• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Charity Thread For OKC Tornado Moore, OK

243 posts in this topic

Glad the drawing went well and everyone enjoyed the mystery boxes :applause:

As for the distribution of funds - the church I go to did a "passing of the plate" a couple of Sundays ago to send donations to those hit by the storms. What I think happened with the funds was they contacted churches in the area to see who was doing what and what they needed and made a donation to them. I think going "local" may be a better option than going with one of the big guys like the Red Cross. Just my 2c

I think going "local" may be a better option than going with one of the big guys like the Red Cross. Just my 2c

When I donated for the tsunami in Japan I asked directly to Caritas Japan if it was better to donate to them, but they told me they decided not to receive any contribution directly from abroad, so I made a small donation through one of our italian Caritas branches.

I am not familiar with the american Red Cross, but I guess as well as they are well organized, most organizaztions manage to get the funds where needed quickly without burocracy getting in the way. :)