• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Rat Queens - Kurtis J. Wiebe, Meg Dejmal, John Upchurch
2 2

1,617 posts in this topic

This isn't a big surprise. Stepan has said more than once on the Facebook page that he was doing this arc and then they'd see what was happening. I got the impression all along that he was kind of stepping in as a temporary measure so the book could keep on schedule after Roc's departure.

Pure speculation here, but Kurtis has been posting quite a few drawings of the Rat Queens by Tess Fowler on the Facebook page. She previously did the Braga Special, so maybe she's just having fun, but before Stepan was announced we also were teased with a number of his Rat Queens test drawings. I wouldn't be surprised at all if Tess is the new regular artist.

11267040_443138592525828_7271462142749791053_n.jpg

No offense intended, but I'm not liking that Fowler artwork. I will scratch it off of my pull list if that's representative of future issues.

-Terry

I wish Joe Mad drew this series. :gossip:

No offense intended, but I'm not liking that Fowler artwork. I will scratch it off of my pull list if that's representative of future issues.

-Terry

I wish Joe Mad drew this series. :gossip:

If only!!!

link_by_joe_mad__by_ross_a_campbell-d6wl4ny.jpg

joemadureira004.jpg

I like it. Fowler's art is definitely more cartoony than the previous artists, but I thought she acquitted herself pretty well in the Braga Special. Storytelling is more important to me than rendering style, and I think she's pretty good.

I'm happy. I much prefer Fowler over Sejic.

compared to Sejic yeah...compared to Roc, no.

I wonder if Roc is doing anything art related....once you're blacklisted for some wrongdoing it's game over financially in this day and age...there are NO second chances (unless you're RDJ)

Edited by krighton

The art in the Braga special was awful. It was a great comic with Roc, but it doesn't seem like the same comic without him. Just can't get into it when the characters expressions are muddled.

The art in the Braga special was awful. It was a great comic with Roc, but it doesn't seem like the same comic without him. Just can't get into it when the characters expressions are muddled.

I regret to say it, but:

+1

The art I've seen Sejic do is superb! The Top Cow covers included.

I think he half ed his work on Rat Queens.

[bleeding Cool] Top Cow's SDCC prints

Edited by revivedrevival

I really hope that they can keep to the current release schedule of 1 per month. The loss of momentum in a title can really kill its following. I didn't keep up with it for other reasons, but now I'm scarfing up back issues with abandon. The reality is that you can have the best story and artwork in the world, but if you produce 1 comic every 4 months in a comic with slow pacing, no one's going to buy it.

It's very sad that things turned south for Upchurch, as I think his artistic style was perfect for this genre. But I'm optimistic about Sejic.

Issue #1 was one of the best (definitely in the top 5) comics I've read in the past 2 years.

-Terry

Eight issues straight from January through to September (well, almost, missed an issue in February) , with Vol.2 coming out next month.

Committed to being on time and with Stjepan on board, we'll make it happen.

:taptaptap:

Title Release date

Rat Queens #9 March 4

Rat Queens #10 April 8

May

June

July

Rat Queens #11 August 19 ?

I really hope that they can keep to the current release schedule of 1 per month. The loss of momentum in a title can really kill its following. I didn't keep up with it for other reasons, but now I'm scarfing up back issues with abandon. The reality is that you can have the best story and artwork in the world, but if you produce 1 comic every 4 months in a comic with slow pacing, no one's going to buy it.

It's very sad that things turned south for Upchurch, as I think his artistic style was perfect for this genre. But I'm optimistic about Sejic.

Issue #1 was one of the best (definitely in the top 5) comics I've read in the past 2 years.

-Terry

Eight issues straight from January through to September (well, almost, missed an issue in February) , with Vol.2 coming out next month.

Title Release date

Rat Queens #9 March 4

Rat Queens #10 April 8

May

June

July

At least there's a release date for this one. Wiebe's other title, Peter Panzerfaust has only two more issues to go to end the series and there's no release date on them at all. The last one, issue 23, was released in February! The series is on a long hiatus.

-Terry

Title Release date

Rat Queens #9 March 4

Rat Queens #10 April 8

May

June

July

Stjepan Sejic became seriously ill after finishing issue 10 and had to drop off. Originally we were going to wait until he recovered so he could resume (hence the delay through May and June) but his condition worsened and we told him to rest and we'd find a new team.

Which we did, and they took end of June until last week to finish issue #11, with it coming out on August 19th.

That's the reality that comic buyers don't seem to understand. If we become sick or face other life problems, there is no one else to pick up the slack. We aren't Marvel or DC where we just fill in with people on the spot. It can take months to recover from an event like that.

As for Panzerfaust, Tyler hasn't been able to work on it because he hadn't made money on it in, at the very minimum, six issues. It's hard to commit full time to something when you can't make any money.

-Terry

Title Release date

Rat Queens #9 March 4

Rat Queens #10 April 8

May

June

July

Stjepan Sejic became seriously ill after finishing issue 10 and had to drop off. Originally we were going to wait until he recovered so he could resume (hence the delay through May and June) but his condition worsened and we told him to rest and we'd find a new team.

Which we did, and they took end of June until last week to finish issue #11, with it coming out on August 19th.

That's the reality that comic buyers don't seem to understand. If we become sick or face other life problems, there is no one else to pick up the slack. We aren't Marvel or DC where we just fill in with people on the spot. It can take months to recover from an event like that.

As for Panzerfaust, Tyler hasn't been able to work on it because he hadn't made money on it in, at the very minimum, six issues. It's hard to commit full time to something when you can't make any money.

Your book has been great. What we comic buyers get frustrated with is no news, no reason, no nothing from some creators.

Thankfully, you keep us in the loop and it is very much appreciated. That is why I'll personally keep buying your book.

A. I believe its worth waiting for if necessary, and

B. You're a stand up guy.

Hope things are good with you and your family and I look forward to more of the Queens in the future. (thumbs u