• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Charity Thread For OKC Tornado Moore, OK

243 posts in this topic

Is this the full re-cap of what is left? If so I will clear the thread. If not, let me know and I will check my wallet and see what I can do. Sorry I missed on the mystery boxes - kudos to all who made that jump.

Lmk,

Jaysen

Jaysen! :hi:

Were you happy with the books? I did not hear anything afterwards…

Recap;

Wolverine Omnibus Volume 1

Brand new in original shrink wrap $99.99 cover.

Not sure why they number these the way they do.

this is the Jason Aaron run, not Miller.

Lets say $50 shipped in the US.. You pay comicalgems, I ship book to you.

Donated by shadroch

Batman Inc #8 NM $8 Free domestic shipping

Donated by Tibex82

Is this the full re-cap of what is left? If so I will clear the thread. If not, let me know and I will check my wallet and see what I can do. Sorry I missed on the mystery boxes - kudos to all who made that jump.

Lmk,

Jaysen

is that batman inc # 8 still available? if so i'll take it..

Yes that is the full recap, so yes Batman inc #8 is still available.

Recap;

Donated by shadroch

Donated by Tibex82

Lmk,

Jaysen

:takeit: and i'll make it $ 10.. paying gems now..

I just saw this thread for the first time about 10 minutes ago. I would like to personally thank comicalgems and his wife for their efforts in assisting the people of Moore, OK after this devastating F5 tornado hit their city. This is the 3rd time in the last 14 years that this particular city was hit by a major tornado (1999, 2003, 2013).

I live about 20 miles north of where the tornado hit. Yesterday morning we drove to that area and believe me, seeing the devastation in person really hits home. Miles and miles of houses just totally obliterated. Luckily, only 24 lives were lost in an EF5 tornado that was on the ground for about 14 miles and 40 minutes.

The outpouring of support has been simply amazing. Thanks again for helping out to comicalgems and anyone who has purchased books in this thread. :applause:

I just saw this thread for the first time about 10 minutes ago. I would like to personally thank comicalgems and his wife for their efforts in assisting the people of Moore, OK after this devastating F5 tornado hit their city. This is the 3rd time in the last 14 years that this particular city was hit by a major tornado (1999, 2003, 2013).

I live about 20 miles north of where the tornado hit. Yesterday morning we drove to that area and believe me, seeing the devastation in person really hits home. Miles and miles of houses just totally obliterated. Luckily, only 24 lives were lost in an EF5 tornado that was on the ground for about 14 miles and 40 minutes.

The outpouring of support has been simply amazing. Thanks again for helping out to comicalgems and anyone who has purchased books in this thread. :applause:

:golfclap:

Recap;

Donated by shadroch

Donated by Tibex82

Lmk,

Jaysen

:takeit: and i'll make it $ 10.. paying gems now..

Payment Rec'd

As many people that have said that they wish they'd seen the thread sooner, it's very tempting to try to build ten more boxes. hm

So in case anyone missed it, Broken Arrow, OK was hit by a tornado last night and it looks like we're in for another round of nasty weather this evening in the Sooner state.

A lot of the places that were accepting item donations are asking for straight cash donations at this point. I know the Red Cross was supposed to pick up some donations at my job this week and they called to say they weren't coming. Kind of weird, but hey it's the Red Cross.

The Baptist churches in this state are phenomenal in all that they're doing.

I should have the drawing video either later tonight or in the morning. I think all but one of the takers has paid I'm double checking that info now. The one outstanding made pre-arrangements to pay this weekend and I've done business with him before so I know he's good for it. I was hoping to ship items today but they may actually go out in the morning.

Glad to do what I can. :)

Multiple tornadoes going through OKC area right now. :eek:

Mike - some going through MWC - you okay? I've got tons of hail and rain. That bad cell was about five miles away from me but stayed west.

