedule of 1 per month. The loss of momentum in a title can really kill its following. I didn't keep up with it for other reasons, but now I'm scarfing up back issues with abandon. The reality is that you can have the best story and artwork in the world, but if you produce 1 comic every 4 months in a comic with slow pacing, no one's going to buy it.

It's very sad that things turned south for Upchurch, as I think his artistic style was perfect for this genre. But I'm optimistic about Sejic.

Issue #1 was one of the best (definitely in the top 5) comics I've read in the past 2 years.

-Terry

Eight issues straight from January through to September (well, almost, missed an issue in February) , with Vol.2 coming out next month.

Committed to being on time and with Stjepan on board, we'll make it happen.

:taptaptap:

Title Release date

Rat Queens #9 March 4

Rat Queens #10 April 8

May

June

July

Rat Queens #11 August 19 ?

Stjepan Sejic became seriously ill after finishing issue 10 and had to drop off. Originally we were going to wait until he recovered so he could resume (hence the delay through May and June) but his condition worsened and we told him to rest and we'd find a new team.

Which we did, and they took end of June until last week to finish issue #11, with it coming out on August 19th.

That's the reality that comic buyers don't seem to understand. If we become sick or face other life problems, there is no one else to pick up the slack. We aren't Marvel or DC where we just fill in with people on the spot. It can take months to recover from an event like that.

As for Panzerfaust, Tyler hasn't been able to work on it because he hadn't made money on it in, at the very minimum, six issues. It's hard to commit full time to something when you can't make any money.

Have a kickstarter for the final 2 issues and get it done. 2c

I really hope that they can keep to the current release schedule of 1 per month. The loss of momentum in a title can really kill its following. I didn't keep up with it for other reasons, but now I'm scarfing up back issues with abandon. The reality is that you can have the best story and artwork in the world, but if you produce 1 comic every 4 months in a comic with slow pacing, no one's going to buy it.

It's very sad that things turned south for Upchurch, as I think his artistic style was perfect for this genre. But I'm optimistic about Sejic.

Issue #1 was one of the best (definitely in the top 5) comics I've read in the past 2 years.

-Terry

Eight issues straight from January through to September (well, almost, missed an issue in February) , with Vol.2 coming out next month.

Title Release date

Rat Queens #9 March 4

Rat Queens #10 April 8

May

June

July

Stjepan Sejic became seriously ill after finishing issue 10 and had to drop off. Originally we were going to wait until he recovered so he could resume (hence the delay through May and June) but his condition worsened and we told him to rest and we'd find a new team.

Which we did, and they took end of June until last week to finish issue #11, with it coming out on August 19th.

That's the reality that comic buyers don't seem to understand. If we become sick or face other life problems, there is no one else to pick up the slack. We aren't Marvel or DC where we just fill in with people on the spot. It can take months to recover from an event like that.

As for Panzerfaust, Tyler hasn't been able to work on it because he hadn't made money on it in, at the very minimum, six issues. It's hard to commit full time to something when you can't make any money.

Excellent :idea:

lol

I don't read the series but I would contribute so the series could end. Seems like a shame to leave it hanging. Make it happen Kurtis. The fans will support it.

B. You're a stand up guy.

+1

C. Jury is out on The Authority

:gossip: I know an excellent a attorney buddy of ours can help sell me. :grin:

Are you certified and graded by CGC? Blue label or yellow? And if so what is your overall grade. lol

Anyone have GPA on this one of a kind item?

Edited by natevegas

-Terry

Title Release date

Rat Queens #9 March 4

Rat Queens #10 April 8

May

June

July

Yea no doubt. I really don't understand why more guys don't do this.

Figure out how much it will take to make it worthwhile for Tyler to finish the last 2 books, set the amount and see what happens. Worst case it does go through.....no harm no foul. Best case....Kurtis and Tyler make some money and all the fans are happy.

I know I would toss some nice coin their way

I'd probably grade somewhere between good and very good :P

Then you are a couple grades higher than I am. I've got some staples popped and several yellow pieces of tape holding my bindings together maybe a 3.0 on a good day. lol

I'm no comic company genius but how come Kurtis and Tyler and the rest of the Wiebe gang aren't making any $?

I think that sucks balls.

Both PP and RQ have that "Midas" touch.....in fact practically everything Kurtis touches is either optioned or speculated to be optioned.....the fans go nuts and the world continues to turn.

How come there's NO $ to be made in that effort? You'd think there'd be some BBC scratch since they've been in some stage of development with PP. Don't they have to pay cash to get those options?

Isn't PP creator owned? Doesn't that cash go to you guys?

What about RQ.....being developed similarly by the folks that did Heavy Metal? Same dealio...it can't cost NOTHING to option and develop animation.....

Someone please explain this most unrighteous situation.