• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

How can we make Comics General a better place for those here and new members?

1,807 posts in this topic

CG needs hugs from Nate.

Even my hugs are not enough to save the hot mess that is CG.

Perhaps if we combined the power of our hugs.

And now you are completely off topic.

And this thread had absolutely nothing to do with comics to begin with.

And it has memes.

And jokes.

Destined to become locked as well because someone will take something, anything, personally.

Whoa.

My hugs are never off topic.

Also, I have good news and bad news.

The good news is your avatar makes you appear smarter.

The bad news it makes Andy appear dumber.

Boards are only visible when logged in.
The board being visible to the general public, on occasion, serves the hobby. In general it serves the company.

With no hobby press reporting, an open board is about the only hope casual hobbiest have to catch wind of the scam-tactics, the Ewert fiasco and so on.

One hundred percent of exposed shenanigans came from boardie discovery-posts, meaning 100% didn't come from professional experts paid to have your back.

Good point.

Thank you.

This suggestion was thought of as a way to remove the 'lurker' situation that has occured in the moderns thread in particular.

It would also be an additional punishment to those that have been suspended.

What do they truly lose? The ability to post?

Take away their ability to make money by removing threads from them and they may be on better behavior when they return.

Specifically threads such as: the Bronze, Copper, Moderns heating up on Ebay

Personally, I think that you're all losers.

As it should be. :foryou:

That avatar you're using is mighty fine....I was thinking about organizing a week where we all "Greggy-Up" and change our avatars and tell everyone to suck it. hm

You going to any shows before WW Chicago?

Charlotte and SD, dink

Boscos says it is for the wrong reasons. What reasons? You, and others, say people deliberately try to get threads locked? Where?

You weren't at the last meeting?

I am the leader. I don't go to the meetings. That is why I have minions.

Did RMA tell you to say that? :baiting:

I think the LTPC exacerbates what to me is the downside of Comics General. A lot of people are just posting stuff and escalating it to the point where it gets locked.

It's not a big deal to me, there isn't much in CG that appeals to me these days. It's all just my opinion and I'm not expecting to foment change here.

That is the thing though, these threads were already heading down that path. Nothing done was going to make that any different. The problem, as I see it, is that some people don't like the people that participate in the LTPC.

Look at this thread. Did the OP really start this thread to make things better in CG? Or did he start it to, once again, bag on the LTPC, which by extension is bagging on the people that enjoy this silly game the most? Let's see, I am at the top and we have already verified that we don't get along.

Where are any ideas regarding anything to "make CG a better place"?

Yes, the LTPC is the problem and not people disliking other people.

That avatar you're using is mighty fine....I was thinking about organizing a week where we all "Greggy-Up" and change our avatars and tell everyone to suck it. hm

Charlotte and SD, dink

See you next week then, spanky.

Boscos says it is for the wrong reasons. What reasons? You, and others, say people deliberately try to get threads locked? Where?

You definitely weren't at the last meeting

Charlotte and SD, dink

Oh :facepalm:

I think the LTPC exacerbates what to me is the downside of Comics General. A lot of people are just posting stuff and escalating it to the point where it gets locked.

It's not a big deal to me, there isn't much in CG that appeals to me these days. It's all just my opinion and I'm not expecting to foment change here.

That is the thing though, these threads were already heading down that path. Nothing done was going to make that any different. The problem, as I see it, is that some people don't like the people that participate in the LTPC.

Look at this thread. Did the OP really start this thread to make things better in CG? Or did he start it to, once again, bag on the LTPC, which by extension is bagging on the people that enjoy this silly game the most? Let's see, I am at the top and we have already verified that we don't get along.

I'd say people should take their dislike of each other to PM, but those aren't as "P" as they used to be, and just wind up being made into thread anyway.

Charlotte and SD, dink

Oh :facepalm:

I am gonna wine and dine you until you can't take any more.

Did RMA tell you to say that? :baiting:

I now have an entire board that creates my posts and makes recommendations about said posts. I need to find the one that somehow recommends that I agree with anything you say and have him cast out.