Yeah, we're OK. We moved to NW OKC (near Rockwell and NW 122nd) back in January. We were supposed to go to a wedding in MWC at SE29th & Post at 7:00 PM but decided we were better off staying put. Glad we did. There's a tornado at SE44th & Sooner Road right now.

Multiple tornadoes going through OKC area right now. :eek:

Mike - some going through MWC - you okay? I've got tons of hail and rain. That bad cell was about five miles away from me but stayed west.

Yeah, we're OK. We moved to NW OKC (near Rockwell and NW 122nd) back in January. We were supposed to go to a wedding in MWC at SE29th & Post at 7:00 PM but decided we were better off staying put. Glad we did. There's a tornado at SE44th & Sooner Road right now.

I lived in that area for a number of years - just south of Francis Tuttle and west of PC North. That was my second house. I actually graduated from North back in 82. I'm not too far away from you now - off of 63rd and Portland.

Glad you're safe.

Praying for you guys out there. Do all you can for your neighbors. Generosity of others is the only thing that renews the human spirit once broken and there are a lot of broken spirits right now.

Lmk,

Jaysen

Jaysen! :hi:

Were you happy with the books? I did not hear anything afterwards…

Will send you a PM. A hint... :grin:

Hrmmm... I though I had made it clear that I would clear the thread if those two comprised a full recap.

No matter - enjoy the book rayjay. Guess I will post a :takeit: on the Wolverine Omnibus.

Recap;

Donated by shadroch

Donated by Tibex82

Lmk,

Jaysen

hey comical any updates on how the donations have helped out down there?

I actually have become slightly indecisive on what to do next. Most of the charities are asking for cash donations only at this point. I was thinking of cutting some checks to some various groups as opposed to rounding up further supplies for donation. Among the groups I'm considering are the United Way of Oklahoma. They just raised about six million through a concert the other night. I'm also thinking of Oklahoma Baptist Disaster Relief. These guys are down there every step of the way making a real difference. I'm not a big fan of the Red Cross which is why I originally started this thread. While they do have a big name they are also notorious for raising more than they spend. At least from what I've read in the past. Case in point grass fires in Texas.

I had also considered donating to my company's employee relief fund as several of my coworkers (people I've never met) sustained total loss of their homes. I wasn't sure if that would be appropriate though? What do you (all of you that have contributed) think?

A tornado went through okc yesterday and there were people killed in that one including a mother and child that the ok highway patrol believes were sucked out of their car. Absolutely horrible news. I had intended to go down yesterday to further assist with cleanup but with the forecast early on calling for violent storms I chose to stay home and not risk being caught in one.

Easily still lots to do especially with more storms pounding the area.

hey comical any updates on how the donations have helped out down there?

I actually have become slightly indecisive on what to do next. Most of the charities are asking for cash donations only at this point. I was thinking of cutting some checks to some various groups as opposed to rounding up further supplies for donation. Among the groups I'm considering are the United Way of Oklahoma. They just raised about six million through a concert the other night. I'm also thinking of Oklahoma Baptist Disaster Relief. These guys are down there every step of the way making a real difference. I'm not a big fan of the Red Cross which is why I originally started this thread. While they do have a big name they are also notorious for raising more than they spend. At least from what I've read in the past. Case in point grass fires in Texas.

I had also considered donating to my company's employee relief fund as several of my coworkers (people I've never met) sustained total loss of their homes. I wasn't sure if that would be appropriate though? What do you (all of you that have contributed) think?

A tornado went through okc yesterday and there were people killed in that one including a mother and child that the ok highway patrol believes were sucked out of their car. Absolutely horrible news. I had intended to go down yesterday to further assist with cleanup but with the forecast early on calling for violent storms I chose to stay home and not risk being caught in one.

Easily still lots to do especially with more storms pounding the area.

I'm with you on not wanting to give to the Red Cross but for a different reason than what you explained.

I say it doesn't matter what organization it goes to though as long as its going towards those in need.