• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Question for Ian

251 posts in this topic

Oh, that's awful, Ian. I'm so sorry to hear that.

-- Joanna

Thanks. Deathlok just sent me a private message full of millions of little laughing icons.

Consider the source. 893naughty-thumb.gif

Sorry to hear the sad news, Ian. sorry.gifflowerred.gifflowerred.gif

flowerred.gif

Send the PM to the moderators, and tell them he constantly trolls you. Maybe after they warn him, he will find somebody else to harass and leave you alone. This guy is obviously demented.

Thankyou. I will. As quickly as he gleefully and boastfully reported my friend's auction to e-Bay because it was trying to find me my missing comics.

So when you crack them open, you don't keep the labels with them? I hope you're doing something to maintain records of pedigree books! I'd hate to see that information lost!

If I bought slabbed books, then I kept the label once I cracked them open. I have a box full of them. However many that I bought, I had the dealer crack them open for me before they shipped them to England, so in those many cases, I never had the label.

So basically many of the ones I bought slabbed I still have the labels, but probably thirty or forty I don't.

So when you crack them open, you don't keep the labels with them? I hope you're doing something to maintain records of pedigree books! I'd hate to see that information lost!

If I bought slabbed books, then I kept the label once I cracked them open. I have a box full of them. However many that I bought, I had the dealer crack them open for me before they shipped them to England, so in those many cases, I never had the label.

So basically many of the ones I bought slabbed I still have the labels, but probably thirty or forty I don't.

Are you at least maintaining records of provenance and the fact that the book is a pedigree copy? People put a lot of effort into keeping records of books from famous collections. Even if you don't care, someone in the future might (like if you upgrade and get rid of one of your old pedigree copies) and it would be a shame to have that information lost for all time.

Hey Ian,

In an earlier post you referenced a quote from Doctor Who. I was thinking, maybe after completing your DC collection you can begin locating some of those missing episodes destroyed by BBC in the late 70's. Otherwise, are you thinking of starting a new run such as Fox Features or Timely's?

Since I'm new to these boards, I had no idea that it was the same Ian Levine that was involved with retrieving some of the old Doctor Who episodes. I've read many articles about him regarding this subject in years past. I'm as big a Doctor Who fan as I am a comic book fan.

Hey Ian,

In an earlier post you referenced a quote from Doctor Who. I was thinking, maybe after completing your DC collection you can begin locating some of those missing episodes destroyed by BBC in the late 70's.

Er..... I was directly or indirectly responsible for finding over fifty.

When I started finding old episodes in 1978, there were about 170 missing, and many more of the colour episodes were only in black and white.

We got it down to 108.

Sorry Ian,

I knew I'd heard the name before but just couldn't remember where. Not to get off of the comic book subject, but I remember reading somewhere that someone in Canada had all the missing episodes and had transfered them to laserdisk (inherited from his father), and would not negotiate their return to BBC. Is this true, or a bunch of hogwash? I just hope that at one point in my lifetime I can view both "Power of the Daleks" and "Evil of the Daleks" back to back. In the meantime I'm looking forward to the new series starting next year.

Sorry Ian,

I knew I'd heard the name before but just couldn't remember where. Not to get off of the comic book subject, but I remember reading somewhere that someone in Canada had all the missing episodes and had transfered them to laserdisk (inherited from his father), and would not negotiate their return to BBC. Is this true, or a bunch of hogwash?

A bunch of hogwash

Since I'm new to these boards, I had no idea that it was the same Ian Levine that was involved with retrieving some of the old Doctor Who episodes.

Why ???? Are there more than one ?????

OH PLEASE, DON'T LET THERE BE MORE THAN ONE IAN LEVINE. 893frustrated.gif