• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

May ComicLink Auction and the Big Green Egg

87 posts in this topic

[font:Times New Roman]1 for 1 so far, but it was unexpected. I went out for dinner after establishing my maximum. Returned home, checked the final result and...smiley-shocked003.gif

I'm actually elated, but fully expected to be outbid. [/font]

I'll probably regret not going a little harder for the All Select #1. I'm still winning too much later in the auction to risk winning that book too.

I know you have great taste, but is the later stuff better than an All Select 1?

Probably not... but there are a bunch of Marvel Mysterys that I like.... and about 20 other books too.

Good luck tomorrow, Mike. There has been a great selection of Timelys. I didn't mannup enough to get the Cap 33. But I did get two cool old DCs, Adventure 70 and Flash 10.

I'll probably regret not going a little harder for the All Select #1. I'm still winning too much later in the auction to risk winning that book too.

I know you have great taste, but is the later stuff better than an All Select 1?

Probably not... but there are a bunch of Marvel Mysterys that I like.... and about 20 other books too.

Good luck tomorrow, Mike. There has been a great selection of Timelys. I didn't mannup enough to get the Cap 33. But I did get two cool old DCs, Adventure 70 and Flash 10.

[font:Times New Roman]I manned-up like Linus van Pelt seeking the Great Pumpkin. Now I need my security blanket.[/font] :cry:

I went 2 for 11.

I was looking closely at that Flash but when I won the big book I was after early in the auction, I had to go soft on all my remaining bids thus my poor winning percentage. Not complaining though.

I felt there were strong prices for the Batman 20 - toyed with the idea of the 9.0 or the 8.5 for all of 5 minutes but figured I better not and eventually reserve myself to a lower grade.

???????

I think some folks are delusional re. the Startling # 20. Yes--it's a 9.2 and the Mile High copy but with the qualified label due to the added staples, really?

It's non-Schomburg, non-war, and features Pyroman on the cover rather than the Fighting Yank. It's also made the rounds on eBay with a $5,000 asking price.

So what's worse--that it's already been bid up to $2,900 or that even at that level it's yet to break reserve??

Say you removed the added staples. Then you've got what...an 8.5 Mile High copy of what is otherwise a $450 book. Give it the Mile High multiple and I still don't see it breaking $1,000.

I have a general CLink question...I have bought 2 books off of their exchange before but have never participated in one of their auctions...I am having a hard time finding a watch item button on my screen?!!! I would like to watch a few different books at this time but I dont want to bid on them just see how they do...please tell me I am missing something here (awaiting help from Captain Obvious here!!!) lol

I think some folks are delusional re. the Startling # 20. Yes--it's a 9.2 and the Mile High copy but with the qualified label due to the added staples, really?

It's non-Schomburg, non-war, and features Pyroman on the cover rather than the Fighting Yank. It's also made the rounds on eBay with a $5,000 asking price.

So what's worse--that it's already been bid up to $2,900 or that even at that level it's yet to break reserve??

Say you removed the added staples. Then you've got what...an 8.5 Mile High copy of what is otherwise a $450 book. Give it the Mile High multiple and I still don't see it breaking $1,000.

It sold for significantly more than $2900 here on the boards just a month or two ago. But I agree, I don't see it hitting the reserve.

I have a general CLink question...I have bought 2 books off of their exchange before but have never participated in one of their auctions...I am having a hard time finding a watch item button on my screen?!!! I would like to watch a few different books at this time but I dont want to bid on them just see how they do...please tell me I am missing something here (awaiting help from Captain Obvious here!!!) lol

No Watch Item feature on their site.

I suggest putting in a min bid early on in their auctions, that way you have a record of the book in your history - you will get the final price once auction closes. Hope that helps.