• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Rat Queens - Kurtis J. Wiebe, Meg Dejmal, John Upchurch
2 2

1,617 posts in this topic

I watched 1/2 of the first season and couldn't get into it...

It gets better. It's a show that is at times serious, but other times parodies itself. And it's yet another example of a CW show that provides what the fans want (ala Flash). I suggest you give it another whirl.

I ran a Rat Queens D&D game with Felicia over the weekend.

She played Violet.

tumblr_nn2akrDaKc1rz6qqno1_540.jpg

Edited for people with heightened sensitivity to words :wink:

Edited by accessndx

Now before some runaway train gets rolling about the prior post....

We all know K-man is happily married with wee folk in the mix.

I just couldn't resist the suggestion. Plus the devil made me do it. He's my roommate.

And Felicia is tastycakes. The fact that she's playing D&D sent my geekhormones into overdrive. This thread gets to be a bit too much sometimes. :cloud9:

She played Violet.

:applause:

That stuff is great. I don't think I've played a game of D&D for 30 years but one of my sons just started getting serious about. D&D weekends were some of my favorites. I met many truly unique and incredible individuals playing it. We also played Traveller for the good old sci-fi twist and Melee for quickie battles. While we did have a few girls play the game, I don't remember any quite that pretty. Of course, we didn't have Rat Queens D&D. lol

She played Violet.

:applause:

That stuff is great. I don't think I've played a game of D&D for 30 years but one of my sons just started getting serious about. D&D weekends were some of my favorites. I met many truly unique and incredible individuals playing it. We also played Traveller for the good old sci-fi twist and Melee for quickie battles. While we did have a few girls play the game, I don't remember any quite that pretty. Of course, we didn't have Rat Queens D&D. lol

Same goes for me. I was the DM for nearly 50 gatherings 20+ years ago and every time I run into some of the people today that played, they recall the best memories of some of the modules we played.

I just couldn't resist the suggestion. Plus the devil made me do it. He's my roommate.

And Felicia is tastycakes. The fact that she's playing D&D sent my geekhormones into overdrive. This thread gets to be a bit too much sometimes. :cloud9:

I would call that previous comment Exhibit A for why most gaming groups lack female players.

I would call that previous comment Exhibit A for why most gaming groups lack female players.

Yep. lol

Please tell me that you're developing this into a RPG,(ostensibly where bonuses are applied for making rude comments, clever quips and obscene gestures.)

-T

The great thing about tabletop is you can easily incorporate that in to your game without anyone's permission.

There are no variant covers for 9 or 10?

I'm still missing the Fiona Staples variant and unwilling to spend $80 on a modern back issue. So I'm trying to not let any others pass me by.

Now that Vol 2 is available, I'm going to need to pick that up too (so I can loan it out to people who like to tear up my floppies).

-Terry

Edited by Firespitter

Does anyone have a set of rat Queens for sale? Looking to get all the A covers for less than ebay prices if possible.

I've got a slabbed 9.8 run of #1 - #4 (A covers) that I'm going to be listing in my sales thread tomorrow, as well as some raws. Not sure what all raws I have just yet, but if you shoot me a PM tomorrow I'll look into it for you.