• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

New Mutants Annual #2/Psylocke Appreciation Thread

173 posts in this topic

Snagged another one for a few bucks. The book was NM and an easy 9.8 candidate before the guy shipped it. The packaging was alright, but the bag the book was in was ripped open on one side. This caused some "bunching" of the pages where it slid around. It also caused the tape to stick to part of the book. I removed the tape as carefully as I could. Below is the result.

In your opinion is it worth sending to Joey to press out the "bunching" and non cb creases, or is the cb in the photo too much of a killer? The spine is flat and pristine. This is really the only defect.

E1C0B0DA-A909-47D4-AD73-3ED65186EDCB-781-0000010FA9D9ABB6_zpsa44f0023.jpg

Snagged another one for a few bucks. The book was NM and an easy 9.8 candidate before the guy shipped it. The packaging was alright, but the bag the book was in was ripped open on one side. This caused some "bunching" of the pages where it slid around. It also caused the tape to stick to part of the book. I removed the tape as carefully as I could. Below is the result.

I have received SO MANY BOOKs like this that were killer high-grade examples. But then sellers ship these books in envelopes with little to no protection.

:frustrated:

There is only one success story I have had with a simple envelope and one backing board used for protection. And I was even shocked there was not one bend of the envelope, nor one tear anywhere. The book landed a 9.6 when submitted to CGC.

:whee:

In your opinion is it worth sending to Joey to press out the "bunching" and non cb creases, or is the cb in the photo too much of a killer? The spine is flat and pristine. This is really the only defect.

Even with a press, I wouldn't expect anything higher than a 9.2. Still worth slabbing if you have little into it.

Even with a press, I wouldn't expect anything higher than a 9.2. Still worth slabbing if you have little into it.

Thanks. That's what I thought. $8 total is what I think I paid for it. So not much into it.

Yeah this is just mind-numbing stupid!!! I absolutely wanna go bat$#!@ when some noob seller ships this way. I never let it slide either. I almost immediately file a claim when I get a book in the mail just destroyed because the seller was too lazy or too daft to pack it correctly. How else are they gonna learn :D

Sorry dude, sounds like you had a winner before it hit the mail...

I disagree. Depending on what the front cover looks like, along with any other defects that may be associated with the book, this could grade higher.

Since that is not on the spine, but rather on the opposite side of the cover, I can see this pressed and grading 9.4 if there are no other defects. But that means this book needs to shine in all other areas, including page quality and front cover condition.

But there is no way it would land a 9.6 or 9.8 with those color breaks.

Thanks, Bosco. That's the part that is so maddening about it is that it's perfect in every other area. I'd post a complete scan, but it's packed up and going to Joey this afternoon. I'll fill you guys in on the grade when I get it back.

I want a 9.8 =( . Nice pickup

Might wanna hit up Billy (paper airplane). He might have one left for you.

I’d be more than content with a VFNM or NM- copy – I just need to upgrade mine, so if some kind soul has a nice, well printed copy give me a whistle… :)

I was also looking to Alan Davis second tenure on Excalibur and I have to say he’s the only one which has drawn the "altered" Betsy Braddock in a convincing way. Having been among her first "characters designers", he was able to grasp Betsy‘s expression without having her look like a low profile oriental killer… :sick:

Just finished my Captain Britain v2 run (14 issues). :whee:

The last two issues, as I mentioned to Bosco, directly usher the storyline which Alan Davis will develop with Claremont for New Mutants Annual #2 (yes, it is Betsy as Captain Britain on the cover of #13, and with the dark glasses on the cover of #14 as just deprived of her sight, courtesy of the nefarious Slaymaster).

I will post inside scans later on to show you Betsy‘s development since the early Daredevils (re-appears first in Daredevils #2, where she explains to Brian why she has purple hair).

gXY2U4Ph.jpg

muRBHMKh.jpg