• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Rat Queens - Kurtis J. Wiebe, Meg Dejmal, John Upchurch
2 2

1,617 posts in this topic

Have there been any interviews about how he started the book and what his plans for it are?

I'm not sure if you've seen it already, Kurtis has a nice blog where you can check out his thoughts and ruminations. It's a nice read even on the non-comic book stuff. But there are some interesting back comics IIRC of The Rat Queens advice on dating and one liners. And a bit of back blurb about each rat queen. (I may be dreaming, but I'm pretty sure that's where I read them).

http://kurtiswiebe.com/

I'm not sure why Kurtis doesn't advertise it though. Even if you strip out the comic book content, it has some pretty deep and thoughtful content.

I might drive to Fairfax on Saturday just to shake his hand and congratulate him on his success. He deserves it.

-Terry

(I've already got a couple of comics signed by him, second-hand. And I'm not really a signature chaser.)

Edited by Firespitter

When describing Rat Queens to someone unfamiliar with the series what is one movie that may be a good one to compare it to?

I'm not sure I could come up with one movie... if anyone can, I wouldn't mind seeing it.

I'm with you, I tried to come up with something in a conversation and couldn't think of any.

Says a lot about the series. Very original works that are celebrated are often one of a kind.

The Three Musketeers movie with Charlie Sheen displayed a similar type of humor and a large quantity of irreverence. I think its underrated and I never flip the channel if I catch it on the TV. It made made laugh. (thumbs u

"Stjepan Sejic has confirmed via a post on the CBR Community that with the news of his exclusive deal with Top Cow, he is no longer the artist of "Rat Queens," published by fellow Image Comics imprint Shadowline. Sejic cited health issues for delays, and said that while he's leaving "Rat Queens," he'll be replaced by an as-yet unnamed "wonderfully skilled artist."

http://www.comicbookresources.com/article/exclusive-witchblade-to-end-in-october-sejics-now-top-cow-exclusive

I hope Sejic gets better! Health is more important than any book. Interested to see who the artist is :shy:

Edited by Tuff Ghost

wow, going with the 3rd artist...so has upchurch been able to find any artist work or is he blacklisted forever. I'd like to see them give him a second chance as the artist.

Edited by krighton

wow, going with the 3rd artist...so has upchurch been able to find any artist work or is he blacklisted forever. I'd like to see them give him a second chance as the artist.

+1. I'd hate to think Roc's legal issue with domestic violence has eradicated his future in the industry. I don't want to down play the offense. But people make mistakes and break the law all the time without getting fired for it, much less getting black listed (not saying that he has been. Just that I hope it's not the case).

I've sort of been stalking him on Facebook, and since the press announcement of his criminal charge, he's only posted a pic of himself and his daughter.

He's a super talented artist. And I don't like the thought that I'll never get to meet him at a signing or convention.

The fact that Image just completely cut him loose has left a sour taste with picking up titles at the LCS. I had $10 bucks in my pocket last week and nothing on my pull list, but looking for something else to grab. The first couple of comics I picked up I noticed were by Image so I put them back and selected a couple of Dark Horse comics (Frankenstein Underground and Cult of the Red King) which I'd been intentionally putting off investing funds toward. Afterwards I realized what I'd done (I had buyer's remorse). But the money was spent and Image probably doesn't care about my $10 anyhow.

-Terry

I know someone who was charged with stealing $10,000 from a well known retailer. Their court date was at the beginning of this month and pleaded guilty. The punishment was to pay back $325 in reparations and $200 in court fees.

It's good work if you can get it!

Rarely does punishment ever fit the crime in our society.

-Terry

Edited by Firespitter