• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Pics from Backyard Comic Fest

100 posts in this topic

Lots of super big books, there, !!!!

What a great looking day

B

you should host a backyard BBQ geek fest :baiting:

Bunky could film it for his next installment of "Parts Unknown".

What a great looking day

B

lol and sign u up for life insurance

Looks like you all had fun! (Of course, exposing a golden-age comic book to sunlight should be a class-A felony...)

They rubbed them down with SPF 30 sunscreen first. :o

I thought some of those books looked extra glossy!

Here is my buddy Dave taking a closer look at the Detective #12 I recently reacquired

P1010028-1_zps2c96743a.jpg

Dave used to come and setup (in conjunction with Terry) at some conventions here on the West Coast, but I haven't seen him in quite a while.

A good guy, I always enjoyed buying from him.

Here is my buddy Dave taking a closer look at the Detective #12 I recently reacquired

P1010028-1_zps2c96743a.jpg

Dave used to come and setup (in conjunction with Terry) at some conventions here on the West Coast, but I haven't seen him in quite a while.

A good guy, I always enjoyed buying from him.

Dave Reynolds :)

My place was overrun with Philly area geeks yesterday for a backyard BBQ and comic fest. Here's some pics from the festivities.

The Convention Hall

IMG_0851.JPG

[font:Times New Roman] The idea of throwing a comic book geek-fest & BBQ rocks! :headbang:

Overwhelming awesomeness! That tent had me thinking Ren-Faire and sure enough, 64 pages showed up, right on cue!

If I could figure out how to turn the thermostat down on Texas maybe I'd sponsor one of those wingdings.[/font] smiley_emoticons_hot.gif

Where's Lou Ferigno?

[font:Times New Roman]He was probably in the kitchen working out with slabs of ribs & brisket. [/font] :gossip:

What a great looking day

B

[font:Times New Roman]Now that there's an Anthony Bourdain comic book, that's a lock! [/font] lol

Tony-official-Get-Jiro.png

Looks like you all had fun! (Of course, exposing a golden-age comic book to sunlight should be a class-A felony...)

Not to mention BBQ sauce.

At least the lawn sprinkler didn't come on. :o

Not to mention BBQ sauce.

At least the lawn sprinkler didn't come on. :o

:ohnoez: [font:Times New Roman]The mental image of that scene and the Jay Garrick-like speed with which those long-boxes would've moved to dry ground gives me pause for an uncontrollable giggle/cringe.[/font]