• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Rat Queens - Kurtis J. Wiebe, Meg Dejmal, John Upchurch
2 2

1,617 posts in this topic

I was thinking the same thing. Almost 10,000 rabid Facebook fans, and the print run seems to be as high as it's ever been. Not to mention - the RQ party at ECCC was so crowded that they will have to look for a bigger venue next year. How is that for "buzz"...?

Wonder if losing the artist hurt the TV show prospects. The buzz balloon pretty much popped after that happened.

I agree the events with the artist hurt the momentum and it would seem might have affected it.

Our sales have increased. Our pre orders for volume 2 were five times the amount than for volume 1.

And that article didn't get the whole context of the conversation. So, that was swell of him to write without asking me any f@cking questions.

It has expired, but is in the process of being renewed.

Sheesh, you negative Nellie's!

Wonder if losing the artist hurt the TV show prospects. The buzz balloon pretty much popped after that happened.

I agree the events with the artist hurt the momentum and it would seem might have affected it.

Our sales have increased. Our pre orders for volume 2 were five times the amount than for volume 1.

And that article didn't get the whole context of the conversation. So, that was swell of him to write without asking me any f@cking questions.

Still one of my favorite books out there.

TV, Movie or whatever it is a GREAT COMIC BOOK!!

These boards are notorious for chasing off creators. There's many jack@zzes here.

But we love you Kurtis :foryou:

Don't let some bad apples spoil this place for you.

:applause:

Awesome news Kurtis!

I have no doubt we're going to be hearing about Rat Queens for a long time to come.

These boards are notorious for chasing off creators. There's many jack@zzes here.

But we love you Kurtis :foryou:

Don't let some bad apples spoil this place for you.

I think he was referring to the guy at CHU who "broke" the news about the show being cancelled.

And what did we learn from this lesson kids?

no doubt about that :lol:

Forgetting any the tv news, cartoon news, video games news, etc. there are a handful of books I can't wait to read every month on my pull list, and Rat Queens is one of them. I have bought and will continue to buy this book until Kurtis walks away, and the characters' journey is completed. (which better not happen for a very long time) Long live the Queens!

The way I see it, now that the option has expired, someone that actually loves the story and really wants to make the adaptation is just about to scoop it up and make it happen - vs. someone with only monetary interest. It will happen - I have no doubts.

I've said it before, but I'm not keen on the Pukeko pictures style of animation; Jane and the Dragon and the Wotwots are two of their productions. They did just come out with Thunderbirds Are Go! that premiered in April; Where the puppet/marionette style of characters seems appropriate. Though, speaking as a fan, I'm uneasy about their ability to do Rat Queens justice.

-Terry

I've said it before, but I'm not keen on the Pukeko pictures style of animation; Jane and the Dragon and the Wotwots are two of their productions. They did just come out with Thunderbirds Are Go! that premiered in April; Where the puppet/marionette style of characters seems appropriate. Though, speaking as a fan, I'm uneasy about their ability to do Rat Queens justice.

-Terry

Animation wouldn't be done in house.

Just found out Kurtis Wiebe is doing a signing in Fairfax, VA on June 13th. I may have to make the trip

:pullhair: Nooooooooooooooooooooooo I'll be out of town. :cry:

I'm not sure what's worse. Not knowing about it and missing or knowing that I'm missing it.

Just found out Kurtis Wiebe is doing a signing in Fairfax, VA on June 13th. I may have to make the trip

:pullhair: Nooooooooooooooooooooooo I'll be out of town. :cry:

I'm not sure what's worse. Not knowing about it and missing or knowing that I'm missing it.

knowing about it and missing it is worse

no doubt