:whee:

I'd say people should take their dislike of each other to PM, but those aren't as "P" as they used to be, and just wind up being made into thread anyway.

I agree. Take it to PM so we can all hear about it.

That's fair, Garry. The nonsense isn't going to appeal to everyone.

But what's actually lacking in CG, which is something that I find lacking in many people in general, is self-awareness. So many criticize CG without stopping to ask themselves how they're contributing, or not contributing as the case may be, to this supposed "decline". It's not the LTPC, just like it wasn't the "star ratings" several years ago; it's people taking themselves too seriously, and using this place as some sort of receptacle for their bullspoon.

CG needs hugs from Nate.

Even my hugs are not enough to save the hot mess that is CG.

And now you are completely off topic.

And this thread had absolutely nothing to do with comics to begin with.

And it has memes.

And jokes.

Destined to become locked as well because someone will take something, anything, personally.

Whoa.

My hugs are never off topic.

Also, I have good news and bad news.

The good news is your avatar makes you appear smarter.

The bad news it makes Andy appear dumber.

Totally. People that usually ignore me have responded to me recently because they think I am COI. :whee:

Have fun washing off the mouth breather stench I leave all over this avatar COI. :banana:

You guys don't understand.

Before the LTPC, there was no noob bashing, button humping, piranha posting, grouchiness and nobody, but NObody ganged up to try to get a thread locked.

*Drops the mic*

Is this like all the lions coming together to form Voltron?

LMAO!

You are definitely a young old man.

Is this like all the lions coming together to form Voltron?

LMAO!

You are definitely a young old man.

I don't know why I watched that show....but I did.

How can we make Comics General a better place for those here and new members?

Discuss hm

Kill the Locked thread points game.

Amen to that! :applause:

But I think the mods see it as a form of camaraderie. Unfortunately, they don't realize it is for all the wrong reasons.

Won't solve any of the issues. There will still be the same thread derailments, the same n00b hazing, the same everything. The only difference will be the lack of points.

Anyone who thinks this will make CG a kinder, gentler place is fooling themselves

Well, it would cut down on the stuff that appears to deliberately get threads locked which is considerable IMHO.

These threads that get locked have been locked because of fighting or nastiness not because anyone has ever came in and said anything regarding points.

PIP got one locked once because he posted some risque pics. Posting those pics happens all the time. The mods now delete them so you can't cite that as an example and they weren't anything that was "rewarded" by the LTPC. No thread has ever been locked because of memes. No thread has ever been locked because it has gone off topic and turned into joke fest 2000 or chat central.

The LTPC is not the problem. People co-existing on the internet is the problem. I don't like Rupp. Rupp doesn't like me. Yay. We have that part figured out. There shouldn't be a problem should there?

Rupp, Boscos, Mikenyc, you seem to think the LTPC is the problem. You present that as fact when it isn't. I will still post like the goober that I am and poke fun at those that take this place waaaaayyy to seriously. So that doesn't solve what the real issue is and that is that people can't get along.

Either way, have fun storming the castle.

First off, you are assuming the statement is being made getting rid of the LTPC is the holistic fix to all disputes and communication breakdowns. I don't think anyone stated that. It is a contributing factor.

Now this...

It is very clear when a small group wants to start shutting down a thread. Go back to a few recent threads, and you will see the "IBTL", dancing ladies and all the other callouts to the mods that this topic now should be locked. Stating otherwise when there are also statements like, "Here come the points" doesn't take deep thought what is taking place.

Does it all come down to human interaction and the friction that can come out of differences of opinion? Of course it does. Adding to this as a side player by then repeatedly pointing out when someone has made a mistaken (e.g. maybe I should post a PM in CG so everyone can read it) is adding unnecessary friction to continue a fight.

There is not taking yourself too serious, and then there is outright aggression to show you cannot stand someone and want CG viewers to all know it. How could that not lead to additional disagreements and fighting?